Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluebird_in_Peace

Anthony Gerrard Cardiff to Leicester

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me posting on here, as my name states, I'm not after or looking to cause any trouble. Just wanted to see if you guys and girls were happy with your imminent signing of Anthony Gerrard?

All the talk down here is that a fee of around £500k has been agreed and he's all set to make the move.

Personally, despite being a decent defender, I can't wait for him to go and that is the view of probably 80% of the Cardiff fans I'd guesstimate. He's a decent player but my god has he got an attitude and think far too much of himself. Regularly gets into some major twitter arguements with our fans and despite being a bit of a joker, he's mainly arrogant and not needed in our squad.

There's been rumours of an altercation between him and Malky after he apparently went out celebrating with his cousin and other Liverpool players after the Carling Cup Final.

Anyway, I like it when fans of other clubs are willing to answer questions about a new player so I'm happy to try and give you as balanced opinion on him as I can if anyone does have any questions???

He can defend to be fair. Has a major lack of pace but he's very good in the air and wears his heart on his sleeve.

Same as every centre back Pearson signs then one dimensional. He seems to only sign center backs that he sees himself in, but footballs moved on and more is expected of the back four than during the 80's/90's.

Hi,

Hope you don't mind me posting on here, as my name states, I'm not after or looking to cause any trouble. Just wanted to see if you guys and girls were happy with your imminent signing of Anthony Gerrard?

All the talk down here is that a fee of around £500k has been agreed and he's all set to make the move.

Personally, despite being a decent defender, I can't wait for him to go and that is the view of probably 80% of the Cardiff fans I'd guesstimate. He's a decent player but my god has he got an attitude and think far too much of himself. Regularly gets into some major twitter arguements with our fans and despite being a bit of a joker, he's mainly arrogant and not needed in our squad.

There's been rumours of an altercation between him and Malky after he apparently went out celebrating with his cousin and other Liverpool players after the Carling Cup Final.

Anyway, I like it when fans of other clubs are willing to answer questions about a new player so I'm happy to try and give you as balanced opinion on him as I can if anyone does have any questions???

As far as his ability and price are concerned, most of us are happy with it. We've also heard that he's a bit of a cocky tw*t, and if he carries that on at Leicester, he won't last too long with Pearson in charge. I'm sure he knows that having worked with Pearson before. We'll just have to wait and see how he behaves when he's here

If he has an attitude then NP will kick him out the door faster than you can say supercalafragalisticexpialadocious

Having worked with him before, can't see NP getting him in if he thought he was going to get a problem with his attitude. As others have pointed out, he's only needed for cover so he doesn't have to be better than adequate.

I hope he doesn't have a bad attitude, he'd be trying to squeeze into a defence that contains the club captain, a player who was first team PL last season (albeit injury prone) and a full international (albeit a poor performance on the european stage). We'd look strong, but I hope there isn't more clash of character bull shlt!

Decent player for the alleged price, ample back-up and good enough to exert some pressure on the other defenders. Bit of an ugly c unt as-well which is what we needed as the team was starting to look a tad sexy. I've always said there needs to be a balance between good looking / ugly and straight / gay and Pearson is doing the business

Same as every centre back Pearson signs then one dimensional. He seems to only sign center backs that he sees himself in, but footballs moved on and more is expected of the back four than during the 80's/90's.

Oh yeah

Like James Chester ?

Archived