Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

6 hours ago, Tinman said:

Thoughts MP?

Still massively favour Canelo.

Jon Ryder is an absolute world away from Saul talent wise and roughly the same size and he gave Smith a torrid time, and beat him imo. The shoes on the other foot in terms of the judges tonight and despite Callum’s size at the weight he’s never been one for a pure outside fight. Like I said a few weeks ago, it’s levels, and he’ll get shown them tonight. This prime version of Canelo is P4P king at the moment in most people’s eyes.

That said I wrote of Smith against groves and he turned in a career best performance and I haven’t called many wrong in this thread but maybe he’s the man that’s going to continually shove shit in my face....I’d love nothing more than to be wrong tbh it’d be an amazing night for British boxing if he does it. He has to be extremely clever, use every size advantage he has, and hope Canelo has an off night due to the late arrangement of the fight.... but it’s a massive task.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

On 15/12/2020 at 16:53, The Horse's Mouth said:

I dont get this obsession with the belts, they mean **** all really, nobody is going into this fight arsed about fury holding them all its about 2 superstars coming to blows

Like Football has Cups & trophies...To carry the  Belt or belts DOES mean something....

You go into the fing & Tell them...otherwise..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

35 minutes ago, James. said:

May have misread but wasn't he also retrospectively cleared when they changed the thresholds or something?

From what I understand he was cleared of doing it intentionally and the amounts found in his samples matched his story,  but still had to serve a six month ban as you are responsible for what goes into your body,

Theres a similar story involving Enzo Mc where he took a supplement that incorrectly listed their ingredients but he still got six months despite proving it was their fck up.

On 22/12/2020 at 19:36, Sly said:

If personally like to see another Canelo Mayweather fight. Doubt Floyd would risk his legacy though. 

Not whilst he is getting a kings ransom to fight people off the street. If that gravy train ended it might happen, Mayweather loves money.

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

Not whilst he is getting a kings ransom to fight people off the street. If that gravy train ended it might happen, Mayweather loves money.

Probably one of the greatest boxers of all time but I’d hate to have his mindset. He’s already got enough money to set himself and the next five generations of his family up with whatever they want for life but still feels the need to lower himself to be being dragged around the world taking insults and public humiliation by more witty people (and I include Logan Paul in that amazingly) all in the name of staying relevant and  earning a few quid.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/25/16189222/conor-mcgregor-quotes-mayweather-fight

Obviously some of his statements are laughable especially regarding proper boxing fans who collectively made a brutal killing at the book makers due to uneducated people backing McGregor, I’ve public ally stated what a layed down on that fight, went to sleep at 11pm that night with no intention and slept like a baby. But McGregor had everything to gain in that fight and the build up, Floyd basically sold his self respect away for cash he he doesn’t need, and here he is doing it again. 

Anyway Merry Xmas to all the FT boxing fans, hopefully we can keep the chat up going into next year as it looks like an absolute cracker.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Just a note to those interested in the Luke Campbell vs Instagram fight tonight while it’s in the states it starts at 8pm and the main events around 11

also DAZN is still only a couple of quid a month

£2 for Canelo v Smith and Garcia v Campbell, can’t knock it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Just a note to those interested in the Luke Campbell vs Instagram fight tonight while it’s in the states it starts at 8pm and the main events around 11

also DAZN is still only a couple of quid a month

What do you think for this one?

Should be an interesting fight, I’d like to think with Campbell’s experience he see’s off Garcia but the hype is hard to ignore even if he really hasn’t fought anyone of note yet.