Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
scinnell

Kermorgant gone

I'm actually a little disappointed. Yes he messed up that penalty, but he didn't miss it on purpose, he took it in a way that he thought he was most likely to score from. Just like someone who tries to bury it bottom corner but instead drags it wide.

What I'm saying is that it was a shit penalty, but that's all it was. The bloke has been treated like he threw the ****ing game.

I saw enough in him to believe he could have been a solid squad player, that finish against 'Boro was quality, for example.

I don't know whether its Just City fans, or football fans in general, but the ability of some of our fans to completely turn on a player is pretty depressing. Ricardo was unfairly treated by the fair majority of fans too.

I'm actually a little disappointed. Yes he messed up that penalty, but he didn't miss it on purpose, he took it in a way that he thought he was most likely to score from. Just like someone who tries to bury it bottom corner but instead drags it wide.

What I'm saying is that it was a shit penalty, but that's all it was. The bloke has been treated like he threw the ****ing game.

I saw enough in him to believe he could have been a solid squad player, that finish against 'Boro was quality, for example.

I don't know whether its Just City fans, or football fans in general, but the ability of some of our fans to completely turn on a player is pretty depressing. Ricardo was unfairly treated by the fair majority of fans too.

Have you been watching the same player as everyone else?

Forgetting that penalty, he was shit. He scored on goal aginst a Boro team in a meaningless game at the end of the season. He was dreadful, and looked over weight and heavy.

He showed a lack of respect for the club and the importance of the PO's by taking the penalty in the way he did. He deserved all the stick he got.

The only thing I agree with is that part. Otherwise, I feel the same way as peterborofox.

Forgetting that penalty, he was shit. He scored on goal aginst a Boro team in a meaningless game at the end of the season. He was dreadful, and looked over weight and heavy.

He showed a lack of respect for the club and the importance of the PO's by taking the penalty in the way he did. He deserved all the stick he got.

Ha, knew I'd rile some feathers with that post lol

I wasn't saying that he was capable of banging in 20 a season and setting the league alight. But I also wouldn't say he was much worse than some of the other players in the squad, one in particular that even though he's just been shipped out on loan, a large section of the fans seem to think he warranted a chance and a run in the team. Who also incidentally missed a penalty after Kermit did.

Sven & co will have seen him play more than me obviously, so if they think he wasn't good enough then I'm not going to cry about it, but from what I saw of him, he wasn't as shit as everyone made out.

Lets see how many more people get their knickers in a twist now...

Ha, knew I'd rile some feathers with that post lol

I wasn't saying that he was capable of banging in 20 a season and setting the league alight. But I also wouldn't say he was much worse than some of the other players in the squad, one in particular that even though he's just been shipped out on loan, a large section of the fans seem to think he warranted a chance and a run in the team. Who also incidentally missed a penalty after Kermit did.

Yes Waggy missed a pen too but he wasn't trying to be Maradona when he took it. It was the way he took it not the miss.

That aside you're right, no worse than a lot of other players, he just made a dick of himself in the biggest game of our very recent history.

that goal against boro was good though :giggle: ..i was directly behind the goal for that

it was a brilliant strike, one that we'd been waiting a whole season for him to deliver (a la Wellens, Abe)

I think he was made a scapegoat but he was never really going to get a look in under Eriksson, so it's best for all parties that he's gone.

I wouldn't say he was shit.

Admittedly things didn't really work out for him here but he certainly had some redeeming features. I think he's one of the best at heading that I've seen at LCFC, and he did show glimpses of quality (his goal vs Boro). But then equally he never really looked like he could be a consistent goalscorer. He was kind of caught in between being a striker and a midfielder for me.

I knew, and said, when he walked up to take that penalty at Cardiff, that he would miss. It seemed like it wasn't going to work out for him here and missing that penalty was going to be the final nail in his coffin. I never imagined the manner in which he would miss it however.

At the time I was furious with him for trying to be so audacious in such an important shoot-out but with hindsight can see the arguments that that's how he normally took them, at least he had the balls to take one etc. Had he still been in LCFC's plans I wouldn't have held it against him but I think many would. And I honestly believe that that, in no small part, would have been down to the Dave Henson song. That penalty, and the lyrics in the song, completely overclouded everything that had gone before and people were never going to forgive the guy or hold a balanced opinion of his merits.

It's best for both parties that he's gone though and, albeit for the wrong reasons, he'll always be a massive part of LCFC's history.

I wouldn't say he was shit.

Admittedly things didn't really work out for him here but he certainly had some redeeming features. I think he's one of the best at heading that I've seen at LCFC, and he did show glimpses of quality (his goal vs Boro). But then equally he never really looked like he could be a consistent goalscorer. He was kind of caught in between being a striker and a midfielder for me.

I knew, and said, when he walked up to take that penalty at Cardiff, that he would miss. It seemed like it wasn't going to work out for him here and missing that penalty was going to be the final nail in his coffin. I never imagined the manner in which he would miss it however.

At the time I was furious with him for trying to be so audacious in such an important shoot-out but with hindsight can see the arguments that that's how he normally took them, at least he had the balls to take one etc. Had he still been in LCFC's plans I wouldn't have held it against him but I think many would. And I honestly believe that that, in no small part, would have been down to the Dave Henson song. That penalty, and the lyrics in the song, completely overclouded everything that had gone before and people were never going to forgive the guy or hold a balanced opinion of his merits.

It's best for both parties that he's gone though and, albeit for the wrong reasons, he'll always be a massive part of LCFC's history.

:appl:

Archived