Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AaronH

Kasper Schmeichel - COMPLETE

Schmeichel doesn't want to come to us because he wants to be in the Premier League. His whole plan was to see out his contract at Leeds for a top division side to take a gamble on him on a free next season, but they've put a spanner in his works now by letting him go this summer.

It's nothing personal I don't think, he just genuinely sees himself higher than this by the sounds of things.

Schmeichel doesn't want to come to us because he wants to be in the Premier League. His whole plan was to see out his contract at Leeds for a top division side to take a gamble on him on a free next season, but they've put a spanner in his works now by letting him go this summer.

It's nothing personal I don't think, he just genuinely sees himself higher than this by the sounds of things.

That's how I see it

Plus, Leeds finished above us last year and they're a bigger club than us, with his higher opinion of himself (that's my opinion, not fact), he probably sees this as a backward move. On top of this, as a free agent he would presumably of been able to command a bigger signing fee, or something too

Just shows the fine art of contract negotiation is pretty complicated, I can imagine signings with Prem ambition want release clauses should we fall short again, want higher money to play in this division to compensate for the lack of exposure and all other sorts of stuff

Sure the plan will still work. A season with us and he will be in the prem the season after next anyway. :whistle:

I agree I'd be surprised if Prem teams were interested. He's been offered a great opportunity at Leicester, a club with strong ambitions, a world class manager and the money that would allow him to double his current wages, pretty good move I would of thought.

I agree I'd be surprised if Prem teams were interested. He's been offered a great opportunity at Leicester, a club with strong ambitions, a world class manager and the money that would allow him to double his current wages, pretty good move I would of thought.

absolutely agree. Surely it would be the perfect move for him? If he thinks he can be no1 get better wages than what we would offer and have a better chance of being in the prem then i would like to know where...

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds_united_wait_on_schmeichel_outcome_1_3514868

Leeds United will discover the outcome of talks between Kasper Schmeichel and Leicester City early next week, with doubts persisting about the result of negotiations.

United have effectively ended Schmeichel’s career at Elland Road by stating that he will have no prominent role in their first-team plans next season, and representatives of the Danish goalkeeper are believed to have opened discussions with Leicester on Thursday.

City saw a seven-figure offer for Schmeichel accepted this week, leading to statements from United confirming that Schmeichel would be replaced as their first-choice keeper this summer, and Leeds are looking to see the transfer tied up before their squad report back to Thorp Arch for pre-season training in four days’ time.

Schmeichel and Leicester are considering their positions over the weekend, but sources in the Midlands continue to indicate that he is one of a number of keepers who City have been monitoring.

Meanwhile, former United midfielder Neil Kilkenny has signed a three-year contract with Championship rivals Bristol City after rejecting a new deal at Leeds.

“We’re delighted he has agreed to join us as we’ve been following him for a little while,” said City boss Keith Millen of his free transfer capture

A club source says that Sven's only just returned from a holiday in the Caribbean (which the tabloids will be running details on in coming days.. lol)

I guess the manager will already have been in talks with Kasper and the outcome of the talks will become apparent within the week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008153/Leeds-United-want-Tomasz-Kuszczak.html?

Manchester United's Tomasz Kuszczak heads a shortlist of goalkeepers wanted by their fierce rivals Leeds United.

The Yorkshire side will swoop for a new keeper once Kasper Schmeichel's £1million move to Leicester is completed in the next few days.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2008153/Leeds-United-want-Tomasz-Kuszczak.html?

Manchester United's Tomasz Kuszczak heads a shortlist of goalkeepers wanted by their fierce rivals Leeds United.

The Yorkshire side will swoop for a new keeper once Kasper Schmeichel's £1million move to Leicester is completed in the next few days.

Notice they put IS

Yet another keeper who is better than Crapser.

A club source says that Sven's only just returned from a holiday in the Caribbean (which the tabloids will be running details on in coming days.. lol)

I guess the manager will already have been in talks with Kasper and the outcome of the talks will become apparent within the week.

He's been in Portugal and I had heard he was going straight out to Sweden for a few days before pre season starts. I doubt Sven, or any other manager, actually has much to say when it comes to 'talks' other than a quick phone call to say hi and come and play for me

He's been in Portugal and I had heard he was going straight out to Sweden for a few days before pre season starts. I doubt Sven, or any other manager, actually has much to say when it comes to 'talks' other than a quick phone call to say hi and come and play for me

No no no no no.

Archived