Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Favourite Christmas song

My favourite Christmas song is 'Step Into Christmas' by Elton John;

Both 'Happy Xmas' by John Lennon, and 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday by Wizzard' come close though. Both Lennon and Roy Wood are two of my inspirations!

Fairytale,pretenders,wizzard, slade and Rea all good stuff.

My brother used to live in Sutton Coldfield and Roy Wood of Wizzard fame used to go to his local,even if it was a scorching day in July as soon as he walked in they would sing the school kids bit in high pitched voices until he told them to fook off of which he did everytime (in jest might i add)my brother says it makes him laugh everytime he hears it.

The Darkness-Christmas Time. only because it says bell end and ring piece! (grow up)

Not much on Christmas songs so may have to be Fairytale in New York. Best Christmassy one I suppose is Slade. Best lyrics and true. All the others play on the myths of Christmas. At this time of year, if I am in a shop or store playing Xmas songs I walk back out. Call me a misery old Scrooge if you like but there is only so much of Cliff Richard's Mistletoe and Wine one can take plus the third rate cover compliations of songs like Santa claus is Coming to Town and marys Boy Child is enough to drive any sane person crazy.

Who did that version of 12 days of Xmas where it ends up with cows shitting all over the place and something like the Lords doing the dancers. Something like that. May have just been a stand-up routine but was thinking Jasper Carrott which I searched for.

I think it ends up with him saying 'Stop sending me these frigging presents''

Archived