Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
escos

Roy Keane

Quoted on the 21st October

two statements by Keano

If an opportunity comes up in the next few months, I will be ready for it. I am only 40. If chairmen and chief executives do their homework I'm sure I have a chance,"

"There's a skill in tackling and nailing people. Yellow cards are fine, you need to worry about the red ones

Yeah Keano if they do their homework they wouldn't touch you with a barge pole

How funny would it be to listen to Stringer pissing him off week by week with pathetic questions?

Seriously though, i'd rather see games won than entertainment of Stringer annoying him, and I question whether in the long run it would produce the victory of games.

Best post ive read in a long while love it, Nigel Pearson didnt suffer fools gladly but Roy Keane would rip his head off in two weeks!!!

I've many Ipswich supporting friends. I used to wind them up a treat regarding Roy Keane, they absolutely HATED him.

This would be unbearable.

Please, no. Karma, no.

Well Craig, if we end up with him it's you and your fooking Karma's fault - nob! :ph34r:

I'd be interested to know why?

It's not just that he's an arsehole that alienates everyone, I don't think his CV is any better than those 2 either.

Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson, arguably the best two managers of my lifetime (though both were folk you wouldn't dare cross) both rated Keane very highly, not only as a player, but as a leader and a winner.

People with those gifts have been in VERY short supply at the Way in recent times.

You don't earn the number of medals Keane has just by smashing a few teacups or throwing chairs. He's an intelligent, articulate analyst of the game and has all the qualities needed to be a success in management in the future.

Yes, he was a failure at Ipswich (though they still gave us a hiding in his closing weeks there) but most managers have at least one blot on their CV. Look at Clough and Leeds.

Not that any of the above should concern us now, as apparently sources from City are saying Lee Clark will be our new boss..

Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson, arguably the best two managers of my lifetime (though both were folk you wouldn't dare cross) both rated Keane very highly, not only as a player, but as a leader and a winner.

People with those gifts have been in VERY short supply at the Way in recent times.

You don't earn the number of medals Keane has just by smashing a few teacups or throwing chairs. He's an intelligent, articulate analyst of the game and has all the qualities needed to be a success in management in the future.

Yes, he was a failure at Ipswich (though they still gave us a hiding in his closing weeks there) but most managers have at least one blot on their CV. Look at Clough and Leeds.

Not that any of the above should concern us now, as apparently sources from City are saying Lee Clark will be our new boss..

Yes Ferguson and Clough were tough blokes but they were not patholgoical psychopaths , i think the days of threatening players went out in the 80s when the money started roll in it doesnt work anymore!!!

Roy Keane is borderline nutcase .

He can shove his Labrador up his arse.

Anyway, most importantly, my grandma is less than happy at the prospect of Keano coming in, "We don't want a ruffian like him, coming in shouting and swearing and upsetting the boys."

Should have a job on the Football League Show my nan.

Don't remember any of them making jokes about our players having heart attacks or openly admitted they tried to end people's careers on the pitch.

Keane played for SAF and Cloughie - didnt manage for them! Keane was hated at sunderland for his final 8 months/year, ran out on his country, and was hated at Ipswich. He is noot a happy person and spreads misery wherever he goes and whatever he does.

Keane admitted in his book that he set out to injure Haaland that day: 'I'd waited long enough. I f****** hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you c***.

'And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries. Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, f*** him.

'What goes around, comes around. He got his just rewards. He f***** me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye'.

Fvck off Keane, you will never be welcome at our club. Scum.

Keane played for SAF and Cloughie - didnt manage for them! Keane was hated at sunderland for his final 8 months/year, ran out on his country, and was hated at Ipswich. He is noot a happy person and spreads misery wherever he goes and whatever he does.

This is possibly the key issue - and another reason I'd like OGS in charge. I've no feelings about Clark one way or the other.

Keane admitted in his book that he set out to injure Haaland that day: 'I'd waited long enough. I f****** hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you c***.

'And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries. Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, f*** him.

'What goes around, comes around. He got his just rewards. He f***** me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye'.

An eye for an eye or two arms a leg and a bollock for an eye?

He may have been an intelligent player but this doesn't make him a great analyst of the game. Sunderland and Ipswich fans might be able to tell you about his tactical skills, or lack of them, but how many of their games did you see under him? My impression (and I too, didn't see a massive amount of games that he was in charge of) was that they both played drab, poor football.

His man management qualities are atrocious, plenty of players did not like playing them. So he definitely hasn't got all the qualities. You could argue that he has more than one blot on his CV, as he left Sunderland very unpopular and with good reason. He had lost the dressing room.

As for that argument, I could think of countless managers who've had 2 jobs and have failed at one of them, why does that mean Keane will be a great manager or the one to take us up?

This is possibly the key issue - and another reason I'd like OGS in charge. I've no feelings about Clark one way or the other.

OGS? Thought you wanted attacking football? You seen Molde play?

It's the reaction of a bloke who likes the excuse to be violent. Like you I don't want him here.

Man United are masssive in Thailand and i could never see the owners not appointing a big name lets just hope that it is Mark Hughes and not Roy Keane, just cant see the fans taking to Keane, just like Megson he would be under pressure from the off this would be a disaster! Dont do it Top!!

Archived