Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Tottenham interested in Kasper

As soon as Tottenham or any other prem club make a bid for him he will be off but on our terms obviously (£5-8m)

Unfortunately this is the case

There is nothing more true in football that there is no point in keeping an unhappy player at the football club

Kasper is a super keeper, and is young and ambitious. He is destined to play for a bigger club than us I'm afraid.

I also have it on good authority that he knows how good he is and can come across as arrogant. This is no bad thing of course, but increases the likelihood of him wanting to go if the big boys come knocking.

Therefore, Happy Fox is quite right IMO. He would want to play at a higher level but we would want to get the best money we could for him, albeit a realistic sum of money that will both benefit the club but will also allow him to move if and when he desires.

As soon as we signed Kasper I had the thought that we are getting a magic keeper here, on the cheap. I wouldn't be shocked one little bit if he goes in Jan or over next summer.

That's footy and the important thing will be to line up another prodigious talent to fill his ever enlargening boots.

The one thing that could change his mind, albeit ever so slightly, is if we rush up the division and are nearing top two at Christmas time. That may sow a few seeds of doubt in his mind as to whether it would be better to kick on with City, and be assured of first team football, or to go to Spurs or somewhere and have to fight for that right.

Unfortunately this is the case

There is nothing more true in football that there is no point in keeping an unhappy player at the football club

Kasper is a super keeper, and is young and ambitious. He is destined to play for a bigger club than us I'm afraid.

I also have it on good authority that he knows how good he is and can come across as arrogant. This is no bad thing of course, but increases the likelihood of him wanting to go if the big boys come knocking.

Therefore, Happy Fox is quite right IMO. He would want to play at a higher level but we would want to get the best money we could for him, albeit a realistic sum of money that will both benefit the club but will also allow him to move if and when he desires.

As soon as we signed Kasper I had the thought that we are getting a magic keeper here, on the cheap. I wouldn't be shocked one little bit if he goes in Jan or over next summer.

That's footy and the important thing will be to line up another prodigious talent to fill his ever enlargening boots.

The one thing that could change his mind, albeit ever so slightly, is if we rush up the division and are nearing top two at Christmas time. That may sow a few seeds of doubt in his mind as to whether it would be better to kick on with City, and be assured of first team football, or to go to Spurs or somewhere and have to fight for that right.

Exactly us being near the top two may convince him to prolong his stay but if we are lagging behind the leaders come the start of January he will be off.

Exactly us being near the top two may convince him to prolong his stay but if we are lagging behind the leaders come the start of January he will be off.

I doubt he'll leave in Jan. I think he'll stick around until the end of the season, he's got to be confident of us getting into the play offs surely?

But if we don't go up, yeah he's gone.

It's only a matter of time until Kasper moves on unless Pearson repeats what MON did.

Kasper is too good for this division and could easily get a spot in half the teams in the prem.

It really is just a matter of when not if he goes, but I'd like to think we could at least keep him until the end of the season, and then if we're promoted maybe we can hold onto him.

We can at least look at the positives in that we bought him for peanuts and will make a big profit selling him on, enabling us to buy a replacement who, granted may not be quite so good, but who should be good value for us.

I doubt he'll leave in Jan. I think he'll stick around until the end of the season, he's got to be confident of us getting into the play offs surely?

But if we don't go up, yeah he's gone.

It depends on whether Tottenham or any other prem club bids for him in January and if it happens I can see him leaving us unfortunately, but obviously it would be on our terms.

Also to people who argue, the whole, keeping an unhappy player is pointless. I'd look at Modric, and how much he wanted to leave, to see how well he's playing at the moment. So I reckon if we wanted to keep him, he'll be professional enough to do his job.

Also to people who argue, the whole, keeping an unhappy player is pointless. I'd look at Modric, and how much he wanted to leave, to see how well he's playing at the moment. So I reckon if we wanted to keep him, he'll be professional enough to do his job.

The problem is not all players are as professional as Luka Modric has been. Younger players should look at him and take note!

Kasper by far has the quality to play at the top of the game. I know he's only been here a few months, but i've not seen a better keeper in a Leicester shirt (and before anyone says it the likes of Shilton, Banks were before my lifetime so when I say seen I actually mean seen since the mid nineties).

Really hope this is not true, but the way he is playing i can't see him staying forever if a big club does come in for him and we don't go up.

I remember when weale was linked with spurs, how things have changed.

Just because spurs have sent scouts, doesn't mean they want him yet. Just having a look at him.

I'm confident they'll be no bids until end of the season, if any at all. From tottenham at least.

Archived