Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Yeovil Post Match Thread

Watched the game on Sky, thought the lads did a great job, never looked in any danger of losing. Ist class performance by the whole team. Regarding Mark Davies, IMO the reason big Nige has brought in Cleverley, is because Wolves will take Davies back when his month is up, hope I am wrong though 'cos the lad is bril. I thought Martin looked very confident in goal tonight, I know he didn't have a save to make, but he took the high ball into our box really well. Without a doubt he has improved over the last few games. Does anyone know if Mike Stowell is still at City, if not who is our goalkeeping coach?

Watched the game on Sky, thought the lads did a great job, never looked in any danger of losing. Ist class performance by the whole team. Regarding Mark Davies, IMO the reason big Nige has brought in Cleverley, is because Wolves will take Davies back when his month is up, hope I am wrong though 'cos the lad is bril. I thought Martin looked very confident in goal tonight, I know he didn't have a save to make, but he took the high ball into our box really well. Without a doubt he has improved over the last few games. Does anyone know if Mike Stowell is still at City, if not who is our goalkeeping coach?

Put the bits in bold together.

Not the polished performance we have seen of late but that could have something to do with the TV cameras and a pitch that looked worse than ours did last season.

Plus Points

1) Martin looked confident. Something I don't always say. That said, he did have me biting my nails with his random charges out of his area.

2) Hobbs and Morrison looked okay. Let's hope this gets better the more games they play.

3) Davies continues to impress. If only we could keep him.

4) Mattocks first goal. Confidence building.

5) Cleverley's brief appearence did leave a taste for more.

6) 7 points clear and looking good!

Negatives

1) It looks as if Howard won't be credited the goal. Sky Sports replays are suggesting it wasn't on target.

2) Lloyd Dyer's appetite to play for the shirt seems lacking.

3) Oakley is starting to worry me with his increasing amount of mis-placed passing and general poor distribution of the ball.

4) Gilbert is starting to develop Oakley's habits. Not as serious to date, but needs addressing.

5) Fryatt notches up another game without scoring. Again, not cause for concern just yet.

Cracking night.

Quality drive there and back. Smoooooth.

Great result, good turnout, alright atmosphere. Spoke to someone about Foxestalk, hopefully there on here tomorro (was a decent chap).

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE.

Fookin knackered. That was proper fun. Really, really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see more of Cleverley, looks like a Davies-type player and the linkup between the two in a brief spell at the end was a real tease. Jimmy Bullard is a superstar.

Yeah babeh! :cool:

Got back about half an hour ago. Fooking brill evening! One of the best awayers this season I reckon, the atmosphere was excellent. Think I'm going to stay up now I'm too hyper to sleep.

Yeovil didn't look a bad side in all fairness but you could tell who had the class in the end, Cleverley looks great - really impressed with him.

A top night with top people and a whopping 7 points clear!

Respect goes to all 700 plus who made the trip to yeovil.

Mad bastards!!!

This season has proved what support this shitty club has.

After last seaons misery you diehard fans have shown nothing but spirit and encouragement for the team.

You are the life of this club and you should all feel proud.

mad bastards!

:scarf:

:appl:

Just got back in.

Liverpool for 9AM is looking unlikely at the mo.

In answer to what Mrs.D had in store for me - 'being locked out of the house' was the answer. :angry:

Leaving the bloody keys in the lock indeed! :angry: :angry: :D

Negatives

1) It looks as if Howard won't be credited the goal. Sky Sports replays are suggesting it wasn't on target

Difficult one really... his original shot was on target, it hit someone which sent it wide, it then hit someone else who diverted it into the net!!!

Thought we looked comfortable even if Yeovil had a few enterprising attacks. We didn't really get out of 2nd or 3rd gear and we didn't need to. We ooze class at times and although Oakley tried his best to fook things up, he was still unsettling Yeovil and they panicked every time he got the ball for some reason. Oakley really could of had a field day last night, but didn't. Hope he finds his form again as it appears his last 2 appearances have been diabolical for his standards.

Annoyed Gradel was completely left out of the matchday 16, given Dyer's form. They had a mis-match of defenders and I think Maxi could have done some damage last night. But Nige, knows what he's doing and his substitutions changed killed the game off for us, which was excellent.

Very pleased for Mattock, he is a massive talent and I don't think we really appreciate him. At 18, he can go far.

Mark Davies is sensational. I could sit on here and talk about him all day.

Big shout out to Morrison as well who was very commanding at the back and Berner showed his experience too.

To the fans who made the journey :appl:

i have to say it was so nice to finally see the new and improved leicester machine in action, even if they rarely got out of fisrt gear (or needed to!) - effortless and delightful (especially if some of themm were having an off day!)

i thought morrison and hobbs dealt with the expection and pressure of being tunchless very well, and whilst clearly not the finished article, they dealt with most everything in the air and didn't seemed to panic when yeovil got round the back and sides, or ran at them with pace, no doubt there are better attacks but i wouldn't say they had it too easy (for periods of the game at least)

also thoguht that martin looked good and won everything he went for, and fryatt never gave up even if it was never going to be his day...

it was actually very strange and hard to believe i was watching leicester!

a great night in 'the highbury' in majorstuen, a great result and enjoyed with Norfox74 and the 'Moss Blues'.... skål til leicester!

Good, professional performance in the end, though we should have wrapped the game up by half-time.

First goal was deffo an og as it was going wide of the far post before the deflection. Great work by Davies and Howard though.

The away following was a little subdued, but had a decent turnout of FT members though...

A win on Saturday will take us to 60 pts. That will send a clear message to the rest of the league.

Good to meet you last night, it was a great night and was mint to put the FT flag up. Good atmos too

Yeovil is a long way from anywhere. Fact.

Winning is brilliant.

Davies is wonderful.

Howard is Godlike.

And it didn't rain - what a brilliant night! :D

Fully agree with you their Daggers

Yeah babeh! :cool:

Got back about half an hour ago. Fooking brill evening! One of the best awayers this season I reckon, the atmosphere was excellent. Think I'm going to stay up now I'm too hyper to sleep.

Yeovil didn't look a bad side in all fairness but you could tell who had the class in the end, Cleverley looks great - really impressed with him.

A top night with top people and a whopping 7 points clear!

Agree with you Katy, Yeovil looked a good find/

Bloody hell, am knackered and cba with college, but what a great night :)

A Yeovil fan on TFF:

"Fair play to Leicester fans-1000 on cold Monday night was great effort and were noisy throughout.

Met several after match and good blokes."

:cool:

And also:

"Leicester far too strong and only surprise was they left it to late on to go 2 up.

Best side seen at Huish in 4 yrs of Lg 1 and will deservedly go up as Champions.

Yeovil gave plenty of effort as always but simply don't have quality or sufficient squad size to mount credible challenge to top sides."

Well, considering I thought we were no where near as good as we have been in many games, that's good to hear.

Leicester are too good for this division. I hope they go up, they deserve to. There was little play-acting, just a quiet professional desire to do the job and get out. Their manager may not be the most happy-looking bloke on earth but he was calm, assured and professional in his post-match interview. The club as a whole doesn't seem to have the chip on their shoulder that other ex-Premiership clubs suffer from.

Archived