Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Worst job you ever had

I had a pot washing job that turned out quite fun as I didn't do much and just got drunk.

Did work in Nottingham unloading chinese students bags from a truck, most of which were at least 60kg each, 3000 of them in 2 days and you can feel it!

Cut my hand on the first bag I picked up too so that didn't help the rest of the time.

Skinning dead chickens, after i left the Army (Which comes in 2nd on my all time shit jobs list).

I only lasted till dinner time then fooked off home in the car. Dirty bastards were throwing giblets everywhere and at each other. Now im a fun sort of guy but that shit is just fooking dirty.

I rang them up when i got home and told them to send my half a days pay in the post. Im still waiting 10yrs on.

Most jobs are shit in my experience. I've had about 20.

The worst was either at Foston Chicken Factory (not live chickens) or a factory that makes them plastic handles for posh carrier bags. 12 hour nights of repetitive shite. Only good thing about the plastic bag place was folk could smoke crack or take pills so you were guaranteed some entertainment.

Another bad one was when I was a young lad delivering leaflets round Ashby all day. I remember having a shit in a derelict house one day cos I was bostin and had nowhere to go. I had to wipe me arse on 15 carpet cleaning leaflets. It was hell not being able to wash me hands til I found a pub to go in.

I've just remembered another job where I had to have a crap with no toilet. I worked on a market near Nottingham when I was 14. I had to go in some trees behind our stall and I had some Bermuda shorts under me jeans. I had to take me jeans off, rip the shorts up and use them as paper. Stuff like that is a nightmare for a hygeine freak like me :D

We all crap so don't hate.

I've had numerous jobs where the place is full of nutters and you have to watch your back but it was good fun looking back. I'll never forget one mentally deranged doorman who I worked with at a lead refinery, and another guy named Bungalow, good guys to work with for the laugh but they flip out way too easily when things should stay light hearted as they were meant to be. Mind you, it is pretty funny when you see folks getting rockets let off at them and watching them run away with a rocket behind their ass screaming 'I'll ****in get you Wayne'. Haha great days Eddie, great days.

Thought Id earn a bit of extra cash while the kids were little delivering free papers. Got given a round on Saffron Lane estate... talk about the dregs of society, some of em. Stench from some of the houses and all manner of filth on the letter boxes, getting attacked by huge dogs (canine and human ones) and abuse from the local thugs made it a total nightmare.

Most jobs are shit in my experience. I've had about 20.

The worst was either at Foston Chicken Factory (not live chickens) or a factory that makes them plastic handles for posh carrier bags. 12 hour nights of repetitive shite. Only good thing about the plastic bag place was folk could smoke crack or take pills so you were guaranteed some entertainment.

Another bad one was when I was a young lad delivering leaflets round Ashby all day. I remember having a shit in a derelict house one day cos I was bostin and had nowhere to go. I had to wipe me arse on 15 carpet cleaning leaflets. It was hell not being able to wash me hands til I found a pub to go in.

I've just remembered another job where I had to have a crap with no toilet. I worked on a market near Nottingham when I was 14. I had to go in some trees behind our stall and I had some Bermuda shorts under me jeans. I had to take me jeans off, rip the shorts up and use them as paper. Stuff like that is a nightmare for a hygeine freak like me :D

We all crap so don't hate.

I've had numerous jobs where the place is full of nutters and you have to watch your back but it was good fun looking back. I'll never forget one mentally deranged doorman who I worked with at a lead refinery, and another guy named Bungalow, good guys to work with for the laugh but they flip out way too easily when things should stay light hearted as they were meant to be. Mind you, it is pretty funny when you see folks getting rockets let off at them and watching them run away with a rocket behind their ass screaming 'I'll ****in get you Wayne'. Haha great days Eddie, great days.

A mate of mine went for a shit at a festival only to find no paper.

He had to wipe his arse with his pants and socks in the end . :crylaugh:

• 4 years later...

Inspired by the 'first job' thread.

Mine was egg collecting on a kibbutz: 4am start, two full collections before breakfast, three more after, in 120° heat.

The sheds were airless, with an overpowering stench of methane from the rotting chicken manure.

Crap job but a great craic.

I worked in the Next call centre in the Home Department. People i worked with were fine just the job itself was shit. Having to listen to people complain all day everyday. If i ever meet Miss Powell i will personally shove that pillow case so far up her arse she will be flossing her teeth with it.

Proof reader?

Only had 3 types of jobs up to when II was 60 and none have been great looking back. Gardening, warehouse and security. My best time has been volunteering in charity shops and volunteer in media work with a 9 month part time paid sub-editor role.

Strange thing is I remember when I was at school being asked what job I wanted to do and I answered a newspaper reporter but was put off by the sleaze and gossip side of it. This was in the mid 60's so the papers were bad back then. :)

At that time though I would have needed a degree to do it. So much easier with social media.

Worst job I had was going around this place correcting spelling mistakes in thread titles. ;)

lol lol

Never had a job I hated, wouldn't do it if I did.

Current one - working in a warehouse doing goods in/out and building phone switches. It's an OK job, but my other one was as a bartender at a members club, which meant I knew everyone who came in and would often get bought a drink by the regulars - I'd essentially get paid to drink and chat with friends - pretty much the dream job.

Archived