Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 29/08/2017 at 21:44, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Just seen the trailer for Back, Channel 4's upcoming comedy starring Mitchell & Webb. Of course I'll watch it, but I'll probably spend the whole time thinking, "Well this isn't as good as Peep Show!".

MAKE SOME MORE PEEP SHOW DAMMIT!

Chance would be a fine thing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdjsemtex-30.cdn.pjtsu.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F03%2FCd_iOhqUAAArFDw.jpg-large-940x940.jpeg&referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2Furl%3Fsa%3Di%26rct%3Dj%26q%3D%26esrc%3Ds%26source%3Dimages%26cd%3D%26ved%3D0ahUKEwjSmJWts4vWAhWQZ1AKHbiLBG4QjBwIBA%26url%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fdjsemtex-30.cdn.pjtsu.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2016%252F03%252FCd_iOhqUAAArFDw.jpg-large-940x940.jpeg%26psig%3DAFQjCNHRZaac0aZordZj-Cv38gF46auSZw%26ust%3D1504610025897020&reason=This+site+is+categorized+as+Miscellaneous+or+Unknown&reasoncode=CATEGORY_CAUTIONED&timebound=1&action=deny&kind=category&rule=52&cat=Miscellaneous+or+Unknown&user=212523079@ge.com&lang=en_US&zsq=0rvPnvW0vQkfj3DjMDvDrrnMPqnrvPnvNvk3nZFzsq&captcha_59ad35af79ab2=3507627258

After finishing Prison Break I needed something to fill the void. Loving Power atm. Just finished the first season and its all kicking off now. Highly recommended

I'm on series 3 and thoroughly enjoying it. I'd have had field day watching it in my mid-teens. 

EDIT: Have just started S4, not 3. 

Edited by silebyboy

10 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Well, what did you lot think of Back? I thought it was good. Some very funny moments. Definitely one to stick with I reckon.

Only caught half of it. It will probably take me a few episodes to accept it isn't Peep Show and by then I should be able to enjoy it.

That Bluetooth bit had me pissing myself though lol 

11 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Well, what did you lot think of Back? I thought it was good. Some very funny moments. Definitely one to stick with I reckon.

It was never gonna be as good as Peep Show and if you keep that in mind it was a very decent effort in my opinion, like you said some very funny moments. I saw the Bluetooth speaker gag a mile off but it was done perfectly lol 

Looking good so far in my opinion.

11 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Only caught half of it. It will probably take me a few episodes to accept it isn't Peep Show and by then I should be able to enjoy it.

That Bluetooth bit had me pissing myself though lol 

Written by the same people as Peep Show with similar humour, having the same lead characters with similar character traits, Mitchell - neurotic, Webb - Narcissistic, it could easily have been an episode of Peep Show and that is my biggest criticism. The flash backs alternating between adult and child actors were amusing if a bit gimmicky, the difference between their 2 memories was good. I just think it was too much like Peep Show and if it is going to be the same type of humour it needed different leads, or if they really wanted to work with Mitchell and Webb they should have flipped the characters.  Until Webb showed up it could easily have been Mark Corrigan dealing with the death of his father they needed to do more to distinguish the show from PS. The biggest laughs came from the uncle.

51 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Written by the same people as Peep Show with similar humour, having the same lead characters with similar character traits, Mitchell - neurotic, Webb - Narcissistic, it could easily have been an episode of Peep Show and that is my biggest criticism. The flash backs alternating between adult and child actors were amusing if a bit gimmicky, the difference between their 2 memories was good. I just think it was too much like Peep Show and if it is going to be the same type of humour it needed different leads, or if they really wanted to work with Mitchell and Webb they should have flipped the characters.  Until Webb showed up it could easily have been Mark Corrigan dealing with the death of his father they needed to do more to distinguish the show from PS. The biggest laughs came from the uncle.

Not physically possible.

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

yer I thought that, but I mean david mitchell in real life basically is mark, so the way he delivers lines etc is always going to be the same I guess. 

still thought it was decent enough to watch.