Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Albums you haven't listened to for ages but then when you do listen to them you wonder why you didn't listen to them for ages

19 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Nirvana - Nevermind Album Cover Poster Giclée Print

Not a dud track on the whole record. Loads of good albums since and loads to come but I doubt you'll ever get a more complete album. 

When I see young kids waking around in Nirvana T shirts I really hope they listen to their stuff, if not they're missing out.

• Like 3

On 11/08/2021 at 11:29, Soup said:

Not a dud track on the whole record. Loads of good albums since and loads to come but I doubt you'll ever get a more complete album. 

When I see young kids waking around in Nirvana T shirts I really hope they listen to their stuff, if not they're missing out.

I find if you tell anybody you like Nirvana you usually get the 'they're only popular because Cobain killed himself guff.

That album is close to perfect in my eyes. 'Drain you' in particular is an amazing track

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I find if you tell anybody you like Nirvana you usually get the 'they're only popular because Cobain killed himself guff.

That album is close to perfect in my eyes. 'Drain you' in particular is an amazing track

If it's not perfect then it's as close as you're  going to get. 30 years old this September as well, that's mad. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Bleach is still my favorite of their albums (or at least the one I play the most) but yeah Nevermind was amazing. There was this weird attitude to Nirvana even back then I never really got. I remember getting into a fight with some guy who saw himself as an NME writer telling me that everything pre In Utero was childish and didn't have the "sophistication" of Cobain's later writing. It felt a lot people were experiencing it all two or three times removed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zear0 said:

I think Nirvana's "Unplugged Album" from the MTV performance in New York is the one I've listen to the most.  It's a sensational performance from start to finish.

From the same era, Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam MTV unplugged are superb too. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zear0 said:

I think Nirvana's "Unplugged Album" from the MTV performance in New York is the one I've listen to the most.  It's a sensational performance from start to finish.

Yeah that Ledbetter cover is hauntingly good, stunning. Would have been interesting to see what Cobain could have done if he'd decided to make an acoustic solo album. Or even seen what bands like Radiohead eventually did in changing and morphing their sound but remaining vital but most importantly how they dealt with the media and popularity. 

On 11/08/2021 at 11:29, Soup said:

Pft. 

You could make a "best of" album featuring your favourite tracks from In Utero and Nevermind and it still wouldn't be as good as Ten. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Pft. 

You could make a "best of" album featuring your favourite tracks from In Utero and Nevermind and it still wouldn't be as good as Ten. 

Ha we could go on for ages comparing album's. Ten is a good album, never felt it like some did though.

Just to clarify a bit though.  I didn't.say it was my favourite, just that it was near perfect. No song goes on too long, each seems to flow in to the next one. The opening tracks on each side kick ass ( side B being the best) ), etc. 

Edited by Soup