Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
escos

Roy Keane

I have a feeling that the owners need or want to appoint someone who will play well back in bangkok. A big name to show their financial backers that they are not thinking small time. What is less clear is why MON recommended him

Payback for giving him shit at the start of his reign!

I suggest that we bombard the city email addresses with emails expressing our feelings and directing them to evey forum thread on here not606 ja606 etc showing them how we feel. Address emails FAO Andrew Neville and Susan Whelan - i have also emailed them via linkedin to register my anger at the very mention of Roy Keane.

Anybody actually have the email addresses for the above two at LCFC?

I've got these two off the LCFC website and whilst they are not the right departments hopefully they'll get passed on:

[email protected]

[email protected]

over 11 pages about Keane becasue he odds' dropped? anyone else think that the bookies dont have a clue last week they had o'neill nailed on, lee carke and mark hughes are still front runners according to paddy power. So in my opinion i really dont think anyone outside of the club has a clue its just pure speculation. Who ever we get from what i have read the Thais are not going to please everyone, i just hope the fans get behind who ever is appointed.

have i missed something? has something been said about Keane?? or is this just because he odds have dropped??

no point protesting after he's been appointed. it's best to let your feelings know prior to the event so that they are considered as part of the selection process.

personally, he doesn't have any qualities as either a manager or a person that I want representing lcfc.

I suggest that we bombard the city email addresses with emails expressing our feelings and directing them to evey forum thread on here not606 ja606 etc showing them how we feel. Address emails FAO Andrew Neville and Susan Whelan - i have also emailed them via linkedin to register my anger at the very mention of Roy Keane.

Anybody actually have the email addresses for the above two at LCFC?

I've got these two off the LCFC website and whilst they are not the right departments hopefully they'll get passed on:

[email protected]

[email protected]

Get a ****ing life pal

Previously whenever we have changed the clubs' manager, I haven't bothered to comment on FT forum, but this time I have to do so.

I do not want Roy Keane at our football club. I don't like him as a person, I have never liked him even when he was a player. Yes he was a good midfielder but a right dirty bastard who didn't give a shit about his fellow professional players, whether he ended their careers or not, he's a bloody animal.

He had no respect for anyone, he was forever intimidating ref's, falling out with team-mates, & even disrespectful towards Sir Alex, a right selfish egotistical asshole! Otherwise he's OK!!!

He has no personality, cold as ice & a total contrast to Sven, who you couldn't help but like.

I know that managers are not in the job to be liked, but I would like to think that I could have some kind of connection with our manager, & I will never feel like that about Keane.

I just hope we don't finish up with this unfeeling, heartless twat!

I know it won't happen but I would bring Sven back tomorrow!

None of the mentioned names excite me at all, but imo, the best of a bloody bad bunch is Mark Hughes.

Previously whenever we have changed the clubs' manager, I haven't bothered to comment on FT forum, but this time I have to do so.

I do not want Roy Keane at our football club. I don't like him as a person, I have never liked him even when he was a player. Yes he was a good midfielder but a right dirty bastard who didn't give a shit about his fellow professional players, whether he ended their careers or not, he's a bloody animal.

He had no respect for anyone, he was forever intimidating ref's, falling out with team-mates, & even disrespectful towards Sir Alex, a right selfish egotistical asshole! Otherwise he's OK!!!

He has no personality, cold as ice & a total contrast to Sven, who you couldn't help but like.

I know that managers are not in the job to be liked, but I would like to think that I could have some kind of connection with our manager, & I will never feel like that about Keane.

I just hope we don't finish up with this unfeeling, heartless twat!

I know it won't happen but I would bring Sven back tomorrow!

None of the mentioned names excite me at all, but imo, the best of a bloody bad bunch is Mark Hughes.

Good post!

also the fact keanes odds have shortened means nothing whatsoever. I work in a bookies and i would say half of it is cuz someone put a bit of money on it and half of it is to lure people in to putting money on him as it makes people think something is going to happen. The bookies dont have a clue who wil be the new manager.

I'm slightly amused by the fact that you only have to shout "Roy Keane" on a Leicester forum to find out all hell's broken loose.

Granted, he's a *ahem" difficult character to grasp (then again, he's Irish ph34r.gif). But what if... he can actually do the trick and motivate the team, spur it on to greatness?

He's all hands-on (maybe partially feet-on as well, I guess), which would help in terms of team-building and getting players' motivation into gear.

Looking back at it, Sven's reign wasn't all that bad, was it?

Agree with most of this. I like most others see this is a truely awful appointment.

I wanted Hughes who I felt was the most "gettable". If they wanted to go down the Championship experience route Jones, Davies, O'Driscoll all would have been uninspiring but ticked the box with McDermott at Reading and Pearson also possibilities. Instead it looks like Keane who was a complete failure at Ipswich and spent a lot of money.

I think now that the novelty of having the Keane who modern day players hero worshipped as a child has now worn off and think many will be put off by his now established reputation as an awful manager.

If as reported this does happen, I hope he has a bloody good assistant who can play the good cop/ brain.

Archived