Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Al-aLondon-Foxile

Twitter Links

Yes, I don't know how we'll cope when he bangs in 9 for someone else.

Ok we get it. He had a bad season - but the test for him now is to improve and prove to people with similar views to yourself that he can perform at this level. I think he can do this and I wish you would get behind him instead of seeming content at having a player to aim all your criticism at. There were others in the team last year who were equally as poor who get away with not being used as some form of scapegoat.

Why does there never seem to be any middle ground with Leicester fans, either a player is shit or a player is god. Beckford has been average in his time with us, nothing more or nothing less.

If he stayed then he COULD score enough goals to get us promoted or he could equally be as average as he was last season. The question is does Pearson take the risk and keep him whilst paying a ridiculous wage, or does he take the risk and sell him to a Championship rival. I'm unsure personally.

I don't say 'this' very often, but this!

It seems a lot of people are going on past history with Beckford. He was awesome in league 1, took the leap to join Everton and had a good (ish) season with them.

Fact is though, he was pretty average for us. Some games he looked good, some he looked awful but most he just looked ok. For Beckford to score goals he needs to be 1on1 with the keeper. He's not really a poacher, and he very rarely makes his own chance. He'd need to rely heavily on our midfield, a point on which most of us seem to agree. But as the above post says, do we keep the player and keep paying his (reported) huge wages hoping that he comes good and build a midfield to help him, or do we sell, free those wages up, use some of the cash from the sale and build a team around more than one player?

Beckford could be great, I just don't think it'd be for us.

Ok we get it. He had a bad season - but the test for him now is to improve and prove to people with similar views to yourself that he can perform at this level. I think he can do this and I wish you would get behind him instead of seeming content at having a player to aim all your criticism at. There were others in the team last year who were equally as poor who get away with not being used as some form of scapegoat.

How is Beckford a scapegoat, no one has said that we'd have done anything if he had been better. We obviously were poor and goalscoring wasn't our main problem. But it just doesn't seem right to have someone who didn't perform last year, to be on around £30,000 a week in the Championship. How can we justify that?

Probably because those players aren't being lauded as "our best striker" or some kind of proven goal machine. I have no problem with Beckford, if he pulls on a shirt I'll cheer the bloke like I do all the players, I'd love him to bang in 30 goals this year.

He had a bad year and was poor value, that really cannot be argued. Most of my posts about him, are not to purposely slate him, but to question those who hold him up to be some kind of demi god without there being much proof of him being anything close to that in our league. And they are the same people usually who slate those who have outscored him or got comparable scoring rates in this league. Which is what I find odd.

I have no idea whether he'll be brilliant or shit next year, and as a few people above have said Pearson has to make a choice. Stick or twist, does he go on his performances last year. If so he'll be gone. Or does he hop he can transfer his league one form to this league?

Another question is, can Leeds afford the rumoured wage he is on? or will he need to take a pay cut?

Risky business transfer listing a player who we can't guarantee we will sell, which means a unwanted player in the squad. Don't want Beckford out on loan, keep him or sell him.

Maybe those that have an open mind on him can't be bothered to join this pointless debate.

Just because people aren't happy with his performances last year, doesn't mean they have an open mind about him.

Yes, I don't know how we'll cope when he bangs in 9 for someone else.

lol

have you not even got a sneaky feeling Beckford could eventually turn it on ttfn?

You know I'm with you on most aspects of his game, but I still reckon theres more to come from him.

Just because people aren't happy with his performances last year, doesn't mean they have an open mind about him.

Maybe not in your case Babylon, but it doesn't mean they don't have an open mind about him either. :whistle:

I wasn't suggesting everyone in the debate didn't have an open mind but we have a lot of regular posters and many have not joined the debate, so there are presumably plenty that are open minded or at least don't care and that is the point i was making. I fully understand your position but there's no denying there are some entrenched views and the debate is somewhat pointless and definitely repetitive.

I wasn't suggesting everyone in the debate didn't have an open mind but we have a lot of regular posters and many have not joined the debate, so there are presumably plenty that are open minded or at least don't care and that is the point i was making. I fully understand your position but there's no denying there are some entrenched views and the debate is somewhat pointless and definitely repetitive.

Repetitive is what Foxestalk does best!!!

Not sure..

I reckon the 'Beckford Saga' has generated more debate about any one particular player than most of the others, except Wellens of course lol

Most people seem to have some view on Beckford and express it.

He's that type of player... Frustrating

Say again.

lol

Beat me to it..

Not sure..

I reckon the 'Beckford Saga' has generated more debate about any one particular player than most of the others, except Wellens of course lol

Most people seem to have some view on Beckford and express it.

He's that type of player... Frustrating

lol

Beat me to it..

As far as I can see it's largely the same people saying the same thing over and over again and it's the same stuff they already said in several other topics e.g the twitter topic.

As far as I can see it's largely the same people saying the same thing over and over again and it's the same stuff they already said in several other topics e.g the twitter topic.

It's because nobody is listening Mr G... people must hear me and respect me.

Repetitive is what foxestalk does best.

I sense Davie G has some built up tension, you really need to lay into someone on here and just let it all out. You'll feel much better.

Maybe, I used to be renowned for being an argumentative and probably an irritating person that even got me into some trouble with my bosses at work, of course I was always right and they were always wrong :P but I generally don't do arguments now especially not about overpaid under-performing football players.

Maybe, I used to be renowned for being an argumentative and probably an irritating person that even got me into some trouble with my bosses at work, of course I was always right and they were always wrong :Pbut I generally don't do arguments now especially not about overpaid under-performing football players.

I think you just entered the argument!!!!!! :D

Maybe, I used to be renowned for being an argumentative and probably an irritating person that even got me into some trouble with my bosses at work, of course I was always right and they were always wrong :P but I generally don't do arguments now especially not about overpaid under-performing football players.

But... But... No one knows how much he's paid so we shouldn't talk about it, you said so.

It's because nobody is listening Mr G... people must hear me and respect me.

There's not actually a massive difference in the debate it's almost down to some having blind faith that he will deliver given the right circumstance so keep him and others saying he might but it's such a total unknown unproven scenario and not worth risking the money if we can get a decent fee for him.

There's not actually a massive difference in the debate it's almost down to some having blind faith that he will deliver given the right circumstance so keep him and others saying he might but it's such a total unknown unproven scenario and not worth risking the money if we can get a decent fee for him.

I think we should close the thread and leave it with your summing up.

But... But... No one knows how much he's paid so we shouldn't talk about it, you said so.

Well whatever it is all footballers especially PL and ex PL are over- paid in my opinion whether that's £35k/week or not

I think you just entered the argument!!!!!! :D

No I haven't!

I have no facts or stats to back it up but I really think he'll come good this season. The service should be better from the midfield and out wide. Also there will be more pressure for places than last season so hopefully his work rate improves

Archived