Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Crazy how Hull have such a high FTS percentage but are still doing well in the prem! 

They don't concede many goals, though. I think they've conceded less than Liverpool and Chelsea.

Not conceding is as important as scoring as I've mentioned many, many times and it has been proved by Hull, and more recently, Palace.

I see the Burnley chaiman had a dig at us in the paper today - "at least we're not like Leicester and QPR who spend £50 million on wages"

Which paper? And why are they so determined to keep having digs at us. It's so annoying

I see the Burnley chaiman had a dig at us in the paper today - "at least we're not like Leicester and QPR who spend £50 million on wages"

Why wont he leave us alone? Why is he so bothered how much we are paying? We're not Burnley FC. They need to get over their small club syndrome.

At least we're not like Burnley, in second place :pearson:

• Like 4

Not conceding is as important as scoring as I've mentioned many, many times and it has been proved by Hull, and more recently, Palace.

Yeah that's kind of the point of the game... ;)

I think I am one of few who have never liked Burnley and am quite irritated that they have been promoted...

nah they've pissed me off all year too. but when most the season it looked like a choice between them, qpr, derby or maybe forest for a few weeks then i've begrudgingly accepted we're going to have to listen to that dick head dyche crying about nothing for another year at least 

Not sure if this is the right/best thread to post this, but here goes.

The Guardian do a daily football email called The Fiver - because it comes out at about 5 o'clock each day. It's actually very good, and often quite funny, although they do tend to concentrate a bit too much on the Prem for my liking. Among other features is a readers' letters section, of which more anon.

Anyway, when City got promoted at the beginning of April, there was absolutely no mention in The Fiver, yet last Tuesday they had a story about Burnley and the Ginger Mourinho: if you are interested, you can see it here (towards the bottom, under "Bits and Bobs"). The main story that day was about Moyes and Man U.

Later on that evening, after City beat Bolton to become Champions, I wrote a letter to the editor saying "Nice of you, on the day when The Most Important Football News Ever was announced, to mention Burnley getting promoted to the land of milk and honey. But might you also mention the fact that Leicester City got promoted as Champions tonight: given that you seem to have forgotten to mention the fact that we were promoted two weeks ago."

Soooo, when Wednesday's Fiver came out, I read through it to see if my letter had been published (there were no letters printed because of a "glitch") or, indeed, if there was any other mention of our record-breaking achievement and our dog-fighting manager. But again, no: there was absolutely nothing at all about City - not a sentence. Instead there was even more gobsh1te about Man U - lots more of it in fact.

Now, I'm a fairly mild-mannered person most of the time, but this really got up my nose, so I rattled off another letter to the editor expressing my irritation in quite pungent terms, as follows:

Dear god almighty

No, I don’t think you are: I think you are a d!ckhead. Today’s Fiver had a lead story about Moyes and Man United – to follow up yesterday’s ditto – followed by a quote of the day about Man United by one of their has-been players, followed by three still-want-more links about the same bunch of under-achieving nobodies. Oh, and no Fiver letters – presumably because it was inundated with readers asking why there had been so little coverage of Manchester Effin United.

Leicester City became Champions of the Championship last night. No, I know it doesn’t matter to you, because Manchester United were not playing. Just thought you might like to know.

No, I don’t expect this rant to win letter of the day. But I feel better about writing it.

Now, please, shut the fvck up about Manchester United: they are a second rate team, owned by a bunch of greedy barstewards.

Yours

And, fair play to them, they printed it almost word for word in yesterday's edition. Fame at last eh?

Fair play to them. Can't believe bar steward is a bad word though. I used to be one.