Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spiritwalker

Where's Zak Whitbread ?

if he didnt play Saturday he must surely take some part in this weeks 3 friendlies or weve signed a crock

He was a free agent for a while, so he's behind on his fitness and needs to catch up before he can be involved in matches. It's not weird that he's not being picked to play friendlies yet.

I doubt we'd have signed him if his injuries were too prohibitive - NP is not one to take chances so even of he doesn't feature in the pre-season friendlies it doesn't mean he can't be an important player for us. Too many people are shitting themselves and writing him off cuz he hasn't played for us in the 1 week he's been a Leicester player. Get a bloody grip!

is it too much to expect a couple of appearances (to familiarise playing alongside Wes) prior to the season starting shortly

It is if he's way behind the rest of the squad with pre-season training. After the squad return from post season holidays, they have to do weeks of intensive fitness training before they're ready for matches. ZW hasn't even been here a fortnight, and he was without a club before we signed him, so I wouldn't expect him to be match fit yet. Don't worry - if he's injured, we'll hear about it.

Considering previous threads he's either:

A) died in a car crash.

B) nutted NP and refusing to play against Kettering

C) got himself injured passing Tunch who'd popped back in to collect his personal crutches.

** delete as appropriate

I think we as a group should set ourselves up as special advisers to Leicester city in general and Nigel Pearson in particular. That way we could have a say as to when and if Whitbread is ready for his first match and when and if Wellens ever plays again.

It was interesting to hear Pearson in his post match interview say that once Zak is fit enough to play, Pearson hopes 'he would stay in the side for the rest of the season'.

Did anyone else catch that?

I've heard he's been injured for a while.

Not very good man management from bully boy Pearson. Wonder what our other CBs will make of that statement?

Let's be honest we are looking at 8-10th in the league with the current management team, which wont help to improve team spirit when he comes out and says Zak will be first choice.

I sense trouble and squad unrest ahead!

You win promotion and trophies be creating good competition within the squad where every player feels if he works hard he will get his chance.

But by NP saying he will go with Morgan and Zak he has already destroyed other players chances of making the team.

Not very good man management from bully boy Pearson. Wonder what our other CBs will make of that statement?

Let's be honest we are looking at 8-10th in the league with the current management team, which wont help to improve team spirit when he comes out and says Zak will be first choice.

You win promotion and trophies be creating good competition within the squad where every player feels if he works hard he will get his chance.

But by NP saying he will go with Morgan and Zak he has already destroyed other players chances of making the team.

Well aren't you a little ray of sunshine.

It was interesting to hear Pearson in his post match interview say that once Zak is fit enough to play, Pearson hopes 'he would stay in the side for the rest of the season'.

Did anyone else catch that?

Yes Col, post match Stringer interview heard it on way home! NP doesn't think he's ready fitness wise obviously,however the comment about when he is making the position his own shows what NP thinks of the guy and backs up what a lot of Norwich fans said. Would guess the plan is to get the fitness right and hopefully cut down on the niggling injuries.

If you'd actually heard what he said, and what he meant by it, then you wouldn't need to go off on a "rant" based on pretty much nothing.

Pearson said what Col city fan put. What he meant was that he hopes Whitbread's performances were so good he would be in the team every week, so personally is doing well and therefore the team is doing well. He didn't say "when he's fit he's straight in and will never be dropped no matter how bad he is", Pearson hopes his performances are consistent enough and good enough to not be dropped.

If you'd actually heard what he said, and what he meant by it, then you wouldn't need to go off on a "rant" based on pretty much nothing.

Pearson said what Col city fan put. What he meant was that he hopes Whitbread's performances were so good he would be in the team every week, so personally is doing well and therefore the team is doing well. He didn't say "when he's fit he's straight in and will never be dropped no matter how bad he is", Pearson hopes his performances are consistent enough and good enough to not be dropped.

That's how I heard it too :thumbup:

Zzzzzzzzzz.

Archived