Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Leicester's Danny Drinkwater 'is best midfielder in the Championship'

By Leicester Mercury  |  Posted: April 08, 2014

5990947-large.jpg

Leicester's Danny Drinkwater

Comments (0)

Leicester City's promotion has been a fantastic team effortlb_icon1.png but Danny Drinkwater has been at the centre of it, said Brighton manager Oscar Garcia.

Garcia brings his play-off chasing Seagulls to the King Power Stadium tonight hoping to put a dampener on City's promotion party.

But he has warned his players they face the best team and the best midfielder in the Championship in Drinkwater. "They have showed they are, and have been, the best team in the league. That's why they will be playing in the Premier League," said Garcia, whose side sit five points outside the play-offs.

"Drinkwater, for me, is the best midfielder in the division. He can do everything – get into the box, create chances, defend – the quality and ability to do everything you need from a midfielder.

"They have been very strong in defence. It's so difficult to create chances against them.

"They have key players up front, on the flanks and also in midfield.

"They have threats up front, a lot of players who can play different styles, and they have showed a lot of determination. It's not easy to go unbeaten for 21 games. We have showed we can beat anyone and we'll try to do it again."

Despite clinching promotion at the weekend, Garcia rejects the idea that City will be taking it a little easier tonight.

"They have a strong squad and they want to be championslb_icon1.png now," he said. "I don't think they will relax.

"It won't be easy, because we are playing away and they are unbeaten in 21 games, but we have to show character and have a go.

"We have to believe that we can pick up a lot of points between now and the end of the season.

"It has been a difficult season in terms of injured players and a lot of things, but we mustn't give up. We have to keep going."

Defensive midfielder Rohan Ince could be back in contention after missing the draw at Barnsley with a dead leg.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Drinkwater-best-midfielder-Championship/story-20927299-detail/story.html#ixzz2yHdux5xw

Man City fans are really growing on me. They've got a lot of very sound ones.

Very true - that's the first time I've ever even considered registering an account on another board to just say "thanks"

A fair few of them seem very knowledgeable and give us nice praise, hoping we remain a Prem team… very flattering

Unfair of Bristol City fans to say we don't have any unique chants. But we never seem to fvcking sing them so you can't really blame them for having that opinion. If everyone joined in with WYS, Bring on the Sunderland and Arsenal etc as much as they do with flippin' We Love You they wouldn't think that way.

Correct although I am laughing at the amount of them who seem to think they invented everything.

Very true - that's the first time I've ever even considered registering an account on another board to just say "thanks"

A fair few of them seem very knowledgeable and give us nice praise, hoping we remain a Prem team… very flattering

Very complimentary about us in the cup game too, though I'm not sure we earned it that night.

Hi guys, it's daib0 here of the Inter-Forum League Positions Game. Some of you won't realize that I'm a Royals fan, and of course we've a match pending very soon! Can't be any other way - first of all congratulations on an already marvellous season, well worth it in my books and the table doesn't lie as they say. I woudn't even be too sad if you snatched 'our' points record - records are only there to be broken!

On my home forum - Royals Rendezvous - we're going to organize a bumper match presentation & thread - and I'm already preparing it. 

I wondered if you'd give a minute of help with:  Supporter Base and Supporter Representation 

I mean; could you give me an idea whether the main support is from the city of Leicester itself, or from neighbouring areas close by, or from all over Leicestershire and beyond? All the historical stuff, notes on the manager, and the city itself are easy enough to find, but I'd prefer to use your own thoughts for the fan base. I'll credit the name + forum of any helpful poster!

Ah, and by the way, of course "Foxes Talk" will be published as the unreserved forum site recommendation for both our members and the hundreds of guests to find "all things Leicester".

Here's to a great game, however it goes. No whinging or gloating from me, I'm always a man 'in peace'

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  
Edited by daib0
  • Like 1

I mean; could you give me an idea whether the main support is from the city of Leicester itself, or from neighbouring areas close by, or from all over Leicestershire and beyond? All the historical stuff, notes on the manager, and the city itself are easy enough to find, but I'd prefer to use your own thoughts for the fan base. I'll credit the name + forum of any helpful poster!

Thanks for the congratulations.

Speaking for myself, I'm originally from Loughborough in north Leicestershire, and I had mates at school who supported Notts Forest and County, and Derby, but most of us supported City. Over the years, I've met people from all over the place who support the City, either because their parents/grandparents did, or because they just picked us: I've a friend in Los Angeles who shares an office with an Arsenal fan, so he supports us - he's having the time of his life at the moment.

For nearly 40 years, I lived closer to any London club than I ever lived to Leicester, but still maintained my support for the Foxes. You do, don't you?

I live in stoke. They fricking hate us. Just no one seems to know why.

They hate everyone - it's what they do on football days. It rains most every day in Stoke - they're miserable before they even get to work. I had a shop there once with a small display space outside. It rained so often they thought I was selling wet-look furniture.

The puddles are so big, people learn to swim in them before moving on to Waterworld and don't believe the maps - the source of the Trent is the big hill at Basford Bank on the road to Newcastle-under-Water.

I needed fins and a snorkel to climb the slope sometimes. Football's the only respite - the only chance to express the wretchedness of how you feel just by being in Stoke.      

• Like 4

Thanks for the congratulations.

Speaking for myself, I'm originally from Loughborough in north Leicestershire, and I had mates at school who supported Notts Forest and County, and Derby, but most of us supported City.

When I lived in Lutterworth, their was a mix of City fans and a lot Cov fans too.

I always found the majority of the hardcore fans live in the city. As someone who's a bit of a hobo myself, I always found the farther out from the city I have lived the more mixed the support is. Where as the Leicester Tigers support gets stronger. It may be a class thing? As someone raised around the Saffron Lane, everyone loves footy, and LCFC, and no one wore other team shirts when I was a kid.

Now we are promoted, Leicester fans will be crawling out from all over the place no doubt.

lol I'm not surprised to be fair. I think it looks ****ing stupid, but that's only my opinion. It was clever for the Reading game. That's it.

As for the Wednesday fans...lol I think they need to get their heads out their arses.

"WE'RE MASSIVE, ARENT WE?" :rolleyes:

Edited by HEGGSY

Oh dear I quite like Wednesday as well, and they do have a point about the lights thing being a bit embarrassing. 'Derby, forest, them and leeds are the biggest clubs in the league? I'll make sure I cry about that when we're in the top flight next year and those 4 are scrapping it out in the championship again.

It makes me smile how every club has fans that see a few derogatory posts/comments about them from fans of another club and then believe all the fans of that club have exactly the same opinion.

It's a like a spot the twat show with twats as contestants.

• Like 1

It makes me smile how every club has fans that see a few derogatory posts/comments about them from fans of another club and then believe all the fans of that club have exactly the same opinion.

lol

I was talking specifically about the ones in that thread, I'm aware not every Sheff Wed fan has that opinion.

TartanOwl and EcclesallOwl are two great posters on here for example.