Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tyneside fox

Svens outcasts poised to leave

Mills will go the others will stay, Peltier did ok considering he was in League 1 before he moved here. Konchesky was pretty much our most consistant player.Beckfords had an up n down season but no reason to get rid. Its the midfield that needs attention.

Everyone agress Beckford had a poor season overall, yet still scored 14 goals. Would be disappointed to see him leave as I think next season he could get 20.

Mills is not a captain, but that doesn't make his a shit footballer. I think it'd be a shame for him to go as he will do well at his next club, him and Nige need to kiss and make up though which I can't see happening.

Konch IS a premier league player, would be gutted if he left.

i'm confident we could find someone who could do the same job as konchensky who's younger and would be on a lot less wages. wouldn't care if he left tbh. he did well enough last season but he was always gonna look good compared with the shower of shite we had playing. if we can flog him...do it nige.

I think the way NP appears to be going about his business bodes very well for our clubs future, he seems to be addressing the 'sweety shop' implications of Svens transfer policy for FFP . Couple this with HIS signings and I feel the future will be very bright :scarf:

...one of the few that have got worse going from Sven to NP.

Odd statement. Of course most players improved, it takes time for a team to gel, we all know that. The issue is wheather they improved to the expected degree, if NP managed to bring out the best in them.

i'm confident we could find someone who could do the same job as konchensky who's younger and would be on a lot less wages. wouldn't care if he left tbh. he did well enough last season but he was always gonna look good compared with the shower of shite we had playing. if we can flog him...do it nige.

Kennedy's played very well when he's been given a go. Think our results were good too.

People say our players are on huge wages. Can someone back this with facts please?

According to Urawa Reds, Abe was on £40k/wk

That gives you an example.

Also, how do you attract the likes of Pantisil, Konchesky and Beckford for less money then they'd earn in the Premiership, add to that maybe Danns & Nugent too who had a choice of clubs to join & of course the loaners like Johnson & Balls etc. It's obvious we're paying the going rate in the Premiership... maybe even more as why join a Chmpionship club for the same money? and also we may have had pay extra further for lack of spin-off earnings by not being in the Premiership... that's not taking into account we were just about the agents biggest earners in the country... they must have had Sven on speeddial.

Don't think any would be great losses whatsoever in all honesty. I'd only put up a case for Konch staying, but wouldn't lose sleep over any of them leaving.

Far more excited by the talent Stringer (I know, reliable source) suggested we were interested in on twitter the other week!

Mills - do you want me to pack your things for ya?

Beckford. - 14 goals and had what was a ok season? Me thinks there's more to come

Konch - been solid all year. No thanks

Peltier - league 1 really at the minute. Scared to take people on. No grate loss

Agree with this for what it's worth

Peltier, Konch and Becks should all STAY. Simple.

Konch is easily the best LB we've had in years.

Becks will get you 20 goals.

Peltier has had a decent season. Give the lad a break, his first FULL season in the Championship and people slag him off.

He was cracking 1st half of last season and deserves a chance to improve. Yes we need another RB to challenge him but no need to get rid

Peltier, Konch and Becks should all STAY. Simple.

Konch is easily the best LB we've had in years.

Becks will get you 20 goals.

Peltier has had a decent season. Give the lad a break, his first FULL season in the Championship and people slag him off.

He was cracking 1st half of last season and deserves a chance to improve. Yes we need another RB to challenge him but no need to get rid

What? :blink:

He was good the first 3 months, he's gone rapidly downhill since.

I don't see how it being his first season in the Championship is relevant. In fact that's more reason to think he's not good enough.

I don't see how it being his first season in the Championship is relevant. In fact that's more reason to think he's not good enough.

It was Rickie Lambert's first season in the Championship too :whistle:

Whilst true enough, I think Peltier's decline in form is largely a confidence issue, inexperienced at this level he would have benefited from being part of a solid back 4 and having some decent cover in front of him.

He was often required to provide an attacking threat down the right but routinely given no cover, either from midfield or from centerback.

Hardly surprising he was run ragged and flagged towards the end of the season.

Just my view, but I think he would be fine at this level in a settled, better organised side.

Yes he did fall of towards the end of the season but doesnt mean he's a bad player.

He's learning at this level and has the attributes to get better.

Him and Konch looked shattered come the end of the season, was lot of pressure on the fullbacks last season particular in Sven's diamond formation!

He IS good enough without doubt, just needs a good rest and some more confidence. Our fans raved about him early on in the seasons but, as ever, as soon as a player goes out of form, people on here want him sold!! Fickle or what!!

Apart from Naughton, he's the best RB we've had in recent times.

Archived