Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

10 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Sounds about right Ricky kept getting the Nicaraguan and venuzlean fighters mixed up as well which was adding to the overall feel of ameteurishness of the broadcast 😂

Still hopefully in a post covid world they will fly a British analyst out for those type of fights Paul Smith and Andy Lee both sometimes commentate on Canadian Dazn and are both very good and very professional. 

They should have added Clinton Morrison to the mix to give it the expertise level.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Gervonta on an entire different planet, surely that fight should be nowhere near happening? 

They are talking about it.

Garcia Lopez Haney and Davis are being talked up as some golden quartet that are going to be fighting each other for years to come.

No doubting Garcias offensive capabilities but he’s going to get clipped.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

The scoring in the Zelfa Barrett v Kiko Martinez fight was a joke lol 

Sometimes you wonder by boxers bother when you get ridiculous scoring like that.

Embarrassing, BBBoC are becoming more and more of a joke.

14 hours ago, martyn said:

Warrington badly knocked out.

Should have been stopped in the 4th.

Yeah he’s taken one in the fourth that’s scrambled him completely, again poor officiating, which has lead to him taking a career damagingly bad knock out.

Mind you his corner must of known he was all over the place as well and let it carry on.

42 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Jesus.  

Minus Joshua and Fury, British boxing at world level is in an absolutely dire state! lol

Nah, Josh Taylor’s the man to beat a super lightweight and BJS still has his belt for now.

Its a far cry from where it was 4 or 5 years ago though yes.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

On 22/02/2021 at 13:21, RonnieTodger said:

Caught up on the Matchroom show from Saturday. Some good fights. 

Looks like the corners made the right decisions, especially after the Warrington backlash.

Yep, miserable night for Edward though. Oscar Valdez with the KO of the year so far later on in the states as well against Miguel Berchelt.

On 27/02/2021 at 09:58, Izzy said:

Anyone seen the new Bruno/Tyson documentary on Sky yet? Looking forward to watching it later. 

I’ve just started watching it this morning. 

Safe to say, Bruno fought Tyson at his peak.

That Tyson would destroy most, if not all boxers, past and present. 

Like the documentary alludes to, it’s like a whirlwind and just pure chaos. I’m not sure how you can stay focussed and in a stable mental state whilst that is happening. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

Fury v Joshua contract signed, a big step towards the fight,  the biggest ever fight between two U.K.  boxers in history , possibly one the the biggest in the the world of boxing! Comonnnnn FURY 

I read something by Fury last week saying he'd never fight in Britain again as his home is now Vegas. Assume that means no Wembley then and one of the big Vegas hotels instead? 

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

I read something by Fury last week saying he'd never fight in Britain again as his home is now Vegas. Assume that means no Wembley then and one of the big Vegas hotels instead? 

I saw Saudi Arabia earlier on. 

Either way, it isn’t London. 

Are AJ / Fury massive draws in the US? Seems so long since I’ve left the house, never mind the country. 

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Fury says a lot of things and from memory that was a long time ago. Pretty sure he’s u turned on that.

Zero chance it happens in the states because Joshua won’t take it in the states imo. 

Will put a good amount of money down on Fury if it’s in Vegas.

I imagine fight one Saudi, fight two here. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Fury says a lot of things and from memory that was a long time ago. Pretty sure he’s u turned on that.

Zero chance it happens in the states because Joshua won’t take it in the states imo. 

Will put a good amount of money down on Fury if it’s in Vegas.

I imagine fight one Saudi, fight two here. 

He said it on BT Sport last week apparently. Not that I believe much that comes out of his mouth tbh...

‘I won’t ever box here again’: Tyson Fury rules out future fights in UK as Anthony Joshua talks continue

Tyson Fury has revealed he will not fight in the UK again and intends to see out his career in Las Vegas with talks ongoing to face Anthony Joshua in a fight that will decide the undisputed world heavyweight champion.

“Like I said, there’s a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes. Wilder might be next.

“I won’t ever box here again. Finished. Superstar of world boxing is not going to box in a small hall show somewhere.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-anthony-joshua-fight-uk-b1815975.html