Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

35 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Cool, seemed a bit slow but enjoyed it. Something to do this weekend.

Yeah, it has it's slower moments. But I feel the pacing of it all is right for what it is.

Comments on some of the posts whilst I've "been away".

Fargo S3 - was great but perhaps not as good as 1&2. Lupin was fantastic though.The weird plot shifts and the humour are what Cohen programmes are all about.

Last Kingdom - is that the viking one? - if so watched and enjoyed the first season, second season is so slow and plasticky that I gave up a few episodes in.

Stranger Things - possibly the best new series of last year.

Westworld - up there as one of the best new series of last year.

Prime Suspect 1973 - complete waste of money, time and space

Bosch S3 - slow as always but somehow I keep watching even though I tell myself no more

Cardinal s1 - reasonable detective series

The Loch s1 - broadchurch in Scotland with poor acting

Taboo s1 - enjoyed it. 

Peaky blinders S3 - one of the best out there.

Line of Duty S4 - some plot holes, worst of the 4 seasons but still worth viewing

Vera S7 - always decent

Endeavour S4 - enjoyed it

Grantchester S3 - why am I still watching?

Hinterland S3 - good.

Homeland s6 - after surviving the first few episodes it was very good.

Sherlock S4 - good but weakest so far, think you needed to be on drugs, probably time to wind it up.

The missing s2 - good watch

the walking dead S7 - very poor other than a couple of decent episodes

Vikings second half S04 - Great series

Marco Polo s2 - beautiful and enjoyable - it's a crime that they're not paying for a third.

After blazing through every season of Always Sunny for the 4th or 5th time I thought it was time to try out something new.

Started on Veep and currently halfway through season 2. Quite funny and some of the putdowns are amazing.

Reckon I'll start Ozark tonight.

I do that every now and then with The League on Netflix. Love that show. All about a bunch of mates who do a fantasy NFL league together and rip the piss out of each other. Jason Mantzoukas is absolutely fantastic in it. 

Edited by The Bear

On 21/07/2017 at 18:16, bovril said:

New series of Last Chance U on Netflix. First series was one of the best things I've seen.

Got two episodes left of the second season, I'm hooked. Having worked with a collegiate football team in the states for a few months I love how they explore every side of the players and coaches, it really does give that real life perspective to the struggles and triumphs you go through at that standard. Someone recommended All or Nothing to me but I don't have a Prime Video account so going to explore other avenues to watch that. 

On 24 July 2017 at 12:38, rico said:

i've watched every episode and i still have to question myself about whats going on :blink:

Did you watch it the first time around? There were many sub plots that never seemed 

to come to anything (or if they did they were lost on me). I just love the strangeness of it.

Quite enjoying Ozark tbh.

Half way through it and still finding it pretty engaging. Although it's getting a bit daft in places it's still quite good I reckon...

12 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

Barry from eastenders got threatened by a mob wife you can't get this shit anywhere else on the teleweb 

Do they call him "Barry" in CBB like they did in Extras?