Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Old Games You'd Like To See Remade

I would like to see a proper re-make of baldur's gate 2 (think they're doing one atm, but it seems fairly half arsed), or even better I'd like a sequel.

Star Wars Battlefront 2

For sure. I have no idea why the haven't brought this out again, an amazing game. Would also like to see Unreal championship again - was a great game for original Xbox.

Does anyone else feel old when reading through this and half of the "old" games are ones off PS2 or X-box. :(

Indeed... My latest console is the SNES so I still regard the PS2 and X-box as 'new' :D

Street fighter.

The original? That was awful. If you mean Street Fighter 2, that was remade and completely redrawn in HD for Xbox 360 and PS3 about 3 years ago. Then of course there's Street Fighter IV which is available on most new consoles but still plays like the old games. Street Fighter III also saw a re-release on 360/PS3 recently. I think Street Fighter has had enough attention recently, and no doubt they're working on SF5 as we speak.

I'd like to see a remake of Castle of Illusion (MD/MS/GG) but they're working on a "spiritual" sequel for the 3DS now so I'm happy with that.

Also, Outlaws for PC, that'd be cool

Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Alex Kid, Abe's Oddysee and Final Fantasy X

Not so much remakes, but Streets of Rage trilogy is available on Xbox Arcade now (and I'm guessing PSN) - also, Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd and Co contains Miracle World, along with Super Hang-on and Revenge of Shinobi. No graphical upgrades, but they feature new challenges and time trials, and are fairly cheap.

Shinobi also had a new game (titled "Shinobi" - an entirely new game based on the old ones) released for 3DS last year. It's pretty good, and like the old ones - gets bloody difficult after a couple of levels.

Abe's Oddysee would be a welcome return, they were such bizarre games

Have just seen they are making an HD version of Abe's Odessy - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a398506/oddworld-abes-oddysee-hd-platformer-remake-given-first-image.html

Also it seems they are making a HD version of Final Fantasy X - http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1218011p1.html

Looking forward to both. I personally think Final Fantasy X was the best in the series.

Archived