Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Yeovil Post Match Thread

Mark Davies would grace any Premier League team playing as he did last night.

If Ronaldo, or Berbatov had done what he did setting up the 1st goal, everyone would go crazy and say how world class they are. He also had other great runs, and kept the ball under control in impossible situations.

I would swap Fryatt for Davies any day of the week.

Or got him out of a booking! :D

that's how i saw it - the look in his eyes was very much 'please don't book me'

why take such a blatant and uneccesary dive and then claim no peno - definately a naughty boy realising he'd been busted...

but again, if it wasn't a peno, why no card, you don't go down like that if you trip over?

Mark Davies would grace any Premier League team playing as he did last night.

If Ronaldo, or Berbatov had done what he did setting up the 1st goal, everyone would go crazy and say how world class they are. He also had other great runs, and kept the ball under control in impossible situations.

I would swap Fryatt for Davies any day of the week.

Yeovil are a poor team in the 3rd tier of English football. They gave you a lot of time on the ball which you don't get in the leagues above. Not that I'm knocking it, it was great bit of play.

... thought the ref got the game spot on, even down to the Rodger 'tripping' in the box. No point souring and spoiling the game with an unnecessary booking ... give the lad the benefit, no pen just get on with the game. To be honest Yeovil were well beat by that stage anyhow, they could have played another 90 minutes on top and still they'd have failed to take their chances (and they did create a few, just a few ... but you've got to finish!)

Still three points ... still a way to go but it's looking up ... Come on City!

1) It looks as if Howard won't be credited the goal. Sky Sports replays are suggesting it wasn't on target.

Hmmm I thought it looked like his actual shot was on target but it got 2 deflections, The 1st deflection sent it off target then the 2nd deflection sent the ball into the back of the net. Oh well it'd be nice to have on Howard's record but i'm not that bothered they all count.

Hmmm I thought it looked like his actual shot was on target but it got 2 deflections, The 1st deflection sent it off target then the 2nd deflection sent the ball into the back of the net. Oh well it'd be nice to have on Howard's record but i'm not that bothered they all count.
It's Steve's goal. You have to give it him.

Yup.

Thought you may like to see the wise words of that masterful manager Russel Slade, in todays Western Daily Press

:rolleyes:

Boss Slade is angered by key decisions going against Yeovil

Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 00:40

Yeovil Town boss Russell Slade rounded on the officials after his side's 2-0 defeat to League One leaders Leicester City on Monday night.

Slade felt the Foxes' opener came from a corner that should not have been given and felt it was far from the only mistake referee Iain Williamson made.

Slade said: "We have put in a terrific shift and we have given Leicester a game.

"They have had the fortune because I have looked at the video and their goal has come from a corner that should have been a goal-kick. If there is any doubt at all he should give it to the defending side.

"He seemed to take an eternity to make the decision and it has hurt us. It put us on the back foot after we had made a really good start to the second half.

"I am really disappointed. I don't think the men in the middle had great games when it came to key decisions.

"They have taken away the opportunity of us getting something from an important game."

Slade could at least draw some solace from the fact that initial reports that midfielder Gary Roberts had suffered a broken leg were wrong.

"It is ankle ligaments," said the manager.

"It is not broken. He has been for an X-ray and so he could be out for four to six weeks. It doesn't help and we have to take it on the chin."

Steve Howard's deflected shot gave Leicester a 57th-minute lead before Joe Mattock added a second with two minutes to go.

"It didn't happen in front of goal but our worry was always going to be what would happen when the ball was lost.

"We have lost a lot of resilience when the ball is lost in Terry Skiverton, Gary Roberts and Darren Way," said Slade.

"The second goal was the killer and the result flattered them. Leicester have got the confidence about them. They should be in a different league. What they are doing here in the first place beggars belief."

Slade will try to add to his squad before Saturday's trip to Southend United but the squad will not include Shrimpers striker James Walker.

Slade tried to take the former Yeovil striker on loan for a month before last night's game but a deal could not be agreed.

"We need one or two bodies for sure and we are trying to solve the situation before the visit to Southend," added the manager

Thought you may like to see the wise words of that masterful manager Russel Slade, in todays Western Daily Press

Yeovil Town boss Russell Slade rounded on the officials after his side's 2-0 defeat to League One leaders Leicester City on Monday night.

Slade felt the Foxes' opener came from a corner that should not have been given and felt it was far from the only mistake referee Iain Williamson made.

Slade said: "We have put in a terrific shift and we have given Leicester a game.

"They have had the fortune because I have looked at the video and their goal has come from a corner that should have been a goal-kick. If there is any doubt at all he should give it to the defending side.

"He seemed to take an eternity to make the decision and it has hurt us. It put us on the back foot after we had made a really good start to the second half.

"I am really disappointed. I don't think the men in the middle had great games when it came to key decisions.

"They have taken away the opportunity of us getting something from an important game."

Slade could at least draw some solace from the fact that initial reports that midfielder Gary Roberts had suffered a broken leg were wrong.

"It is not broken. He has been for an X-ray and so he could be out for four to six weeks. It doesn't help and we have to take it on the chin."

Steve Howard's deflected shot gave Leicester a 57th-minute lead before Joe Mattock added a second with two minutes to go.

"It didn't happen in front of goal but our worry was always going to be what would happen when the ball was lost.

"We have lost a lot of resilience when the ball is lost in Terry Skiverton, Gary Roberts and Darren Way," said Slade.

"The second goal was the killer and the result flattered them. Leicester have got the confidence about them. They should be in a different league. What they are doing here in the first place beggars belief."

Slade will try to add to his squad before Saturday's trip to Southend United but the squad will not include Shrimpers striker James Walker.

Slade tried to take the former Yeovil striker on loan for a month before last night's game but a deal could not be agreed.

"We need one or two bodies for sure and we are trying to solve the situation before the visit to Southend," added the manager

because last season we were crap!!

"The second goal was the killer and the result flattered them. Leicester have got the confidence about them. They should be in a different league. What they are doing here in the first place beggars belief."Because you stupid sod, this team didn't exist last season & big Nige wasn't the manager of LCFC.

but the ref didn't have a video and made a judgement call: swings and roundabouts, russ....and besides, they had plenty of time to clear the ball before the goal, it wasn't as if it was direct from the corner

so, it's the ref's fault we had more possession, despite being away from home, and had 7/7 shots on target compared to yeovil's 1/7.... :rolleyes:

moron.

Archived