Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
escos

Roy Keane

Agree that Keane would be a poor appointment but boycotting the club is stupid. If you really love Leicester, you'll keep going no matter who manages/plays for the club.

It depends on how much you disagree with swapping one manager for another. I do not like the man, do not like his principles and I do not think he is a better choice for manager than Sven. Virtually anyone else I could stomach but Keane is a big no no for me.

Why do you think Man Utd have not touched him with a barge pole for years? Because he is a self centred egotist with a suspect temper. As soon as his mouth outweighed his usefulness on the pitch he was shipped out so he could not do any damage off it.

They probably did,

He doesn't want a job his wife is gravely ill.

He doesn't want to say that's the reason else she'd probably feel a burden + if a top 4 or 6 job, came up he'd probably still want to take it.

Out of respect he'd probably want to let us down gently so he/his agent leaked the story about 'friends' saying.

Or... He always said he'd never forget that SheffUtd game & he doesn't want to come back on principle

Not sure it's right to be speculating that his wife is gravely ill, considering what's happened to her in the past and the fact that she apparently recovered. Until this sort of thing is public knowledge it's best not to come out with that.

Absolutely x 1000.

A truely nasty little tosser. If I ever meet him in real life I would love to tell him to his face, might be an issue in the 'bottle' department though.......:o

I sat close to him when he attended a game in Sydney this year. He's actually slightly built, so I fancy your chances. Just don't let him get close to your knees.

I see Haaland was recently quoted as saying Keane is a 'maverick' who ' had no idea how to play football'.

Sounds perfect. lol

Keane set for Leicester! United legend ready for managerial return with ambitious Foxes

By PHILIP QUINN

Last updated at 12:42 AM on 2nd November 2011

Comments (0)

Add to My Stories

Roy Keane is set to replace Sven Goran Eriksson as manager of Leicester City.

Sportsmail understands the former Sunderland and Ipswich boss has been identified by the club's ambitious owners as the man to lead Leicester back into the Premier League.

It is believed Martin O'Neill, the early front-runner to return to his former club, may have recommended Keane for the position to the club's ambitious owners, Thai-based Asian Football Investments.

Manchester United hero: Roy Keane has been out of work since leaving Ipswich

Keane, 40, has been out of work since being let go by Ipswich in January.

After recharging the batteries, the former Manchester United and Republic of Ireland midfielder is eager to return to management and was recently linked with the Icelandic post.

He would be expected to land running at Leicester, 3-1 winners on Tuesday at Burnley, as the owners are not known for patience.

Lofty target: Big-spending Leicester are desperate for promotion this term

Paulo Sousa was sacked after nine games last season, while Eriksson only lasted 15 games into the current campaign.

Keane led Sunderland to the Championship title in 2007, but experienced less success at Ipswich.

Leicester had considered a twin-track management team with Kevin Keegan and Lee Clark in harness but that set-up didn't appeal to the Huddersfield Town boss.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2056403/Roy-Keane-set-Leicester-managers-job.html#ixzz1cVf2mi9W

Archived