Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

49 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

8 Out of 10 Cats have replaced Sean Lock and Jon Richardson with two unfunny weirdos. They've just killed this show.

The bloke with the teeth is about as funny as a root canal. Aisling Bea is nice to look at though so not all bad.

1 hour ago, seanfox778 said:

8 Out of 10 Cats have replaced Sean Lock and Jon Richardson with two unfunny weirdos. They've just killed this show.

I don't mind Rob Beckett, but Aisling Bea is painfully unfunny. It's pretty obvious that they are fazing the show out though, I mean they shoved it to More4. They'll be making more Cats does Countdown than the original.

On 21/11/2016 at 20:36, Webbo said:

I still think  Westworld is slow. I wish they'd get on with it.

It is a bit, but when I realised how much hidden stuff there is in it I enjoy it more. It goes at a pace that lets you look about and notice subtle things like names on doors, different logos, timeline clues, story boards showing in the background. It's full of stuff pretty much showing you clues and answers if you start looking.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Anyone on Designated Survivor on Netflix? It's brilliant, Binged 6 episodes in the last 24 hours.

Been watching it weekly. Well, weekly-ish; it's from an American cable channel so they keep randomly skipping a week here or week there which almost makes me lost patience.

Kind of enjoying it though despite it being all broken up. It needs to decide exactly what kind of show it wants to be very soon though - the mystery investigated by the FBI is interesting, the family drama is cliched and dull IMO, as is the repeated attempts to remove Kiefer Sutherland from power (which we know isn't going to happen because they wouldn't have a show). So they need to settle down and decide what show it is. Because 24 did all of this much better.

Will stick with it though!

On 21/11/2016 at 20:36, Webbo said:

I still think  Westworld is slow. I wish they'd get on with it.

I agree a little, though I tend to think that when new TV shows are slow it's because they're building to something huge. Took me ages to get into Game of Thrones for this reason but it did have a massive payoff by the end of the first season.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

It is a bit, but when I realised how much hidden stuff there is in it I enjoy it more. It goes at a pace that lets you look about and notice subtle things like names on doors, different logos, timeline clues, story boards showing in the background. It's full of stuff pretty much showing you clues and answers if you start looking.

It's precisely this reason that I have to force myself to put away my laptop, tablet, phone etc for certain shows. 

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Been watching it weekly. Well, weekly-ish; it's from an American cable channel so they keep randomly skipping a week here or week there which almost makes me lost patience.

Kind of enjoying it though despite it being all broken up. It needs to decide exactly what kind of show it wants to be very soon though - the mystery investigated by the FBI is interesting, the family drama is cliched and dull IMO, as is the repeated attempts to remove Kiefer Sutherland from power (which we know isn't going to happen because they wouldn't have a show). So they need to settle down and decide what show it is. Because 24 did all of this much better.

Will stick with it though!

Yeah I agree with that, seams like if it goes one way it will copy Homeland and if it goes the other could be similar to House Of Cards.

I enjoy it, always helps when I can binge something.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

Recently started Black Mirror on Netflix, some of the episodes blow my mind, The White Bear one in season two and most of season 3 are out of this world. They really make you ponder about things. 

1 hour ago, seanfox778 said:

Recently started Black Mirror on Netflix, some of the episodes blow my mind, The White Bear one in season two and most of season 3 are out of this world. They really make you ponder about things. 

Black Mirror is probably the best thing I've seen in a long time. A bit like a modern day Tales of the unexpected for those of us older to remember that. The episodes with the Prime Minister, the one with the bees and the one where she's talking to her dead husband were my 3 favourites I think. 

Guest seanfox778
9 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Black Mirror is probably the best thing I've seen in a long time. A bit like a modern day Tales of the unexpected for those of us older to remember that. The episodes with the Prime Minister, the one with the bees and the one where she's talking to her dead husband were my 3 favourites I think. 

It reminds me how of the Twilight Zone a bit, I've not heard of Tales of the Unexpected so I'll look online for it. I haven't seen the one with the bees yet but I think the 80s themed one and the one that @theessexfox mentioned are my favourites. I've heard there's a new season coming out and some of the episodes are being made into films. 

Also, have you seen this? http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-surveillance-big-data-score-censorship-a7375221.html Scarily similar to season 3 episode 1.

Edited by seanfox778