Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

They really think we heard them sing "we're top of the league" to the tune of Sloop John B and thought, "That's good. We're having that!"? Hardly the most genius song ever thought up. Way too many songs use that tune, and singing that you're top of the league when you are is irresistible. I can't believe anyone could try to claim that as their own!

I knocked one person down, an idiot who had no idea what he was talking about and trotting out the usual shite. The others I thanked.

So how exactly does that make me an idiot?

Sorry Babs I like your posts on here, you're not an idiot and I respect your opinion :).

- that being said, I still stand by the fact giving the circumstances it was unnecessary to post on a rival teams' board, who are praising us, telling us how good we've been all season, and then rubbishing the only remotely disparaging remark, which really isn't said with any venom, and then creating a sense of animosity. 

People don't know the ins and outs of other people's clubs, generally, and even though in the past year or so we've certainly not waved our capital power around as much, people will remember the season we spent £15mish building a super squad. And you can't deny the fact, even with Pearson's current squad, our spending to fund it has been above and beyond what an averagely funded Championship team, including Burnley, could afford to assemble.

Most of us know our current gems of the team - DD, James, Knockaert, Mahrez et al. cost only a fraction of what people might envisage we paid for them, but the fact remains that they were signed for fairly hefty sums for the majority of second tier football. As much as you could argue it is unjust for people to have a dig at us about our expenditure, I can certainly see where people are coming from; especially, as I mentioned, because the average Championship fan knows little or nothing about other club's financial doings.

Anyway, you're pretty spot on most of the time on this board. And we're up  :)

People don't know the ins and outs of other people's clubs, generally, and even though in the past year or so we've certainly not waved our capital power around as much, people will remember the season we spent £15mish building a super squad. And you can't deny the fact, even with Pearson's current squad, our spending to fund it has been above and beyond what an averagely funded Championship team, including Burnley, could afford to assemble.

If people don't know the ins and outs of other people's clubs, they shouldn't comment on them.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=295302&sid=ac999351d272bb427725ce17942c3678&start=50   Re: Leicester in the Premiership

icon_post_target.pngby jimharri Â» Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:59 pm

Well done to the foxes on gaining promotion today. 

That's one of the three relegation spots sorted for next season!

;-)

Yeah, they'd be fighting for one of them if they weren't bankrolled. 

Ugh, I hate Liverpool fans.

The only premiership fans I'd be interested in hearing from are proper Yanited fans. Not the glory supporters from Kent but the local boys that take an interest in all levels of the club and follows the U21s.

If Peter Shilton's son and a bunch of our ex youth players were romping up League One I'd definitely be interested and a little pleased / proud.

• Like 2

Ugh, I hate Liverpool fans.

The only premiership fans I'd be interested in hearing from are proper Yanited fans. Not the glory supporters from Kent but the local boys that take an interest in all levels of the club and follows the U21s.

If Peter Shilton's son and a bunch of our ex youth players were romping up League One I'd definitely be interested and a little pleased / proud.

I can't stand them either.

Can't find anything on Man U's forum

The Geordies.

http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=52046.675

xx.gif
Re: Other teams games
« Reply #686 on: Yesterday at 11:11:38 PM »

Congratulations then to Leicester City.

ip.gif Logged
Take that Green Yamo! You fat b@stard...
useroff.gif veriaqa
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
xx.gif
Re: Other teams games
« Reply #687 on: Yesterday at 11:21:07 PM »

Yeah, congrats to Leicester. Back in the Premier League at last.

Unfair of Bristol City fans to say we don't have any unique chants. But we never seem to fvcking sing them so you can't really blame them for having that opinion. If everyone joined in with WYS, Bring on the Sunderland and Arsenal etc as much as they do with flippin' We Love You they wouldn't think that way.

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/11132-leicester-city/

hey were a proper bogey team for us in the 90s, could never beat them and they also beat us in the carling cup semi in 2000.

Still time has passed and we did beat them twice the last time they were in the prem so the hoodoo is long gone.

Good to have them back, hopefully derby will join them so two local trips.

It's difficult to say how they'll do. The trend in the last few years has been for the winners of the championship to actually do the worst of the promoted clubs (Cardiff, QPR, Reading) but they do have some interesting players, Konckaert is an exciting flair player so interested to see if he does better than Taarabt in the prem.

Guest ttfn

While I do congratulate them on their success I do fear for them a little.

Speaking to a Leicester fan a week or so before the cup game I was informed we were in for a tough tie. They were playing some great stuff and had a squad capable of doing ok in the prem and with maybe a couple of additions they would easily stay up.

Well, we all remember the game.Stoke on a relatively poor run of form, struggling to get any rhythm under a new system easily swept aside a full strength Leicester team high in confidence and we barely got out of second gear.

I wish them well but they do need plenty of fresh faces to give them some hope.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/228958/leicester#ixzz2y6chtUXo

:blink: