2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Clearly Gareth and Ricky were having a few beer scrambling for their microphones every time to the alarm went off.

The thing that gets me about their bickering is they are both morons, it’s literally every fight as well, they’ve been getting ripped all night from the first undercard fight

Sounds about right Ricky kept getting the Nicaraguan and venuzlean fighters mixed up as well which was adding to the overall feel of ameteurishness of the broadcast 😂

Still hopefully in a post covid world they will fly a British analyst out for those type of fights Paul Smith and Andy Lee both sometimes commentate on Canadian Dazn and are both very good and very professional. 

8 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Sounds about right Ricky kept getting the Nicaraguan and venuzlean fighters mixed up as well which was adding to the overall feel of ameteurishness of the broadcast 😂

Still hopefully in a post covid world they will fly a British analyst out for those type of fights Paul Smith and Andy Lee both sometimes commentate on Canadian Dazn and are both very good and very professional. 

Paul Smith is a bit vanilla but he’s preferable to those idiots, I am a fan of Andy Lee, what they need is a good lead commentator though and they are desperately short in boxing.

Shame Costello stuck to his morales and remained on BBC Radio, and I know commentary is far more important on radio but imagine the difference having him on tv would have made.

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Paul Smith is a bit vanilla but he’s preferable to those idiots, I am a fan of Andy Lee, what they need is a good lead commentator though and they are desperately short in boxing.

Shame Costello stuck to his morales and remained on BBC Radio, and I know commentary is far more important on radio but imagine the difference having him on tv would have made.

Agree costello is unbelievable, I used to love Ian darke too not sure what happened to him. Adam Smith seems like a nice bloke but he shouldn't be commentating on the major fights he's shite! 

13 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Agree costello is unbelievable, I used to love Ian darke too not sure what happened to him. Adam Smith seems like a nice bloke but he shouldn't be commentating on the major fights he's shite! 

Darke is lead commentator for football on BT bit of a madness they don’t use him.

Smith is Smith, Hes from the fighting  city of <insert city> and there is the respect 

10 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

They should have added Clinton Morrison to the mix to give it the expertise level.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Gervonta on an entire different planet, surely that fight should be nowhere near happening? 

They are talking about it.

Garcia Lopez Haney and Davis are being talked up as some golden quartet that are going to be fighting each other for years to come.

No doubting Garcias offensive capabilities but he’s going to get clipped.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

The scoring in the Zelfa Barrett v Kiko Martinez fight was a joke lol 

Sometimes you wonder by boxers bother when you get ridiculous scoring like that.

Embarrassing, BBBoC are becoming more and more of a joke.

14 hours ago, martyn said:

Warrington badly knocked out.

Should have been stopped in the 4th.

Yeah he’s taken one in the fourth that’s scrambled him completely, again poor officiating, which has lead to him taking a career damagingly bad knock out.

Mind you his corner must of known he was all over the place as well and let it carry on.

42 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Jesus.  

Minus Joshua and Fury, British boxing at world level is in an absolutely dire state! lol

Nah, Josh Taylor’s the man to beat a super lightweight and BJS still has his belt for now.

Its a far cry from where it was 4 or 5 years ago though yes.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
1 hour ago, BlueSi13 said:

Jesus.  

Minus Joshua and Fury, British boxing at world level is in an absolutely dire state! lol

To be fair he wasn't much of a fighter, tended to give up and be more of a pacifist then a fighter.  Great motivator though.

• Like 1
On 22/02/2021 at 13:21, RonnieTodger said:

Caught up on the Matchroom show from Saturday. Some good fights. 

Looks like the corners made the right decisions, especially after the Warrington backlash.

Yep, miserable night for Edward though. Oscar Valdez with the KO of the year so far later on in the states as well against Miguel Berchelt.

On 27/02/2021 at 09:58, Izzy said:

Anyone seen the new Bruno/Tyson documentary on Sky yet? Looking forward to watching it later. 

I’ve just started watching it this morning. 

Safe to say, Bruno fought Tyson at his peak.

That Tyson would destroy most, if not all boxers, past and present. 

Like the documentary alludes to, it’s like a whirlwind and just pure chaos. I’m not sure how you can stay focussed and in a stable mental state whilst that is happening. 

• Like 2