Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Shirt Choices on Offer - Vote Blank!

Unbefcukinglievable.

How did we get from "Foxes put the fans first" to 'choose one of four designs'?

And also, which one eyed freak chose options 1 to 3 as contenders?

The message on Monday read as if the fans were going to get a say on the design on the shirt. This natuarally sparked off many a thread on here. Today, we find that the designs are already chosen and we get to pick from four. How did that happen?

An e-mail to Peter Jones is required...

Unbefcukinglievable.

The message on Monday read as if the fans were going to get a say on the design on the shirt. This natuarally sparked off many a thread on here. Today, we find that the designs are already chosen and we get to pick from four. How did that happen?

An e-mail to Peter Jones is rerquired...

Yeah that's what i thought. I thought we got to choose essentially the shirt. But we are only really choosing a logo.

if they really wanted to poll the Leicester fans why not have a vote at the next home game.

a card on every leicester seat, put a cross next to the one you want and leave on your seat.

it would stop any cheating, or rival fans fudging up the vote..

p.s i just voted about 50 times for the blank option, just refresh the page and resets for me!

what a complete and utter balls-up. this is just beyond a joke. how on earth they chose A, B, and C is beyond me. a choice of 4 is no choice at all when you haven't chosen them. this is just like communist governments claiming to have won elections when they've decided who goes on the ballot sheet. there has been no publication of how votes will be registered - they can hardly call it voting tbh. and it looks as if any tom, dick or harry with access to the internet can vote. this could go tits-up. it really could.

i've voted blank :thumbup: as i think it's the only real option. i also wouldn't have minded 1884 on the front, but it seems some berk has already decided for me that 'Forever Foxes' is a better celebration of our 125th.

can you vote as much as you want? are they giving one vote to each IP address? if so, does this mean that 4 city supporters with one home computer can only have one vote? does it mean that someone who has a laptop can go around connecting to different unsecured networks and vote as much as he/she wants? they really need to tell people if they want to stage this sort of 'vote'

Someone needs to contact the club over this, needs to be a change in the voting system.

I've e-mailed them to suggest that they use the contact details from their database to allow those who attend games a vote, rather than opening it up to anyone with an internet connection

Unbefcukinglievable.

An e-mail to Peter Jones is required...

i wouldn't have been surprised if there had been NO blank option....

You seem to be able to do it anyway just by clicking back.

Dunno if it's registering IPs though. It says one vote per person but I can imagine them not even bothering to sort that out.

Anyone know? Ive voted shit loads of time but I might as well actually just go to work if its not helping.

I doubt it will be logging IPs, If that were the case anyone working behind a firewall would give out the same IP, essentially allowing one vote per business/school/whatever as a firewall will use a single IP mask for all connections out. I'd have thought it'd look for a cookie to see if you've already voted, but as you say, just clicking back or refeshing the page seems to work. I doubt it will be too technologically advanced, it being LCFC and all, they've still not figured out hopw the phone system work in the ticket office, judging by how long it's taken me to get through today.

Sorry, IT geek here!

I've e-mailed them to suggest that they use the contact details from their database to allow those who attend games a vote, rather than opening it up to anyone with an internet connection

Good man :thumbup: This could so seriously wrong if Cov/Leeds/Forest/Derby fans twig on.

They should of done it as a text vote, just standard rate text message cost. That way you can only vote once and rival fans won't be arsed to go to all that effort.

Regarding multiple voting: "Only one vote will be accepted per person - multiple votes will not be registered."

The rival fans thing is worrying/annoying though.

Here's the reply I received from Peter Jones

Steve

Thank you for your e mail.

Please be assured that a secure system of voting is in place.

Your continued support and interest is appreciated.

Best wishes

Peter

Well that's me safe in the knowledge that we won't end up with 'Forever Foxes' on our shirt next year :rolleyes:

We have to inform the club that Forest, Derby and Cov fans are all going to vote on our shirt.

There is no log in system on the website and they are all just going to vote on the designs.

We HAVE to leave it blank, the other designs are embarrassing!

We have to inform the club that Forest, Derby and Cov fans are all going to vote on our shirt.

There is no log in system on the website and they are all just going to vote on the designs.

We HAVE to leave it blank, the other designs are embarrassing!

Done...

Dear Peter

Whilst I appreciate what the club are doing, the voting system seems very open to abuse. As proved by the fact that Coventry fans are already voting for by far and away the most ridiculous option.... Shirt A (see link).

http://coventrycity.rivals.net/forum/pgePo...4&clubId=27

I trust the club have taken this into account, but I fail to see how it will be combatted!! You only have to look on our fans forums to see that D) is by far and away the most popular choice.... although it's not really a hard choice seeing as the others are so bad!!

Regards

Steve

Best wishes

Peter

Well that's me safe in the knowledge that we won't end up with 'Forever Foxes' on our shirt next year :rolleyes:

A secure system?

How does the club know what team the voter supports?

Steve

Best wishes

Peter

The only way they can possibly make it remotely secure is to pretty much wipe out any vote coming from outside of Leicester.

Archived