Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Al-aLondon-Foxile

Twitter Links

Babylons - no one is listening because it's the same few people, including you, trotting out the same rubbish.

There was a poll yes? 78% of people wanted Beckford to stay. That's quite a vote of confidence.

The fact that a few keyboard bashers cannot see the wood for the trees is getting boring. You know, you just might be wrong on this.

Unless anyone leaves, I think we're all set for strikers now.

I agree, I don't think there is any chance Pearson will let Beckford go , or anybody for that matter, unless he has a replacement lined up.

2 players I've admired for a while though areChris wood and Steven davies. Ipswich had a few bids turned down for Davies apparently.

Edit: Just thought I'd edit this before some smart arse points out its a 'twitter' thread.

So in other news, was it officially a wind up then?

Babylons - no one is listening because it's the same few people, including you, trotting out the same rubbish.

There was a poll yes? 78% of people wanted Beckford to stay. That's quite a vote of confidence.

The fact that a few keyboard bashers cannot see the wood for the trees is getting boring. You know, you just might be wrong on this.

Nottingham Florist Syndrome. :ph34r:

Dear ARMPIT, I have never said I want him gone.

Wrong on what? That he had shit season last year (9 league goals), that he's been poor value (£2.5m and rumours of 30k), that he's never done it higher than league one (never scored more than 9 league goals in a season above league one).

So, please let me know what I am wrong on?

On the flip side, you have blind faith in him believing that he's brillaint beyond all question. When the records state otherwise.

Beckford scored 8 in 34 appearances for Everton in the Premier League.

On the face of it, that is one goal in just over four games but he was used mainly as a substitute. His goals per minute ratio in the Premier League is quite impressive I'm led to believe, although I haven't worked it out.

This, plus some of his performances last season, lead me to believe he is a good striker.

He had a disappointing season last season, as did many others. But I think he has the quality to make a great contribution to a promotion push. I don't think we should build a team to play to Beckford's strengths, instead we should play Beckford when the opposition is likely to attack and leave space for him to run into.

On saying that, I still think Nugent is better.

Beckford scored 8 in 34 appearances for Everton in the Premier League.

On the face of it, that is one goal in just over four games but he was used mainly as a substitute. His goals per minute ratio in the Premier League is quite impressive I'm led to believe, although I haven't worked it out.

This, plus some of his performances last season, lead me to believe he is a good striker.

He had a disappointing season last season, as did many others. But I think he has the quality to make a great contribution to a promotion push. I don't think we should build a team to play to Beckford's strengths, instead we should play Beckford when the opposition is likely to attack and leave space for him to run into.

On saying that, I still think Nugent is better.

Nice balanced post... post more!!!

Although his record was ok at Everton, if Moyes believed he had the quality to do it regularly do you think he would have kept him?

Although I do like Beckford, I'm not quite sure where the certainty comes from saying he will be top scorer in the league this season.

He does have flaws to his game and his style will not always suit our style (whereas Nugent appears to be able to adapt). You also look at how we'll perform in away games- will he be that effective?

Although his record was ok at Everton, if Moyes believed he had the quality to do it regularly do you think he would have kept him?

i don't think Moyes had much of an option though, they sold Arteta,Yakubu and Beckford and brought in a couple of loan signings as replacements

And then spent a wad on Jelavic.

It was the only way they could get what was owed from Rangers in hindsight they did the right thing. :P

:blush: :blush: :blush:lol

I think at Everton he was well replaced, as other people have said.

If we were to sell him this summer, I would hope he would be well replaced, unless he has already been well replaced by Vardy.

but only 15% of FT voted so really about 12% want him to stay . . . . . . . . . lol

Why does there never seem to be any middle ground with Leicester fans, either a player is shit or a player is god. Beckford has been average in his time with us, nothing more or nothing less.

If he stayed then he COULD score enough goals to get us promoted or he could equally be as average as he was last season. The question is does Pearson take the risk and keep him whilst paying a ridiculous wage, or does he take the risk and sell him to a Championship rival. I'm unsure personally.

A voice of reason. Your kidding right. How are people on this supossed to deal with that!!

Moyes didn't rate him one jot, and not just blowing our own trumpet etc but not many players Moyes doesn't rate come back to bite him on the arse, We all thought Beckford would be the one but seems not.

I've been without the internet for two days and I've seen a few things about Becks probably leaving, but just wanted to know which of the "quotes" I've seen on Twitter is correct...

Is it "Jermaine Beckford has been told to look for a new club" or "Jermaine Beckford has been told he can look for a new club"?

Archived