Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

team for Cheltenham

the time has come where Pearson has to show a ruthless strreak with his squad selection, too many players now know that they will play unless they get injured or suspended, that is NEVER a good thing for a club to have. FFS even Wayne Rooney isn't guaranteed a starting place at Manchester United so how the hell can Lloyd Dyer, Steve Howard or Matt Oakley be guaranteed a place here.

3 maybe 4 players need to be dropped as much to make a point as because of poor form, so the team I would pick is as follows

Stockdale

Gilbert Morrison Hobbs Mattock

Cleverley Berner© King Gradel

Fryatt Hayles

Subs Pentney, Powell, Oakley, Chambers, Porter

both full backs will benefit from having people that will actually stay wide playing ahead of them, I don't know whether Howard was injured, ill or just plain bad tonight but after a performance like that he cannot be allowed to just walk into the side again and Dyer has had long enough to rediscover his form too, its time for a change

the time has come where Pearson has to show a ruthless strreak with his squad selection, too many players now know that they will play unless they get injured or suspended, that is NEVER a good thing for a club to have. FFS even Wayne Rooney isn't guaranteed a starting place at Manchester United so how the hell can Lloyd Dyer, Steve Howard or Matt Oakley be guaranteed a place here.

3 maybe 4 players need to be dropped as much to make a point as because of poor form, so the team I would pick is as follows

Stockdale

Fryatt Hayles

both full backs will benefit from having people that will actually stay wide playing ahead of them, I don't know whether Howard was injured, ill or just plain bad tonight but after a performance like that he cannot be allowed to just walk into the side again and Dyer has had long enough to rediscover his form too, its time for a change

Before tonight, we had scored 5 goals in our last three games. Howard scored two and set up two of these and you would drop him on one game where he was below his usual high standard??? Madness!

Give some people who've played a lot a rest maybe?

Stockdale

Edworthy - Morisson - Brown - Powell

Gradel - Cleverly - Oakley - Mattock

Hayles - Chambers

Not particularly convinced this should happen, nor would it, but people like King need a breather. Be interesting to see it.

Before tonight, we had scored 5 goals in our last three games. Howard scored two and set up two of these and you would drop him on one game where he was below his usual high standard??? Madness!

Also let me add to the fact that he has said that Cleverly will keep wide. Saturday and tonight i thought he drifted in too much.

Maybe try sticking Powell at LB and pushing Mattock up the left wing?

Stockdale

Gilbert Morrison Hobbs Powell

Gradel Oakley King Dyer

Fryatt Howard

Subs: Penteny, Berner, Hayles, Cleverly, Chambers

Also let me add to the fact that he has said that Cleverly will keep wide. Saturday and tonight i thought he drifted in too much.

fair enough how about

Stockdale

Chambers Berner King Gradel

Hayles Fryatt

Subs Pentney, Powell, Oakley, Howard, Porter

Stockdale

Gilbert(fantastic today only one) Brown Hobbs Powell/Berner

Chambers Cleverly King Gradel

Howard/Fryatt ?????(i get the fealing a loan may be inserted here hmmmm)

Stockdale

Fryatt Hayles

Assuming no injuries NP will start pretty much the same XI as tonight, it is clear that he backs them to get us promoted and he is unlikely to make a change now.

Playing 4-4-2 with 2 men up and 2 wide is not going to cut it unless you have a center pairing that are really very strong indeed. NP realised this several months ago and chose to support them by playing Oakley narrow right and getting Dyer to 'tuck in' on the left. Whilst it made us more solid in midfield, what attacking flair we had up till then disappeared.

From then on our tactics have been simple and predictable - play it up to Howard and take it from there. When we have the time to play through midfield and hit short(er) passes to Howard it works well enough but if the opposition put us under pressure, it's back to hoofball. Even if Howard does win the ball he has few options as our midfield have had no time to get forward and support him!

I'm pretty sure that NP is well aware of the problems, but since we only need around a point a game to go up, I don't think he is much bothered!

NP never changes the team, hes got away with it in this shitty league, but next season he won't.

Id like this team:

Stockdale

Gilbert

Hobbs

Morrison

Powell

Cleverly

Berner

King

Gradel

Fryatt

Hayles

subs: Dyer, Howard, Oakley, Mattock, Pentney

But it will be this:

Stockdale

Gilbert

Hobbs

Morrison

Mattock

Oakley

Berner

King

Dyer

Fryatt

Howard

subs: Hayles, Pentney, Cleverly, Gradel, Powell or Brown if hes back

NP never changes the team, hes got away with it in this shitty league, but next season he won't.

Id like this team:

Stockdale

Gilbert

Hobbs

Morrison

Powell

Cleverly

Berner

King

Gradel

Fryatt

Hayles

subs: Dyer, Howard, Oakley, Mattock, Pentney

But it will be this:

Stockdale

Gilbert

Hobbs

Morrison

Mattock

Oakley

Berner

King

Dyer

Fryatt

Howard

subs: Hayles, Pentney, Cleverly, Gradel, Powell or Brown if hes back

Correct!

But as I have pointed out elsewhere, next season we will have a very different side and NP will be working to a different plan, depending on what he is trying to achieve!

Team wont change, never does unless there is injuries/suspension.

I think your right, but i hope changes are made or if changes arent made then Pearson needs to make sure we push up on teams, we were sitting back far too much tonight, and didnt seem to have a desire to win. It really frustrates me when we are soo defensive, we dont leave anyone up when the other team has a corner, its ridiculous. We should be pushing up on teams and taking the game to them, not sitting back letting them play in front of them and letting them gain confidence.

Howard has been excellent this season but i would like to see Hayles or Chambers start up front with Fryatt for a change as the current way we are playing doesnt seem to be working. I would like the team to be:

Stockdale

Cleverly Hobbs Morrison Mattock

Oakley King Berner Chambers

Fryatt Hayles

I feel there has been tension between Fryatt and Howard over the past few games, they dont seem to communicate anymore

I don't really care. But I wish Pearson would get his head out of his arse and put a side out with some fresh legs and a genuine commitment to winning by scoring some goals.

I've seen enough of the joyless, slow-motion football we've had to suffer for months now (Walsall excepted).

We badly need some drive from midfield and if that means playing 4-5-1 with something like Gradel, Oakley, King, Porter, Dyer then so be it.

And lets get those full-backs supporting properly and with a bit of spirit.

With that sort of midfield I'm sure they would.

It would give us a real capacity to pass the ball again - an art we seem to have lost since Tunchev and Davies were lost to the side.

earlier in the season when we was winning for fun we swapt the team round quite abit keeping everyone eager to play but now the players no if they have a s**t game they will start the next, so y dont we play the others ?

Correct!

But as I have pointed out elsewhere, next season we will have a very different side and NP will be working to a different plan, depending on what he is trying to achieve!

I'll not be putting money on it being any more exciting. In fact if we carry on like tonight we'll be calling him "Plod Pearson" instead of "God" Pearson.

Stockdale

Gilbert Hobbs Morrison Mattock

Cleverley Oakley King Gradel

Howard Fryatt

Subs:- Berner, Pentney, Chambers, Dyer, Dickov

I'd agree with that :thumbup:

Archived