Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Who cares how much or how little we've spent? It's fair to say we've done ok (ish) this season with a relatively small squad. We probably haven't spent as much as some clubs and probably have spent more than others. Transfer fees don't take into account players wages either. So to argue we've only spent 50p on transfers this season doesn't really mean much if all our players are on 50 million quid a year. Probably fair to say we've spent less this season than we did under Sven but, for me, the only thing that matters isn't what other commentators say about us or our transfer policy, but getting promoted. Everything else is just background noise

absolutely bizarre comment BTL on the guardian

As a Bournemouth ticket holder, I'd say the best teams that have visited Dean Court so far this season have been Leicester and Derby. Can't say any others have looked particularly brilliant. Most who are in and around the play-offs will seriously struggle if they go up. Even Leicester will be coming straight back down, as they scored a debatable 'was-it-over-the-line?' goal through veteran Kevin Phillips.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2014/mar/29/football-league-championship#start-of-comments

It really is staggering how little they know about finances and still banging on about us being "big spenders", when in fact, most debts that we had, have been written off thanks to the owners' generosity.

Even more staggering that they're arguing from a corner when they've recorded heavy losses as well, plus owning a rather expensive squad, too.

The idea you can properly compete in the championship, let alone the premier league on a shoe string is laughable. I bet if a deluded billionaire took over burnley by some fluke,  im sure all these bitter fans would be out side turfmoor demonstrating against it.  yeah right.

:yawn:

Getting bored of Burnley.

I'd actually agree to 'big spending Leicester' if Nige actually spent cash. Think they're getting confused between Nige and Sven again. And the comments about Nige smiling are funny, as though Dyche has a great personality when in front of the cameras. 

The longer the season has gone on the more I've become fed up with Sean Dyche and a lot of the Burnley fans.

I wouldn't mind Derby coming up instead of them.

Same here, wanting Derby to nick 2nd spot.