Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Sheffield Wednesday were a bigger team than us, I definitely wouldn't think that now.

Case in point:

http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html

Average attendance of 21,103 in a 40,000 seater stadium. That's a pretty poor show. I know however they have a good away following but can't find the stats. But yeah, those who claim they are massive are forgetting it's not the 1930's anymore

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

I was talking specifically about the ones in that thread, I'm aware not every Sheff Wed fan has that opinion.

TartanOwl and EcclesallOwl are two great posters on here for example.

It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular and there's nothing wrong in commenting or even saying something derogatory about another club as long as people don't assume that all fans of a club have identical twattish thoughts.

Wednesday one of the biggest clubs in the league lol ... And last time they were a top flight club was what year? 2000? Their support is decent but they've won nothing for years.

Man City fans are really growing on me. They've got a lot of very sound ones.

Meet a lot of City fans, the ones that attend games know their stuff. Same applies to United fans. In fact, in my uni lecture there's a City STH and a UTD STH.

Sheffield Wednesday were a bigger team than us, I definitely wouldn't think that now.

Case in point:

http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html

Average attendance of 21,103 in a 40,000 seater stadium. That's a pretty poor show. I know however they have a good away following but can't find the stats. But yeah, those who claim they are massive are forgetting it's not the 1930's anymore

Good to see Brighton averaging 122% capacity in their 22k seater stadium...

see you guys post a lot!, well please don't forget post #1782 in coming days, even if game is Monday of next week. Respect from us, you'll have the biggest, and hopefully best,  write-up you'll have seen from away supporters all season... :)

Hi guys, it's daib0 here of the Inter-Forum League Positions Game. Some of you won't realize that I'm a Royals fan, and of course we've a match pending very soon! Can't be any other way - first of all congratulations on an already marvellous season, well worth it in my books and the table doesn't lie as they say. I woudn't even be too sad if you snatched 'our' points record - records are only there to be broken!

On my home forum - Royals Rendezvous - we're going to organize a bumper match presentation & thread - and I'm already preparing it. 

I wondered if you'd give a minute of help with:  Supporter Base and Supporter Representation 

I mean; could you give me an idea whether the main support is from the city of Leicester itself, or from neighbouring areas close by, or from all over Leicestershire and beyond? All the historical stuff, notes on the manager, and the city itself are easy enough to find, but I'd prefer to use your own thoughts for the fan base. I'll credit the name + forum of any helpful poster!

Ah, and by the way, of course "Foxes Talk" will be published as the unreserved forum site recommendation for both our members and the hundreds of guests to find "all things Leicester".

Here's to a great game, however it goes. No whinging or gloating from me, I'm always a man 'in peace'

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  

I'd take a guess that the majority are now from outside the city limits due to shifts in the makeup of the city inhabitants.

• Like 1

see you guys post a lot!, well please don't forget post #1782 in coming days, even if game is Monday of next week. Respect from us, you'll have the biggest, and hopefully best,  write-up you'll have seen from away supporters all season... :)

You can only fail from hereon. :D

But looking forward to you elaborate response.

Oh dear I quite like Wednesday as well, and they do have a point about the lights thing being a bit embarrassing. 'Derby, forest, them and leeds are the biggest clubs in the league? I'll make sure I cry about that when we're in the top flight next year and those 4 are scrapping it out in the championship again.

Forest, Wednesday and Leeds have a combined 39 seasons of top flight absence, with Leeds and Wednesday certain to add another.

Surely, with the size of these clubs, someone would've ended their exile by now?

Edited by Corky

Regarding the Wednesday forum I like the fact they mention how silly it is that we do the poznan....(I really really dislike it)

Don't particularly want to open this can of worms again but if everyone does it a la Man City, it looks alright. When we do it it's sparse little groups dotted about and every other person is f***ing filming the person in front's back… looks ridiculous. No wonder people think we're small time when we do it. At least a Mexican Wave is self-regulating - if not enough people take part, it dies out in seconds.

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Regarding the Wednesday forum I like the fact they mention how silly it is that we do the poznan....(I really really dislike it)

Agreed.

I hate the fact we call it the Poznan.

I hate the fact we use it as a goal celebration.

I hate the fact we stole it from another team as a joke and still carry it on.

But, it does look quality with the whole of L/K Bouncing together.

Do people still do mexican waves? As a kid it was my favourite activity.

Apparently not.

Sk1 tried to get it started on Tuesday. 

All you need to know about Wednesday fans is that a hundred or so thought they were nails by "rushing" a few yards towards the netting to give it the big ones after scoring.

Literally the funniest thing I've seen in ages. Wellard lads.

All you need to know about Wednesday fans is that a hundred or so thought they were nails by "rushing" a few yards towards the netting to give it the big ones after scoring.

Literally the funniest thing I've seen in ages. Wellard lads.

bet that was well scary