Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Peltier to.............

I don't understand why peeps are crying over him he is an average RB, he is no Kyle Naughton that is a fact yes I am aware it hs his first season at this level primarily we bought him to be second choice RB behind Pantsil that clearly didn't work out. Liam Rosenior isn't that bad he is a better RB than Pelts so wouldn't mind him here, having said that his comments about our club during the time when NP left were bitter but understandable but surely he can see now about Nick Barmby that it wasn't NP's fault.

Right, first off this may be true or it may just be lazy paper talk.

Assuming it is true then surely we have to trust Pearson's judgement. He has worked with both players so is surely better placed than any of us to judge who he would rather have in his team. If he judges Rosenior To be better than Pelts then that is probably how it is as he should have a pretty good handle on each player's ability.

Like I said, it might not even be true and I really like Pelts but we have to trust Pearson surely?

X

Pearson does rate him cause he was an 'ever present under both Sven and Pearson'

Im not sure he was?

Didn't nige try out SSL at right back a couple of times? or was Pelts injured? not sure..

Even if Pelts was 'ever present' it doesn't mean he doesnt want to replace him.. Pearson prob just felt he had no better options available at the time?

Don't want Rosenior. Not only due to previous situations but pelts is better. The only reason he's been made to look poor is because like someone said, he had no cover for a lot of last season.

After signing De Laet i'd find it unlikely.

Im not sure he was?

Didn't nige try out SSL at right back a couple of times? or was Pelts injured? not sure..

Even if Pelts was 'ever present' it doesn't mean he doesnt want to replace him.. Pearson prob just felt he had no better options available at the time?

He wasn't ever present under either. Injury stopped that under Pearson.

But he did have Pantsil and Moore available to him.

Pelts is better than Rosenior give over... Pelts is a top end league one RB and a lower end championship RB his positional play is piss poor and many times throughout this season was exploited and cost us big time he is the weak link in the defense imo. Getting Rosenior in as well as Da Laet competitng for that RB slot and we are onto a winner as far as I am concerned.

Don't want Rosenior. Not only due to previous situations but pelts is better. The only reason he's been made to look poor is because like someone said, he had no cover for a lot of last season.

After signing De Laet i'd find it unlikely.

I thought Peltier started well then drifted off towards the end of the season, think with a better defence, a better winger he would be good. Didnt think he was that bad at all, beaten a couple of times with balls over his head. Dont think Rosenoir is any better

Well there's two things here that get me about it.

The first, Pearson's managed both, for enough time to decide who's better, so I'll trust his judgment if he prefers Rosenior. It's odd, because Rosenior seems to be a far more lively and attacking player yet Pearson generally tends to favour more solid defenders.

And secondly, what about De Laet? I thought he'd been brought in to play at right back.

Well there's two things here that get me about it.

The first, Pearson's managed both, for enough time to decide who's better, so I'll trust his judgment if he prefers Rosenior. It's odd, because Rosenior seems to be a far more lively and attacking player yet Pearson generally tends to favour more solid defenders.

And secondly, what about De Laet? I thought he'd been brought in to play at right back.

You dont know if any of this has any bite to it

Dont blame Pearson for things that haven't even happened yet

Paintsil also made 94 apperances in the prem!

Yes good point but Rosenior has played 96 times in the champ for both Hull and Reading, so is experienced in both the prem and champ win win situation, and is the right age in the prime of his career, be pleased if we get him imo.

Seems like a waste of money to me, Pelts had a good start but faded probably due to playing too many games. Im sure Rosenior had a trial here a couple of seasons ago but was not given a contract, now we want to pay money for him??

Keep Pelts save the money strenghen elsewhere

Seems like a waste of money to me, Pelts had a good start but faded probably due to playing too many games. Im sure Rosenior had a trial here a couple of seasons ago but was not given a contract, now we want to pay money for him??

Keep Pelts save the money strenghen elsewhere

Not true. Peltier had a good start under Sven when we had no width and the fullbacks barely got forward. Something which I would always discuss, how I would have liked to see them over lapping more, giving us an extra dimension. He was pretty consistant in defense.

Then Nige came in and gave them a more attacking role, something which Konchesky seem to take to. Peltier, however, faded. He was caught out of position a number of times due to him being very slow at getting back.

You dont know if any of this has any bite to it

Dont blame Pearson for things that haven't even happened yet

Do me a favour and read through my post, and highlight every bit of it which I've blamed Pearson.

Just to help you, you've already done.

Not true. Peltier had a good start under Sven when we had no width and the fullbacks barely got forward. Something which I would always discuss, how I would have liked to see them over lapping more, giving us an extra dimension. He was pretty consistant in defense.

Then Nige came in and gave them a more attacking role, something which Konchesky seem to take to. Peltier, however, faded. He was caught out of position a number of times due to him being very slow at getting back.

Completely disagree with a lot of that being honest, I tended to find Peltier bombing down the right under Sven because we actually had even less going down the right wing from midfield than we do with bleeding Gallagher there. Peltier seemed to play far better I thought.

Konchesky has performed IMO, exactly the same for both managers.

I think whoever played right back this year would have big boots to flll after Naughtons season. He started well but faded fast, I would like to see him on the bench though, would be useful as he is very versatile.

Why dont we try and sign Kyle back? I know we are trying to spend less but he is worth it... Norwich cant afford to bring him back either so limited competition

Completely disagree with a lot of that being honest, I tended to find Peltier bombing down the right under Sven because we actually had even less going down the right wing from midfield than we do with bleeding Gallagher there. Peltier seemed to play far better I thought.

Konchesky has performed IMO, exactly the same for both managers.

I found myself so frustrated with Peltier unde Sven, it seemed like he used to stop at the half way line and go no further. I had this discussion with my mates on a few occassions. And the change was almost immediate when Nigel came in. He was supporting the attack so much more. It can't just be coincendence that he started to fade at the same time and more and more people were picking up on him lacking in defense

Archived