Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

have started watching Black Mirror from the start. Thought I'd seen it before but must have been thinking of something else.

Black Mirror is quite possibly the best thing on TV I've seen in years. Loved every episode.  

• Like 1

Binged 'Ascension' on Netflix today. Interesting sci-fi premise about a 'generation ship' travelling to our nearest star for 100 years, populated with the brightest and best and their eventual descendants. Halfway into journey a murder happens and the token black character (literally the only one) has to investigate, then the writers desperately try to keep it interesting by having a punch up every now and then. Excellent twist in the second episode which they really should have done more with but never really really goes anywhere interesting after that. It's only 6 episodes and there's no more planned. Worth having on in the background when you need something to ignore. 

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Binged 'Ascension' on Netflix today. Interesting sci-fi premise about a 'generation ship' travelling to our nearest star for 100 years, populated with the brightest and best and their eventual descendants. Halfway into journey a murder happens and the token black character (literally the only one) has to investigate, then the writers desperately try to keep it interesting by having a punch up every now and then. Excellent twist in the second episode which they really should have done more with but never really really goes anywhere interesting after that. It's only 6 episodes and there's no more planned. Worth having on in the background when you need something to ignore. 

I've seen this,not bad

Just finished all episodes of Black Mirror- sensational stuff.  I liked The Entire History of You and Be Right Back along that Instagram episode best but I thought Shut Up and Dance has the best twist at the end- I can't quite decide how I felt about the main character after that.  San Junipero is weakest one, I thought Kelly's decision at the end ruined the episode. 

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 22:59, Samilktray said:

Started watching Peep Show recently and I've gotta say, great tv show

I've watched it all the way through twice in the past year and only due to the fact that when I get dressed In the morning and accidentally put my socks on first I nearly die laughing have I not started from the start again yet.

59 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Just finished all episodes of Black Mirror- sensational stuff.  I liked The Entire History of You and Be Right Back along that Instagram episode best but I thought Shut Up and Dance has the best twist at the end- I can't quite decide how I felt about the main character after that.  San Junipero is weakest one, I thought Kelly's decision at the end ruined the episode. 

That's what's so great about Black Mirror - each episode is so completely different that each of them appeal to different people for different reasons.

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 3

Guest seanfox778
On Wed Jan 04 2017 at 22:33, MC Prussian said:

Could premiere at Sundance:

One of my all time favourite TV shows. Cannot wait for this! 

Guest seanfox778

Started re watching Breaking Bad just after Christmas and I'm on episode 5 of season 5 already, still just as gripping as the first time. Such a great show, I never watched Better Call Saul so I may give that a go afterwards. 

Watched Taboo on catch up last night. What a load of shit. For a start I could barely here what Tom Hardy was saying with his mumbling so I put the subtitles on. The dialogue must be some  the worse I've ever seen.

Did many of you watch Derek. I quite enjoyed it but wasn't anything special, just a bit of an easy watch. Shame really as Kevin is a gem of a character, he has some amazing lines! Karl Pilkington had some funny bits too. The outtakes are probably better than the show

Guest seanfox778
4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Did many of you watch Derek. I quite enjoyed it but wasn't anything special, just a bit of an easy watch. Shame really as Kevin is a gem of a character, he has some amazing lines! Karl Pilkington had some funny bits too. The outtakes are probably better than the show

Yeah I felt the same about it as you, enjoyed it but don't think it's a show you can rewatch. I never really saw the character of Derek, I just saw him has Ricky Gervais doing an impression of a special needs person if you get what I mean? Nothing against Gervais, I guess it's just a difficult character to portray. 

Edited by seanfox778