Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2012/13

Did the Sky reporter just really ask AVB if had Bale got the penalty if it would have made it a different day? Of course it wouldn't you tool! Spurs still won, Bale getting a penalty wouldn't have effected the Newcastle Arsenal result.

Arsenal fans are getting so much stick for celebrating their Champions League qualification. Perhaps they were over-exuberant but they've just secured their place in the biggest European competition that can be offered. AND simultaneously they've made their rivals play in the second-fiddle European competition. It'll bring much more money in to the club too.

If anything, both clubs' reactions are equivalent. 

Arsenal celebrating CL qualification like mad = Spurs crying as if they've been relegated out of the Football League. 

there only in the last qualif. round...while they might be in it in name....they wont be in the group stages unless they win the qualif. round

im not a Spurs fan....im just looking on the other side of the coin after what happened to us last weekend :(

there only in the last qualif. round...while they might be in it in name....they wont be in the group stages unless they win the qualif. round

im not a Spurs fan....im just looking on the other side of the coin after what happened to us last weekend :(

I know. But the ultimate reality is that they are there. I can understand their celebrations even if they are a bit over the top. I just don't see why they are berated for their relative success and Spurs' emotions seem to be ignored!

Did the Sky reporter just really ask AVB if had Bale got the penalty if it would have made it a different day? Of course it wouldn't you tool! Spurs still won, Bale getting a penalty wouldn't have effected the Newcastle Arsenal result.

News filters through to Newcastle vs Arsenal ---> Nerves kick in ---> Entirely different outcome is possible. 

Arsenal fans celebrating 4th as if their already in the Champions league.....they've only made the last qualfi. round...in that last round there will be some tough teams they've got to beat.

if they dont make it there going to look bloody silly imo

I imagine finishing 5th would've made them look more silly. Then again, they always deliver in the end, don't they?

I know. But the ultimate reality is that they are there. I can understand their celebrations even if they are a bit over the top. I just don't see why they are berated for their relative success and Spurs' emotions seem to be ignored!

well depends what Arsenal turns up I guess; but I'd be shocked if they wasnt there. as for the success part....i think its more of how the mighty have fallen with regards Arsenal....& Spurs....well should be used to falling at the last.

I imagine finishing 5th would've made them look more silly. Then again, they always deliver in the end, don't they?

tbf to Arsenal....they might deliver when they need to to make the bare minimum but when it comes to the crunch with the Arsenal teams of recent times(last few yrs) they tend to fall short....which is a shame given the talent they've had/got.

News filters through to Newcastle vs Arsenal ---> Nerves kick in ---> Entirely different outcome is possible.

Suppose, but having watched Wenger's teams for 16 years they usually perform better when the chips are down. Still think they would have won, Spurs leading wouldn't have changed much.

Well done Arsenal - which round will they go out in this time though.

I bet the Spurs v Sunderland ref is happy his non-award of the penalty didn't matter - mind you Bale does have that reputation.

Sounds like Man U and City need defenders - surely Chelsea will play the West Brom chap (on loan) next season?

tbf to Arsenal....they might deliver when they need to to make the bare minimum but when it comes to the crunch with the Arsenal teams of recent times(last few yrs) they tend to fall short....which is a shame given the talent they've had/got.

The bare minimum?? Are people forgetting what they're up against? Arguably the biggest and richest team in the world and two obscenely rich oil-financed clubs! Finishing fourth with a rather more prudent approach is nothing to be ashamed of and I'd argue that it's close to the optimal they can be expected to achieve.

The bare minimum?? Are people forgetting what they're up against? Arguably the biggest and richest team in the world and two obscenely rich oil-financed clubs! Finishing fourth with a rather more prudent approach is nothing to be ashamed of and I'd argue that it's close to the optimal they can be expected to achieve.

Maybe it's time for them to spend a bit though? It's all very well making a profit but that's not the be all and end all of football. I expect a lot of their fans would swap places with Man City and Chelsea.

Even so, some of the players they sign are just not good enough, they should still be able to attract some quality players, but they're picking some duds to replace the likes of Van Persie and Fabregas. They aren't even entertaining to watch anymore.

