Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 12/1/2017 at 15:50, The Blur said:

Just finished all episodes of Black Mirror- sensational stuff.  I liked The Entire History of You and Be Right Back along that Instagram episode best but I thought Shut Up and Dance has the best twist at the end- I can't quite decide how I felt about the main character after that.  San Junipero is weakest one, I thought Kelly's decision at the end ruined the episode. 

Finally got round to this. Actually thought San Junipero was excellent. Shut up and Dance was unbelievably twisted.

Guest seanfox778
11 hours ago, shen said:

Finally got round to this. Actually thought San Junipero was excellent. Shut up and Dance was unbelievably twisted.

San Junipero was one of my favourite ones also. Shut up and Dance, The Entire History of You, Playtest and Nosedive all stuck out for me. Can't wait for season 4.

4 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Looking forward to this tomorrow night!

Catch it on Netflix, 17 episodes due to air in the first season with a mini-break over the Christmas.

Early impressions are very positive after some of the stick the show has received, but reviews will be available after episode 1 airs in the states tonight! 

Might watch this, just been having an amusing internet tour of nerds expressing their impotent rage against the decision to slightly alter the Klingons' appearance.  It seems nobody told them about the human looking things in the original series :D

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 23:18, Carl the Llama said:

Might watch this, just been having an amusing internet tour of nerds expressing their impotent rage against the decision to slightly alter the Klingons' appearance.  It seems nobody told them about the human looking things in the original series :D

Having missed the days of TNG, and to some extent Voyager, this was an absolutely fantastic start.  I thought it was great.  Really worth a watch.  Yet again, Netflix showing why it's the top streaming service in the UK bringing something new and great to the TV.  Thank goodness Sky are nowhere near it.

And with Stranger Things back next month, the quality on the TV is going to get even better in the run up to Xmas.  :thumbup:

Really enjoyed those first 2 episodes of the new trek. Wasn't expecting to enjoy it that much from the trailer. Disappointed that it does seem to have gone far from the original vision of star trek series, but if it helps maintain a decent viewerbase and attract a few new people into watching it, it seems a small price to pay.

Interested to see how this first season pans out, a success here could lead to a nice revival of star trek series. 

Me and the wife are now onto the last episode of Season 4 of Power, after watching that tonight that's it until season 5 is out in June next year :(. Have not been able to stop watching it. Absolutely brilliant. For me every season has got better.

So tomorrow its back to deciding what to watch again. I was gutted when I finished Prison Break and now gutted again ive got to wait 9 months for Power season 5.

25 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

EA does a lot of stuff with the studios and likes the look and feel of Discovery.

Also love that it is the original timeline and not the new movies alternate timeline.

I'll be watching it again later this week.  Not many TV shows are deserving of my limited free time on a second watch through, but this one will be.

Btw, the amount of garbage being written about it is staggering.  From the look of the klingons (and they didn't change between TOS and TNG?), the holo-tech (nice touch, brings something different), the CGI (you'd be hard pushed to name a TV programme or movie for that matter with better visuals), the narrative (it's standard trek!), the darkness of the set (I liked the change of mood, takes itself more seriously), etc etc. do these people actually enjoy watching TV or what?

Put this pilot up against Encounter at Farpoint, Emissary or Caretaker and look how far TV has come ffs.  Enjoy it for what it is.  It's the best looking TV show I've ever seen imo - we're set up for another 15 mini movies and I can't wait!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I'll be watching it again later this week.  Not many TV shows are deserving of my limited free time on a second watch through, but this one will be.

Btw, the amount of garbage being written about it is staggering.  From the look of the klingons (and they didn't change between TOS and TNG?), the holo-tech (nice touch, brings something different), the CGI (you'd be hard pushed to name a TV programme or movie for that matter with better visuals), the narrative (it's standard trek!), the darkness of the set (I liked the change of mood, takes itself more seriously), etc etc. do these people actually enjoy watching TV or what?

Put this pilot up against Encounter at Farpoint, Emissary or Caretaker and look how far TV has come ffs.  Enjoy it for what it is.  It's the best looking TV show I've ever seen imo - we're set up for another 15 mini movies and I can't wait!  :thumbup:

100% agree.  Just finished watching the opening 2 eps on Netflix.  The federation logo in the sand leading into the opening credits was weak sauce - and Michael not noticing they weren't walking in a straight line despite the obvious sharp turns required was a bit insulting to our suspension of disbelief - but after the credits had finished rolling I was engrossed in the show right up until the end of the second episode which is unusual.  Normally when I'm watching a show on my computer there'll be moments where my interest wanes and I'll exit fullscreen to check other sites out with the show playing on one half of my monitor until it gets interesting again, not so with this and that's about the highest praise I can give any audiovisual entertainment.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

100% agree.  Just finished watching the opening 2 eps on Netflix.  The federation logo in the sand leading into the opening credits was weak sauce - and Michael not noticing they weren't walking in a straight line despite the obvious sharp turns required was a bit insulting to our suspension of disbelief - but after the credits had finished rolling I was engrossed in the show right up until the end of the second episode which is unusual.  Normally when I'm watching a show on my computer there'll be moments where my interest wanes and I'll exit fullscreen to check other sites out with the show playing on one half of my monitor until it gets interesting again, not so with this and that's about the highest praise I can give any audiovisual entertainment.

Watch it on a full sized TV screen as well - looks incredible.  :thumbup:

Definitely the best Narcos series so far, I've not it finished yet but Jorge's plot line is so compelling. The show does a good job of unravelling that actually quite normal people ended up in above their heads with Limon in the second series and Jorge in this.