Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 28/07/2017 at 16:08, woznotwos said:

Totally addicted to House of Cards ! fargo 3 next I think

House of Cards is amazing. Spacey is an incredible actor. It's a really strange show in the sense that Frank isn't a very nice man at all but you're still rooting for him and Claire

• Like 2

Enjoying Ozark at the moment. About halfway through it and will definitely finish it. Got a Breaking Bad vibe about it without the comedy element 

Also has anybody ever watched Justified? If so what did you think? I really enjoyed it and thought the characters were brillant

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Enjoying Ozark at the moment. About halfway through it and will definitely finish it. Got a Breaking Bad vibe about it without the comedy element 

Also has anybody ever watched Justified? If so what did you think? I really enjoyed it and thought the characters were brillant

Justified is one of my all time favourite series. The characters were fantastic. Boyd Crowder was incredible.

On 24/07/2017 at 09:28, Darkon84 said:

Finally got round to starting Stranger Things. 5 episodes in and loving every minute so far!

I just finished it last week,  I enjoyed it but I thought it was bit overhyped to some extent but then again I thought the same about Breaking Bad!

On 8/5/2017 at 09:43, Rincewind said:

started watching Heroes again. Halfway through the first series. Forgot how long it took to go nowhere and get going. Only started because the other thing I was going to watch would not play.

I liked the first season. Although the finale was disappointing. After that it totally went off the rails. 

On 04/08/2017 at 09:36, foxfanazer said:

I must've watched the first series then completely forgot about Justified. Might have to give it another go soon!

On 04/08/2017 at 09:34, foxfanazer said:

House of Cards is amazing. Spacey is an incredible actor. It's a really strange show in the sense that Frank isn't a very nice man at all but you're still rooting for him and Claire

On 28/07/2017 at 16:08, woznotwos said:

Totally addicted to House of Cards ! fargo 3 next I think

The first 2 series of HOC were brilliant, then after a long wait for series 3 I was massively disappointed with the first episode, just seemed to have gone off on a tangent a bit. 

I take it it's worth getting back in to?

18 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

I must've watched the first series then completely forgot about Justified. Might have to give it another go soon!

9 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

The first 2 series of HOC were brilliant, then after a long wait for series 3 I was massively disappointed with the first episode, just seemed to have gone off on a tangent a bit. 

Yes and yes

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JimmyB said:

Oh yes !!!

• Like 1

Up-to-date on HOC, considering how many political shows there are at the moment, I think it still stands out as quite unique.

Just finished the first season of the Crown which I was very impressed with. The guy that plays Winston Churchill was phenomenal. After Crown, we've now started Power which I've got properly into, already halfway through season 2 after less than a week. Well worth a watch.

Based on lots of comments I've seen on here and elsewhere, probably go with Ozark next, possibly Peaky Blinders?

13 hours ago, Simi said:

Up-to-date on HOC, considering how many political shows there are at the moment, I think it still stands out as quite unique.

Just finished the first season of the Crown which I was very impressed with. The guy that plays Winston Churchill was phenomenal. After Crown, we've now started Power which I've got properly into, already halfway through season 2 after less than a week. Well worth a watch.

Based on lots of comments I've seen on here and elsewhere, probably go with Ozark next, possibly Peaky Blinders?

Watching Ozark now, it's really decent. Peaky blinders is one of the best shows I've seen

On 04/08/2017 at 14:46, foxfanazer said:

On 04/08/2017 at 09:36, foxfanazer said:

Justified is one of my all time favourite series. The characters were fantastic. Boyd Crowder was incredible.

Thanks for the recommendation- gave this a try and really enjoying it. 

And bonus...wife doesn't fancy it which gives me a clear run to binge! 

• Like 1