Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Guest BlueBrett

I find looking for something to watch to be a constant struggle. There's just so much crap and so many dubious recommendations out there. Speaking of which, one thing I saw recently was 'Big time in Hollywood'. I wont say it was amazing or anything but as the series goes on it develops into a completely different show from what you'd expect from the first episode. It's really silly to be honest but I think I enjoyed it.

1 minute ago, BlueBrett said:

I find looking for something to watch to be a constant struggle. There's just so much crap and so many dubious recommendations out there. Speaking of which, one thing I saw recently was 'Big time in Hollywood'. I wont say it was amazing or anything but as the series goes on it develops into a completely different show from what you'd expect from the first episode. It's really silly to be honest but I think I enjoyed it.

Partly this. People watch some serious shit and the bigger tv gets, the more dramas there are flying out at the moment. The amount of Netflix exclusives now is absolutely ridiculous and people will watch literally any shit. I won't, I'm a snob. 

But I've been home alone for a couple weeks now and I'm churning through shit so quickly I'm just running out. 

I've nailed almost every decent Sky Atlantic boxed set going.

24 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Up to series 4 now on SOA 

havent watched the Wire, might take a look

You won't regret it I'll promise you that. Superb series even if it is fairly old now.

Guest BlueBrett
1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Partly this. People watch some serious shit and the bigger tv gets, the more dramas there are flying out at the moment. The amount of Netflix exclusives now is absolutely ridiculous and people will watch literally any shit. I won't, I'm a snob. 

But I've been home alone for a couple weeks now and I'm churning through shit so quickly I'm just running out. 

I've nailed almost every decent Sky Atlantic boxed set going.

Yeh that's my problem too. Far too snobbish and I write off so many shows 'on principle' without really understanding what principle I'm even thinking of. Then when I do find something I just go through the whole thing back to back like an absolute glutton and wind up back where I started in a couple of days. These bloody first world problems :frusty:

I got a NowTV subscription the other day basically just so I can watch GoT. Hardly anything else in the 'entertainment' section appeals in the slightest based on the cover photos and titles but I did watch that Billions show you mentioned and I quite liked it. I fear I've set myself up for disappointment by allowing Wendy Rhoades to shape my hopes for my future wife a little too much though.

Let me know if you do come across anything decent

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I genuinely don't know what to watch at the moment. 

Blasted through Billions and Mr Robot rapidly over the last few days. Want something similar, drama, bit of a thriller edge, bit conspiratorial, not too cheesy and cheap. 

Bit dark. Bit edgy. 

Bloody hell you don't want much Finners, just whack Ed Edd & Eddy on 

13 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Yeh that's my problem too. Far too snobbish and I write off so many shows 'on principle' without really understanding what principle I'm even thinking of. Then when I do find something I just go through the whole thing back to back like an absolute glutton and wind up back where I started in a couple of days. These bloody first world problems :frusty:

I got a NowTV subscription the other day basically just so I can watch GoT. Hardly anything else in the 'entertainment' section appeals in the slightest based on the cover photos and titles but I did watch that Billions show you mentioned and I quite liked it. I fear I've set myself up for disappointment by allowing Wendy Rhoades to shape my hopes for my future wife a little too much though.

Let me know if you do come across anything decent

Wendy Rhoades is the ultimate milf. Makes me want to become the US attorney just looking at her. 

There's loads on sky Atlantic via nowtv worth a watch, I've just seen it all already haha. 

The Wire 

Boardwalk Empire 

True Detective (season one, genuinely 10/10)

Occupied (tidy Norwegian drama) 

Midnight Sun (reasonable Swedish drama) 

Fortitude (season one excellent, season two dreadful and unnecessary) 

Gomorrah (unbelievably good but very serious, very dark. Doesn't have any shred of even dark humour like the Wire) 

Westworld (worth the hype) 

All worth a go if you're new to nowtv. 

Anyone been watching The State on Channel 4? Seems to have divided people and the DM has been typically moronic by comparing it to Nazi propaganda. Think it's been quite informative and clearly well-researched. The women's story basically mirrors The Handmaid's Tale.

Been watching Heroes again the last few weeks. Two thirds through season three. Hit and miss really. The first series was good and the second was cut short because of a writers strike. There was supposed to be a mini series spin off about that time too which left the beginning of S3 disjointed as the stuck it in front. Viewers ratings went down as well so fewer episodes were made.

Also started the third season of Fargo. No idea what the beginning was about unless it was just a hint that the story was not true when the said it was. Maybe the old man that was killed had something to do with it.

I genuinely don't know what to watch at the moment. 

Blasted through Billions and Mr Robot rapidly over the last few days. Want something similar, drama, bit of a thriller edge, bit conspiratorial, not too cheesy and cheap. 

Bit dark. Bit edgy. 

The Shield.

Great show about a crooked LA gang unit run by Michael Chiklis (The Thing from Fantastic Four).
  • Like 1

Just watched the first 6 episodes of rick and Morty. Quality episodes with fun dark humor.

But I have to say, this show makes you think! I don't know how to say it but, it has that creepy "psychological undertone" theme going for it that just make you feel weird, honestly, I wasn't expecting the writing to be this deep for a cartoon.

Edited by the fox

9 hours ago, Webbo said:

Ben Elton has turned into a right boring and pretentious arse. Any one watching his crappy lecture?

He was always pretentious but used to be very funny.

On 22 August 2017 at 15:40, KingGTF said:

Anyone been watching The State on Channel 4? Seems to have divided people and the DM has been typically moronic by comparing it to Nazi propaganda. Think it's been quite informative and clearly well-researched. The women's story basically mirrors The Handmaid's Tale.

I've watched the first episode and thought it was quite good.

After reading some of the negative publicity I was expecting it

to glamourise Islamic extremists but it felt quite balanced.