Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Old Games You'd Like To See Remade

• 1 year later...

Parasite Eve - it was way too scary and large in terms of setting and theme for me to fully comprehend when it first came out. It had a unique eerie feel to it unlike any other game, apart from the Resident Evil series, maybe.

This concept could work like a treat in today's market.

13 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Parasite Eve - it was way too scary and large in terms of setting and theme for me to fully comprehend when it first came out. It had a unique eerie feel to it unlike any other game, apart from the Resident Evil series, maybe.

This concept could work like a treat in today's market.

I had that, but it was never released in the UK, so I had a copied version for my chipped PS1. Loved it all the way through the 1st disc... and then of course disc 2 wouldn't boot! :(

I've often thought about getting the book it's based on, but again, think it's rare in the UK.

4 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I had that, but it was never released in the UK, so I had a copied version for my chipped PS1. Loved it all the way through the 1st disc... and then of course disc 2 wouldn't boot! :(

I've often thought about getting the book it's based on, but again, think it's rare in the UK.

I had a copied version, too  - alongside a then-unheard of digital FF VIII import from Japan, downloaded through the web (then still in its infant days) on a disc by a friend of mine.

PE was just a very special game, very captivating and had that sense of grandeur coupled with an adult/scientific theme that caught my eye.

17 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Maybe a bit too recent for some but if the original Mafia game got a full makeover I'd be all over that.

Oh yes! Great shout! Would a remaster beat playing it on a PS2 though thats all im thinking ha

Mafia 3 looks fantastic :)

2 hours ago, sk3since03 said:

Oh yes! Great shout! Would a remaster beat playing it on a PS2 though thats all im thinking ha

Mafia 3 looks fantastic :)

I had the PC version so for me personally the only way is up. Imagine updated graphics and a continuous, load-free world. I hope 3 is decent because 2 left me feeling a bit let down.

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Mafia 2. That was such a good game 

Had some good cut-scenes and the way you played out the ending of the first game was pretty cool but overall gameplay was generic and lacked the charm of the first one not to mention it was all over bloody quickly, something like 10-15 hours of gameplay iirc.  Though I could recall incorrectly since I felt no urge to play through it again so the experience has faded into the grey areas of my memory whereas 1 was a game I've played many times on different PCs because of the story and the varied style of missions in the main campaign and of course there were the silly free-ride missions with their weird and wonderful cars.  I mean who could forget their first time out in the Crazy Horse?  A car that literally rears up like a stallion if you accelerate too fast, leaving you fighting to keep the vehicle under control.  That game was fun and knew not to take itself too seriously.  2 didn't have that same sense of joy or self-awareness.  Imo.

17 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Had some good cut-scenes and the way you played out the ending of the first game was pretty cool but overall gameplay was generic and lacked the charm of the first one not to mention it was all over bloody quickly, something like 10-15 hours of gameplay iirc.  Though I could recall incorrectly since I felt no urge to play through it again so the experience has faded into the grey areas of my memory whereas 1 was a game I've played many times on different PCs because of the story and the varied style of missions in the main campaign and of course there were the silly free-ride missions with their weird and wonderful cars.  I mean who could forget their first time out in the Crazy Horse?  A car that literally rears up like a stallion if you accelerate too fast, leaving you fighting to keep the vehicle under control.  That game was fun and knew not to take itself too seriously.  2 didn't have that same sense of joy or self-awareness.  Imo.

That's a fair assessment. I do think the second one was over far too quickly but that's making me very sceptical of playing the third one. Are you going to bother giving it ago?

20 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

That's a fair assessment. I do think the second one was over far too quickly but that's making me very sceptical of playing the third one. Are you going to bother giving it ago?

If it receives rave reviews I may, otherwise I'll carry on with all the RPGs I have on the backburner by which time the price should have dropped a fair bit.

I'd be up for a remake of Speedball. Just an update on the graphics and game play would be great...  more detailed

OR

They could even make it some sort of MMPOG where each person has to individually upgrade their own person and decide which team ( clan) to join and play live games against other full teams of real players or with a computer generated substitute if someone loses connection/ cant get enough team members for that match. rewards for league position and game wins can be allocated by team leaders or obtained for goals scored/ assists by the individual player

Oh my i could really go on and on about this... Work is so boring today....

7 hours ago, MPH said:

I'd be up for a remake of Speedball. Just an update on the graphics and game play would be great...  more detailed

OR

They could even make it some sort of MMPOG where each person has to individually upgrade their own person and decide which team ( clan) to join and play live games against other full teams of real players or with a computer generated substitute if someone loses connection/ cant get enough team members for that match. rewards for league position and game wins can be allocated by team leaders or obtained for goals scored/ assists by the individual player

Oh my i could really go on and on about this... Work is so boring today....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251690/ Not quite what you were hoping for but still...

Archived