Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Forest fans think Mull of Kintyre is original?

Thickos, Paul McCartney did it first. .

They took a sad song and made it better :)

• Like 2

They sing it because Billy Davies is a Scot,now he has been sacked I wonder if they still play it.

So no real history then just the fact he was a Scot.

Unless they belt it out on the PA though they don't sing it.

Fairly sure they still played it when Schteve was in charge although I could be wrong.

Edited by promised land

They sing it because Billy Davies is a Scot,now he has been sacked I wonder if they still play it.

So no real history then just the fact he was a Scot.

Unless they belt it out on the PA though they don't sing it.

Fairly sure they still played it when Schteve was in charge although I could be wrong.

They played it long before Billy Davies was manager... 70s/80s time.

We've been singing it since I started going, back in the late 70s. It fell from fashion though through the 80s and 90s and in a masterstroke of PR  during our must win to sneak into the promotion spots game against Yeovil in League 1 the PA bloke started playing it and it took off again.

There's words for the verses too but they don't really make sense now numerous ground have been demolished and we've sod all chance of visiting their replacements anytime soon....also, nobody under the age of 40 knows what they are.

• Like 1