Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

12 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Really loving masters of the air despite the brit bashing. 

Anyone watched the C4 mining strike programme? 

Coming from Coalville and a mining family on both sides its pretty close to home. 

Not watched the mining strike programme yet but interested. Old enough to remember how bitter the dispute was even if only viewed from a distance. As for Masters of the air. Gave up due to brit bashing. Often wonder if the average viewer to these historical series come to subject with much pre knowledge or not.

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Korea really does produce some excellent TV and film, I'm glad it's catching on worldwide now.

Have you seen The Glory?

I haven’t yet but it is on my list to watch!

Planning to watch Kingdom at some point as well

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I haven’t yet but it is on my list to watch!

Planning to watch Kingdom at some point as well

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

It's a bloody difficult watch in places, but excellent.

I keep going to watch Kingdom but still haven't got round to it. My list on Netflix at the minute is just Korean stuff I haven't got round to yet. Netflix wise not sure anything will top Bloodhounds or All of us are Dead, although I thought that after All of us are Dead and Bloodhounds did just that. Either of you watch Badland Hunters? With the likeable fella from Train to Busan in it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I keep going to watch Kingdom but still haven't got round to it. My list on Netflix at the minute is just Korean stuff I haven't got round to yet. Netflix wise not sure anything will top Bloodhounds or All of us are Dead, although I thought that after All of us are Dead and Bloodhounds did just that. Either of you watch Badland Hunters? With the likeable fella from Train to Busan in it.

Sadly not, not enough hours in the day. :(

That Netflix list sounds like mine. :D

• Haha 1

After watching the latest series of true detective and being underwhelmed without offended I thought I’d give series 1 a go as it’s held in such high regard. Honestly I found it to be rather dull. It was well acted and the last 2 episodes I thought were really good but as a series it just didn’t hit the heights I was expecting it to. Pretty disappointing.

6 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

After watching the latest series of true detective and being underwhelmed without offended I thought I’d give series 1 a go as it’s held in such high regard. Honestly I found it to be rather dull. It was well acted and the last 2 episodes I thought were really good but as a series it just didn’t hit the heights I was expecting it to. Pretty disappointing.

Have to agree.

Following many recommendations on here, Mrs. FFF and I began series one. Watched two episodes so far and struggling tbh. Mrs. FFF is ready to bin it off but I'll give it a couple of more episodes.

One thing that grates is the interminable, 'half speed', super laid back and totally unbelievable laconic portrayal of the Rust character.

It gets tedious and predictable.

Invariably, his response to a question will  first be a slow and long draw on his cigarette. You have to hope he's lit it first or else that's something else you have to endure.

He then                will             say                          his    piece

very                 very               and   r e a l l y

slow        ly.

Get on with it!

4 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Have to agree.

Following many recommendations on here, Mrs. FFF and I began series one. Watched two episodes so far and struggling tbh. Mrs. FFF is ready to bin it off but I'll give it a couple of more episodes.

One thing that grates is the interminable, 'half speed', super laid back and totally unbelievable laconic portrayal of the Rust character.

Invariably, his response to a question will  first be a slow and long draw on his cigarette. You have to hope he's lit it first or else that's something else you have to endure.

He then                will             say                          his    piece

slow        ly.

Get on with it!

Once you've seen D'Addario's bangers then you can quit out! 

My memory of S1 is it was decent enough. Not watched any of the others since. 

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Once you've seen D'Addario's bangers then you can quit out! 

My memory of S1 is it was decent enough. Not watched any of the others since. 

Funny you should mention that. At that scene I turned to Mrs. FFF and said 'Nah, too big, prefer yours'.

That said, I felt sorry for the copper being handcuffed so he couldn't get his hands on them.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Have to agree.

slow        ly.

Get on with it!

Each to their own but me and Mrs thought the whole first series 10 out of 10

On 27/02/2024 at 13:07, leicsmac said:

First two episodes of Shogun released on Disney+.

So far, frankly, a faultless adaptation of Clavells epic work.

Feels like Game of Thrones set in Japan (that's a compliment). Really good so far!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Feels like Game of Thrones set in Japan (that's a compliment). Really good so far!

That's what a few people have said too, and I'd agree. I'd also very much recommend the original book on which the show is based.

They've nailed all of the characters so far, especially Rodrigues - and I can understand all the minor changes they've made. Alvito seems a bit younger than I'd imagine him, though. lol

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

That's what a few people have said too, and I'd agree. I'd also very much recommend the original book on which the show is based.

They've nailed all of the characters so far, especially Rodrigues - and I can understand all the minor changes they've made. Alvito seems a bit younger than I'd imagine him, though. lol

Just got the audiobook on Audible as I had a spare credit, now trying to decide whether I start listening to it now or wait until after the tv series is done lol

• Like 1