Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Shirt Choices on Offer - Vote Blank!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A46243479

So Cov all voting for Foxes Forever, Forest voting for Blue Army? If they all voted for the same kit design they might stand a chance of getting us in a shite kit next season but if Cov/Forest/Derby are all gonna vote for different ones, i doubt it'll work.

They actually have nothing better to do. How sad. <_<

Just did some research and when Ipswich did vote like this they used a geographical filter!!! ie. only people in leicester will have a vote that counts like I said.

i do hope that isn't true, firstly because it means my vote will not count despite the fact i've been a ST holder since the age of 8. what about city fans who come from outside of leicester? what about people who grew up in leicester but who moved elsewhere for work etc.? what about city fans who don't check the OS regularly and may not buy a programme/attend the 'uddersfield game (where i guess something will be mentioned) who might not yet have a clue the whole thing is going on?

and that letter from Peter Jones is a joke. 'a secure system of voting is in place' = 'oh shit i forgot about all the non-leicester fans who might vote and the complete and utter pointlessness of having a poll anyway when we haven't outlined how online votes will actually be registered but i'll just try to fob him off'

not that i'm necessarily saying the obvious flaws in the system are his fault, but he could do better than that

oh and this needs a facebook group and quick to mobilise 'vote blank' support before the sunday noon cut-off. i'd do it myself but i'm not the technical type - i'm sure someone on her could do a good job :dunno:

The capacity for our club to fuck up on a repeated basis seems to know no bounds.

We are presented with something brilliant, the prospect of no sponsor on the shirt was the product of many of us feeding back to the club and they seemed to listen.

Then they not only give the job of designing the four options to a child suffering from a serious brain injury but then they give the idiot sibling (suffering from the same head trauma) the task of organising the vote.

In a swift 24 hours we witness something turn from a positive into a farce.

Seems there are still too many gimp-brained ****nuts making decisions at the club for my liking.

The capacity for our club to fuck up on a repeated basis seems to know no bounds.

We are presented with something brilliant, the prospect of no sponsor on the shirt was the product of many of us feeding back to the club and they seemed to listen.

Then they not only give the job of designing the four options to a child suffering from a serious brain injury but then they give the idiot sibling (suffering from the same head trauma) the task of organising the vote.

In a swift 24 hours we witness something turn from a positive into a farce.

Seems there are still too many gimp-brained ****nuts making decisions at the club for my liking.

Pretty much what I was just saying to Maybes on msn. :thumbup:

Just wondering what are we gonna do if Foxes Forever/Blue Army has actually won the votes?

voting doesn't end till sunday noon :thumbup:

i would certainly think there would be uproar - not necessarily just about the result but the whole conduct of this poll as well

in the end tho the club will just choose the design least likely to discourage fans from buying shirts next year (obviously blank). even people who are actually insane enough/supporters of another club to want any of the others surely can't be offended by a blank shirt, whereas i'd be sick by A,B and C

voting doesn't end till sunday noon :thumbup:

i would certainly think there would be uproar - not necessarily just about the result but the whole conduct of this poll as well

in the end tho the club will just choose the design least likely to discourage fans from buying shirts next year (obviously blank). even people who are actually insane enough/supporters of another club to want any of the others surely can't be offended by a blank shirt, whereas i'd be sick by A,B and C

And it's the cheapest to make.

I am willing to bet that the decision not to have a shirt sponsor for next season is not because LCFC are feeling all pink and fluffy about 125 years s a football club.

It's a business.

They want to sell shed loads of shirts and that has to be offset against potential income from a sponsor such as TOPPS TILES.

I am also willing to bet that on ratio, shirt sales from the past two seasons are down massively on the Alliance and Leicester era.

Why?

Because our current shirts look pants and are made clearly by the lowest bidder with the biggest margin for profit.

If they can publicise the new shirt, get the fans involved and sell potentially twice as many shirts in the 125th year and hopefully a promotion season for the club, methinks this'll earn more money in the short term as this strip will only be for a year and won't be re-cycled the following year. Also businesses want a two year minimum investment for shirt sponsorship and the climate is crap, so the deal from a sponsor may well be better in a years time when the markets are more healthy.

Q. How much profit do we make per shirt at RRP?

Q. How much was the TOPPS Tiles deal for and over how many years?

If we divided the money given by Topps into what it would be worth for one season and bear in mind it is likely that we sell more shirts the first season than the second season and then compare that with the sale of an extra say 10,000 shirts, with a new kit to be released with a sponsor the following season.......

The club aren't doing the fans a favour, its a brilliant way of selling more stuff.

This in mind, they need to ensure that the extra 10,000 shirts are sold.

Now, even if they go for Blank kit (makes sense) or 125 year strip, they have to realise that they are not going to sell extra strips with 'foxes forever' plastered across the front.

Keep voting blank anyway, but I don't think this football clubs marketing director is that furckin stupid.

N.

:tumbleweed:

I am willing to bet that the decision not to have a shirt sponsor for next season is not because LCFC are feeling all pink and fluffy about 125 years s a football club.

It's a business.

They want to sell shed loads of shirts and that has to be offset against potential income from a sponsor such as TOPPS TILES.

I am also willing to bet that on ratio, shirt sales from the past two seasons are down massively on the Alliance and Leicester era.

Why?

Because our current shirts look pants and are made clearly by the lowest bidder with the biggest margin for profit.

If they can publicise the new shirt, get the fans involved and sell potentially twice as many shirts in the 125th year and hopefully a promotion season for the club, methinks this'll earn more money in the short term as this strip will only be for a year and won't be re-cycled the following year. Also businesses want a two year minimum investment for shirt sponsorship and the climate is crap, so the deal from a sponsor may well be better in a years time when the markets are more healthy.

If we divided the money given by Topps into what it would be worth for one season and bear in mind it is likely that we sell more shirts the first season than the second season and then compare that with the sale of an extra say 10,000 shirts, with a new kit to be released with a sponsor the following season.......

The club aren't doing the fans a favour, its a brilliant way of selling more stuff.

Now, even if they go for Blank kit (makes sense) or 125 year strip, they have to realise that they are not going to sell extra strips with 'foxes forever' plastered across the front.

Keep voting blank anyway, but I don't think this football clubs marketing director is that furckin stupid.

N.

You're shitting me right?

It's a business.

Why?

N.

Thanks for spoiling it for me. Not.

Lets be honest, no-one, not even the the people who decide all this at lcfc, not even the person whose designed the 4 kits, is ever going to want AB or C.

Its all just a ploy.

They know the other kits are so bad, everybody is gonna want the blank kit, thus when they reveal that this blank design is the chosen design thanks to us fans, we will all feel a sense of acheivement, and go out and buy the kit "we" chose.

I am slightly alarmed by the choices the club have on offer. I have sent an email with my concerns about voting sabotage to mr.jones but no doubt i will get the automated response as standard. The only choice has to be the plain shirt as this conveys a more powerful message and is far more symbolic than any crappy writing or logo.

However i would be in favour of a local charity like aston villa have in acorns.

Archived