Maybe they should focus on winning the FA Cup or something rather than considering 4th place as an achievement.

Valid question I thought.

Would have put more pressure on the Newcastle v Arsenal game bearing in mind it was 0-0 at the time.

In other news, fuck off Man City.

Maybe it's time for them to spend a bit though? It's all very well making a profit but that's not the be all and end all of football. I expect a lot of their fans would swap places with Man City and Chelsea.

Even so, some of the players they sign are just not food enough, they should still be able to attract some quality players, but they're picking some duds to replace the likes of Van Persie and Fabregas. They aren't even entertaining to watch anymore.

Maybe they should focus on winning the FA Cup or something rather than considering 4th place as an achievement.

Maybe they need Zak Whitbread or Patrick Berger?  :ph34r:

i think what Kitchandro said is pretty much well put, while getting in 4th is all good...yes I know theres money and all that...

but who remembers finishing 4th down the line when compared to winning a piece of silverware.

The reason Arsenal are seen as underachieving is their disregard for the domestic cups. Considering their size, squad, history and staff, if they only aim at 4th in the league they should have more than enough to challenge very strongly for a Cup every year. If they are happy exiting the Cups early then they should be levelling much better title challenges.

He is only on loan.

Plus, West Brom are probably the best Midlands club currently.

They won't be next season! 

Anyway I was listening to five live and once again I get sick of hearing the amount of rubbish Robbie Savage talks, yet if you watch the webcam on five live he seems to laugh off interesting comments from the public. I mean somebody texted in saying Spurs could win the premier league next season and he laughed! To be honest I think Spurs do have a good chance of winning the premier league next season, if they can keep Bale then i think there just two players short of causing problems for the top four and actually lifting the premier league next season.

If Bale leaves then I can see them going in the opposite direction, it just shows how class and fragile he is there. Next season is going be very tight at the top, as Man U will have new boss, Chelsea will have a new boss, Liverpool will look stronger next season, Man City will have a new boss, plus Arsenal for me are bit by bit every season are starting to get weaker. I tempted to put money on Spurs winning the title.

I think Villa will have a better season next term, not quite top four but maybe top ten.

The reason Arsenal are seen as underachieving is their disregard for the domestic cups. Considering their size, squad, history and staff, if they only aim at 4th in the league they should have more than enough to challenge very strongly for a Cup every year. If they are happy exiting the Cups early then they should be levelling much better title challenges.

Exactly, a major factor in them finishing strongly most years is being out of the cups by mid-March, so they have midweeks off whilst their challengers tend to be heading around Europe for matches.

Apart from Spurs last year, who had few distractions and blew up.

Anyway I was listening to five live and once again I get sick of hearing the amount of rubbish Robbie Savage talks, yet if you watch the webcam on five live he seems to laugh off interesting comments from the public. I mean somebody texted in saying Spurs could win the premier league next season and he laughed! To be honest I think Spurs do have a good chance of winning the premier league next season, if they can keep Bale then i think there just two players short of causing problems for the top four and actually lifting the premier league next season.

If Bale leaves then I can see them going in the opposite direction, it just shows how class and fragile he is there. Next season is going be very tight at the top, as Man U will have new boss, Chelsea will have a new boss, Liverpool will look stronger next season, Man City will have a new boss, plus Arsenal for me are bit by bit every season are starting to get weaker. I tempted to put money on Spurs winning the title.

I think Villa will have a better season next term, not quite top four but maybe top ten.

To be fair, Savage took a lot of stick after the first game of the season when he said Villa would be in a relegation battle. They were, as we saw. Can't see Spurs winning the league personally, especially with how Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea spend money.

To be fair, Savage took a lot of stick after the first game of the season when he said Villa would be in a relegation battle. They were, as we saw. Can't see Spurs winning the league personally, especially with how Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea spend money.

To be honest I can't see Moyes winning the premier league straight away, this guy Man City are after at Malaga for me doesn't seem the right choice. I think they need somebody with experience of winning the premier league, I think they should try and beat Chelsea to the signature of Mourihno i think he would do better at City than he would returning to Chelsea.

He was right to laugh them off, Tottenham will not win the Premier League next season.

Archived