Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

38 minutes ago, Izzy said:

He said it on BT Sport last week apparently. Not that I believe much that comes out of his mouth tbh...

‘I won’t ever box here again’: Tyson Fury rules out future fights in UK as Anthony Joshua talks continue

Tyson Fury has revealed he will not fight in the UK again and intends to see out his career in Las Vegas with talks ongoing to face Anthony Joshua in a fight that will decide the undisputed world heavyweight champion.

“Like I said, there’s a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes. Wilder might be next.

“I won’t ever box here again. Finished. Superstar of world boxing is not going to box in a small hall show somewhere.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-anthony-joshua-fight-uk-b1815975.html

That BT interview definitely wasn’t last week he’s got a decent length beard at the minute. I think that is the one where he actually said it and it was around the time he fought Wallin. You can tell it’s not recent as there is no social distancing.

I watched the interview on IFL that the article references (that was last week)  and it was actually during a small hall card being televised on YouTube, think he’s beenpurposely misinterpreted in order to get internet traffic “I won’t fight here again” meaning a venue like this not the UK as a whole was how I took it but I was playing poker at the time at the same time so may have missed something.

Im sure if it was up to him he’d have it in Vegas but I don’t think AJ is going there in a month of Sunday’s.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

I’d take everything Fury says with a pinch of salt.

Hope Okolie does the business tonight, Britain has lost a few world titles lately.

Im not surprised but I think for a PPV card, the Whyte v Povetkin 2 card is crap.

Also Chisora v Parker being on PPV having both been beaten by Whyte lol

11th v 9th in the world according to boxrec. At least the undercard is pretty good for that one. It needed to be. 

19 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Okolie goes for a world title tonight.

Think that was probably his best fight I've saw. He seems to of improved no end. Every fight I've saw of him makes me uncomfortable to watch for some reason, he is so awkward and dangley. His front foot constantly steps on his opponents and he does love a cuddle. Glad he won. 

7 hours ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Think that was probably his best fight I've saw. He seems to of improved no end. Every fight I've saw of him makes me uncomfortable to watch for some reason, he is so awkward and dangley. His front foot constantly steps on his opponents and he does love a cuddle. Glad he won. 

His last few fights have been impressive performances although Jezewski had no business being in there with him. he’s never been in any danger either really although you are right though he has a history of ending up in clinches too easily.

He plants his foot well forward to utilise his reach advantage which he has far more often than not. It was exaggerated on Saturday as he was fighting a lefty so the lead feet are coming together.

• Like 1

I fancy Whyte to win tonight but no way I’m paying to watch it

In other news, I see that Oscar De La Hoya is making a July comeback aged 48.

Wish some of these legends would just retire gracefully instead of embarrassing themselves.

20 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Only won £25 but Hatton was 4/1 to win by decision on debut in a four rounder against a guy who’s only been KO’d once.

Your lucky Hatton is very bad, the guy he was fighting is an utter binman. The fighters who didn’t knock him out (of which there are only actually 6 as he fought three of them twice) have a handful of ko’s between them. He’s not durable in the slightest.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

21 hours ago, Izzy said:

I fancy Whyte to win tonight but no way I’m paying to watch it

In other news, I see that Oscar De La Hoya is making a July comeback aged 48.

Wish some of these legends would just retire gracefully instead of embarrassing themselves.

Had a chunk on Whyte stoppage.

40 years old, bad case of Covid, only won the last one because of one world class punch.

He needs to retire imo but wouldn’t surprise me if Edward wheels him out one last time.

18 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Never understood the point of the interim title. Either way, who ever loses will have no chance of a shot at a real title 

If they kept to the strict rules of what should be an interim title it’d simple, sadly as with most things boxing related the governing bodies make it up as they go along.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kingleicester said:

Fury looking in fantastic shape already, I really think this is going to be the best fury we will see, would love him to finish AJ early 

39ECE1AE-FB1D-4BF4-A06E-1895E7492857.webp 107.64 kB · 5 downloads

Anyone else have a quick peek at this geezers profile to make sure he wasn’t Gaelic fox after this post? 😂

Edited by Manwell Pablo

10 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Don’t worry about it, former committed poster in this thread who was very pro Tyson.

And had a history of setting up multiple accounts.

Bit of a knob head, pro ira sympathiser if I remember , but one thing he is right about is Tyson fury being the real deal,,by far the technically better boxer, but this is the heavyweight and anything can happen 

Edited by Kingleicester
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kingleicester said:

Bit of a knob head, pro ira sympathiser if I remember , but one thing he is right about is Tyson fury being the real deal,,by far the technically better boxer, but this is the heavyweight and anything can happen 

Maybe, I thought he was alright though 😂