Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

There seems to have been a bit of mutual respect between Man City fans and us since the FA Cup game a couple if years back.

I know a lot of Man City fans like leicester as an away game. There's a working men's club in Aylestone that is run by a Man city fan and they always pile in there when playing us.

If we win our next two it's very, very unlikely that they will catch us. We're 7 points clear with 7 to go, so 6 more points would mean they have to get 13 from 7, maybe more, to catch us, and 13 points from 7 games is pretty much in line with their season points per game average so far.

Of course it could happen. If we fail to beat Wednesday and/or Brighton, and they beat Watford (which is no formality) a lot of people will be tempted to back Burnley.

But for me 10 points will most likely get us the title.

Love how they are all preachy about wages and debt... one look at their accounts and their wages are £15m and they lost £7m last year.

Fair play to yourself too for putting them straight. The most recent post on there (at time of writing - #54) pretty much disproves the claim he's trying to make - that 'of course you're winning with your wage bill' sentiment a few of them like to bandy about. If that's the case, why are the teams he listed with higher wage budgets than ours so far behind us?  It's sad that some of them can't enjoy the positive things going on at their club without becoming bitter at the one single team doing better than them - at the end of the day they're going straight up, why do they feel the need to invent reasons why their promotion is much better than ours and it's only because they're so unfairly done by that we're top?

Edited by Carl the Llama

If we win our next two it's very, very unlikely that they will catch us. We're 7 points clear with 7 to go, so 6 more points would mean they have to get 13 from 7, maybe more, to catch us, and 13 points from 7 games is pretty much in line with their season points per game average so far.

Of course it could happen. If we fail to beat Wednesday and/or Brighton, and they beat Watford (which is no formality) a lot of people will be tempted to back Burnley.

But for me 10 points will most likely get us the title.

The less games to go the more chance of an outlier.

i.e. it's easier to get max from 3 than it is from 7 etc...

I don't get why people speak of us having already won the league. It's only 7pts and although we keep grinding points out we've not been that convincing recently. Little scare against Blackpool, scare against Yeovil, What makes me confident is their injuries. If it wasn't for that I don't think the gap would be anymore than 7pts at the end of the season.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/neil-warnock-nigel-pearson-should-enjoy-now-the-fabulous-feeling-of-getting-leicester-promoted-to-the-premier-league-because-his-summer-will-be-all-hard-work-and-stress-9239888.html

Neil Warnock: Nigel Pearson should enjoy now the fabulous feeling of getting Leicester promoted to the Premier League... because his summer will be all hard work and stress

He's had hard work and stress getting us into this position. Getting rid of the rubbish the previous manager brought, along with their wages, and building a tight squad. Fantastic job.

He won't go crazy like Warnock though. He signed 12 or 13 (maybe 14?) players when QPR were promoted. Stupid.

• Like 1

I think that's a pretty good write up from Warnock to be fair.  

He gives genuine and informed opinions about our players rather than the usual tripe we hear.

And he did better than Harry and kept QPR up.

• Like 2

"I know he spent money before last season"[/size]

Did he?

Yes. One of the reasons many fans were so pissed off last season. Whilst we haven't spunked away the cash others seem to believe there is this notion among some City fans that Nige has done this on a shoe-string. He hasn't.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/neil-warnock-nigel-pearson-should-enjoy-now-the-fabulous-feeling-of-getting-leicester-promoted-to-the-premier-league-because-his-summer-will-be-all-hard-work-and-stress-9239888.html

Neil Warnock: Nigel Pearson should enjoy now the fabulous feeling of getting Leicester promoted to the Premier League... because his summer will be all hard work and stress

It's a decent article. Funny how that underneath there's a reply to a ridiculous statement by someone related to Forest. 

Yes. One of the reasons many fans were so pissed off last season. Whilst we haven't spunked away the cash others seem to believe there is this notion among some City fans that Nige has done this on a shoe-string. He hasn't.

1.5 Mil on Knockaert.

500k on James.

500k on De laet.

500k on Drinkwater?

Konchesky, Free.

1 Million on Wood.

1 Million on Morgan.

Am I missing some?

That's 5 million, compare that to us the season before where we spent that much on one player being Matt Mills says it all.

1.5 Mil on Knockaert.

500k on James.

500k on De laet.

500k on Drinkwater?

Konchesky, Free.

1 Million on Wood.

1 Million on Morgan.

Am I missing some?

That's 5 million, compare that to us the season before where we spent that much on one player being Matt Mills says it all.

Drinky, De Laet and James were reported to be around £1m each at the time and Wood £2m. Knockaert has been reported to have cost anything between £1m and £2.4m.

Pearson has spent plenty but has spent it well. Fair play to him for doing a great job. I was one of those calling for his head this time last year and I'll be on record as saying I didn't think he was capable of winning promotion from this league. I've been proven badly wrong and I'm delighted that's the case. But let's not dress it up as something it isn't.

Edited by LJS

Drinky, De Laet and James were reported to be around £1m each at the time and Wood £2m. Knockaert has been reported to have cost anything between £1m and £2.4m.

Pearson has spent plenty but has spent it well. Fair play to him for doing a great job. I was one of those calling for his head this time last year and I'll be on record as saying I didn't think he was capable of winning promotion from this league. I've been proven badly wrong and I'm delighted that's the case. But let's not dress it up as something it isn't.

James and De laet were signed for a combined fee of 1m weren't they?

Wood was around a mil aswell.

Lets face it, he's spent so little and got the best out of them, great times for the club.

• Like 1

James and De laet were signed for a combined fee of 1m weren't they?

Wood was around a mil aswell.

Lets face it, he's spent so little and got the best out of them, great times for the club.

I've googled the Mercury reports (yeah, I know) and they have Drinky, James and De Laet at £1m each and Wood at £2m.