Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

1 hour ago, Harry96 said:

New narcos season probably best one yet even without Pablo. Quality show.

I enjoyed it but I personally degree with this. I'd say the first two series were probably a solid 8.5/10 each.

I'd say this one has been a reasonable 7/10. It's okay but it lacks the punch of the first two and as much as I like Pedro Pascal a hell of a lot (borderline mancrush) - I think the show suffered a little from the loss of Murphy and his replacement in the new two being really under cooked.

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I enjoyed it but I personally degree with this. I'd say the first two series were probably a solid 8.5/10 each.

I'd say this one has been a reasonable 7/10. It's okay but it lacks the punch of the first two and as much as I like Pedro Pascal a hell of a lot (borderline mancrush) - I think the show suffered a little from the loss of Murphy and his replacement in the new two being really under cooked.

I've seen a lot of people say they disliked Murphy but I thought he was a brilliant character 

I'm up to episode 3 of the new series of Narcos. I think the reason it isn't as good as the last 2 series is because the Cali Cartel aren't as interesting as Pablo Escobar. Most of what was in the last 2 series was based on historical fact and pretty amazing fact it was too. This series feels to me as if they've had to invent bits to make the story interesting.

• Like 1

On 08/09/2017 at 17:29, Webbo said:

I'm up to episode 3 of the new series of Narcos. I think the reason it isn't as good as the last 2 series is because the Cali Cartel aren't as interesting as Pablo Escobar. Most of what was in the last 2 series was based on historical fact and pretty amazing fact it was too. This series feels to me as if they've had to invent bits to make the story interesting.

If you somehow liked Narcos, you should watch " Pablo Escobar: El Patrón del Mal " which is ten times better.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2187850/?ref_=nv_sr_1 

It is truer to the events, grittier and overall the actors are stellar.

Edited by DelBoy73

On 08/09/2017 at 16:29, Webbo said:

I found that to be a problem with the show as a whole to be honest so stopped watching it after a few episodes.

Ive read the book him brother wrote about him and though Narcos would go into similar levels of detail but it seemed to start about 3/4s of the way through it which was disappointing. I know you can't include everything from a book but still.

7 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I found that to be a problem with the show as a whole to be honest so stopped watching it after a few episodes.

Ive read the book him brother wrote about him and though Narcos would go into similar levels of detail but it seemed to start about 3/4s of the way through it which was disappointing. I know you can't include everything from a book but still.

Well, if you read the book and were looking for a show as close to the events as possible, take a look at the colombian tv show :

You're in for a treat, trust me.

12 minutes ago, DelBoy73 said:

Well, if you read the book and were looking for a show as close to the events as possible, take a look at the colombian tv show :

You're in for a treat, trust me.

Ah nice one will try and find this when I'm vegging on the sofa later.

47 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Anyone seen Ozark yet? Heard nothing but praise for the show.

Only thing that bugs me is seeing Jason Bateman doing another kind of Arrested Development, this time simply with a dark twist.

Started on it this weekend, watched the first three episodes. Really enjoying it. Think someone mentioned earlier there's a bit of a Breaking Bad feel about it, which I can see, except the little humour it has it a bit dryer and less obvious. Never saw Arrested Development so that's not bothering me.

57 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Only thing that bugs me is seeing Jason Bateman doing another kind of Arrested Development, this time simply with a dark twist.

I enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it. There's plot holes all over the place for me but it's good entertainment. Bateman was surprisingly good I thought and I think he directed it as well. 

10 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it. There's plot holes all over the place for me but it's good entertainment. Bateman was surprisingly good I thought and I think he directed it as well. 

Directed the first 2 and last 2 I think.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

It got a lot of mentions on here about a month ago. I thought it was okay, nothing more. Not a patch on Breaking Bad.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

It got a lot of mentions on here about a month ago. I thought it was okay, nothing more. Not a patch on Breaking Bad.

This.

The pilot brought so much potential for the story and characters to develop into something new and ingesting ala Justified or maybe The Shield. But unfortunately it unfolds like an other so-so tv show with forgettable character arcs and story.

There are however some truly hidden gems in the european production.

I recently discovered the italian tv shows  Romanzo Criminale and Gomorra, and imho they have to be in the top 100 best tv shows in history.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1242773/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2049116/?ref_=nv_sr_1

14 hours ago, DelBoy73 said:

If you somehow liked Narcos, you should watch " Pablo Escobar: El Patrón del Mal " which is ten times better.

It is truer to the events, grittier and overall the actors are stellar.

I've found that on youtube. There's lots of 1 hour episodes but I'll give it a go.

Finished Ozark today. Enjoyable, but plenty of plot holes. The flashback episode opened a few up and could have been left out completely with a few of the flashbacks just slotted into the other episodes. Will watch it though if it returns for a second series.