Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tyneside fox

Svens outcasts poised to leave

I don't believe this because I'm not sure we'd get an acceptable fee for Mills / Beckford and I doubt anyone will be willing to match Konchesky's wages. He's 31 and, while reasonably consistent, I don't think he set the league alight.

It's one thing not needing players, it's another people being willing to take them off your hands.

While we should avoid a mass exodus there are very few players, or at least players who have been at the club for one season plus, who I would weep about losing. But I'll be intrigued to see which ones we actually manage to offload and fully expect our summer spending to be massively curtailed by a paucity of offers for the likes of Mills.

I don't think a mid-table club should be getting too worried about well-paid players, 25+ years of age, moving on. Even if they did a reasonable job on the pitch, there were many reports of 'dressing room troubles'. It's almost impossible to know who was responsible for this and the most unlikely of exits could make all the difference to the atmosphere.

As for NP and left backs; I think he signed Berner, Kennedy and Powell for nothing. I don't think we can tar them with the McGivern brush!

konchesky will get offers to move to the prem... So will Beckford...I would imagine both will join a newly promoted team... Dont know what the future holds for Mills though... I dont think Peltier is that bad but I think even at 25 we can say the Championship is his limit.....

I'd be astonished if a Premier League club was stupid enough to snap up Konchesky or Beckford.

As for Peltier, he could still get better. I remember many of our best right backs having terrible one-off seasons (eg Grayson in 94-95). He'd be the biggest surprise, were he to leave.

I called Konchesky as a surprise exit a few weeks ago.

I like Konch but lets look at the facts, he's on a big wage (obviously), he's the wrong side of 30 and.. I don't know, he's a very good player and easily good enough but you have got to concede he's been ever-present in a pretty shoddy defence.

Peltier's just been so bad for ages. It's a shame, he looked a real prospect at first but he's gone rapidly downhill, one of the few that have got worse going from Sven to NP.

I'd be astonished if a Premier League club was stupid enough to snap up Konchesky or Beckford.

As for Peltier, he could still get better. I remember many of our best right backs having terrible one-off seasons (eg Grayson in 94-95). He'd be the biggest surprise, were he to leave.

I wouldn't.

I can honestly see someone like QPR (if they stay up) taking a punt on him purely because they'll see he's scored goals for Everton at that level before.

Even though he's had a bad year for us I can still see Premier clubs taking a gamble on someone who's scored in the Prem at a cut price.

oh and the same Konchesky who was a regular in the premier league for 6 years before joining us?

Yeah.... no newly promoted team will want him...

Flaming bollocks.

If Konchesky goes our best left-back for many years will just leave us hanging, could we get better than him?

Beckford needs to stay has a lot to give, could kick on next season big time.

Agree with all this completely.

The only Sven signing I'd be devastated to lose would be Kasper, Konchesky has had a good season but when you take into account his wages, age and the potential fee we could get I don't think moving him on would be a disaster. Nigel built one of the best defences in the division in charge of us last time, if he thinks that we'll benefit from selling Konchesky then I wouldn't be too disappointed. He's had a good season but he's not irreplaceable.

The only current players that I would be massively disappointed to lose would be Kasper, Nugent and Marshall. Otherwise, NP can do what he wants to reduce the wage bill and improve the squad. Konchesky is very good at this level but maybe we can get better value for money. I'm very happy that he's looking to stabilise/improve our financial situation.

I would welcome this, given sufficient better value for money replacements. I don't think any of them have done particularly well imo, Konch has been relatively consistent but he is only going to deteriorate as a player.

Guest ttfn

There's been so many news reports linking Beckford with a move away that I refuse to get excited about it any more.

Who'd buy him though? His wages are too high for any other Championship club (uncle Ken's certainly not going to fork out the money) and his record last season will surely put off any Prem clubs.

Konchesky player of the season for me. Shame if he has to leave because of some Pearson Principles, be it wages or some sort of personality clash. :pearson:

Financial Fair Play is a Pearson principle?

Amazing how 1 manager controls not only the football league, but also UEFA & soon the Premier League.

I'd be surprised if we got rid of Peltier; he can play in a number of positions and I'd a thought he was a Pearson type player.

but on the other..wouldnt be surprised tbf; as said already..there probably on high wages and Pearson might feel he could get the same standard a player on a lot lower wage.

I'm happy if Mills leaves, can't be bothered with him anymore. I think we do need two new full backs to replace Konchesky and Peltier, although if I'm honest I wouldn't sell Peltier, because he coule be a good squad player. Still undecided on Beckford, I think he is good enough, but fairly lazy.

Mills - do you want me to pack your things for ya?

Beckford. - 14 goals and had what was a ok season? Me thinks there's more to come

Konch - been solid all year. No thanks

Peltier - league 1 really at the minute. Scared to take people on. No grate loss

NP "...is prepared to offload..." This story is consistent with the 8 players to come in thread, 4 to be funded from sales.Mills sale has appeared obvious for months.NP will probably consider offers for the other 3 unless they feature in his future plans.Other players might be sold if a decent offer comes in.Konch.had agood season and most people would expect him to stay.Like many I am not convinced by patchy form from Peltier and Beckford.

Archived