Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I'm pretty sure the Mexican wave was part of our demise. Don't ever bring it back you fools.

I agree. Well maybe not the demise bit, but I certainly don't like it.

Nothing wrong with a comedy Mexican wave on occasions such as being four or five up or down. Ie, when the tension has been utterly smashed from a game.

It's always struck me as a bit ironic and somewhat piss taking really.

Doing it as a means to actually try and create an atmosphere is a bit dumb mind.

• Like 1

The miserable cuntery on here reaches new heights.

I think the switched off, the game is won "we don't care any more" mentality can transfer to the players. Now, when you are thrashing a team that's all well and good, but I've seen it done when winning 1-0 and I don't think it's beneficial to be doing it.

This. Its hideous and everything wrong with modern football and its fans.

Hardly. It's a party atmosphere thing. It's done for a laugh and is an attempt to get the whole ground involved.

It's better than the Poznan.

The miserable cuntery on here reaches new heights

Yep.

So lets recap.

No wave.

No poznan.

Don't dare abuse our own fans or players.

Don't copy any songs that other clubs may have used in the past.

Leaving us with wys. Only we can't do that unless we get someone in to pace make for us.

Anything else I missed?

Oh yep don't go to a game if it snows.

Sheffield Wednesday were a bigger team than us, I definitely wouldn't think that now.

Case in point:

http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html

Average attendance of 21,103 in a 40,000 seater stadium. That's a pretty poor show. I know however they have a good away following but can't find the stats. But yeah, those who claim they are massive are forgetting it's not the 1930's anymore

Wow, Middlesbrough support is dog shit.

No wonder they are bending over backwards for the Red Faction. 

Yep.

So lets recap.

No wave.

No poznan.

Leaving us with wys. Only we can't do that unless we get someone in to pace make for us.

Anything else I missed?

Dont forget you're not allowed to purchase refreshments or food at the ground during the match.

Yep.

So lets recap.

No wave.

No poznan.

Anything else I missed?

Don't forget if you leave a game early, regardless of where you've got to be either on the day or in the morning, you're not a real fan.

• Like 1

Yep.

So lets recap.

No wave.

No poznan.

Anything else I missed?

The basis of some solid ground rules here.

Need to have something about plastic fans too I feel.

Don't forget if you leave a game early, regardless of where you've got to be either on the day or in the morning, you're not a real fan.

In the interests of balance, should we go either 4-0 up or 4-0 down, walk out when the fourth goal is scored as the game is done whatever.

Don't be fickle.

• Like 1

In the interests of balance, should we go either 4-0 up or 4-0 down, walk out when the fourth goal is scored as the game is done whatever.

Don't be fickle.

Great idea, none of this tinpot cringey Poznan, Mexican wave rubbish, just deserting the stadium could be our unique celebration/protest

It makes me smile how every club has fans that see a few derogatory posts/comments about them from fans of another club and then believe all the fans of that club have exactly the same opinion.

It's a like a spot the twat show with twats as contestants.

I was just thinking the very same thing.