Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluebird_in_Peace

Anthony Gerrard Cardiff to Leicester

Who are the other big guns then? Obviously Beckford, I'm guessing Konch who they'd let go and maybe Danns, Nuge and Kasper who are on the wedge but they'd rather keep. Or was it a big pay day free for all for the likes of King and Wellens as well?!

doubt Kasper is on huge money he came from Leeds after all, Konch will be on big money though having come from Liverpool and been a prem regular for about 10 years

You're giving players time to prove their worth in a City shirt before you begin demonising them?!

How generous and rational of you. What a turd.

No point calling me a turd, people should know what I am like on some players by now.

Don't rate De Laet, didn't think we need James and we certainly can do a lot better than Gerrard.

Fook Gerrard absolutely fook him, he makes me cringe nearly as bad as Mills, absolute bighead of a player, hate players like that, he is just one of those bigheaded Liverpudlians, enough of them about to make a whole flaming team.

doubt Kasper is on huge money he came from Leeds after all, Konch will be on big money though having come from Liverpool and been a prem regular for about 10 years

Kasper is on a decent whack.

You're giving players time to prove their worth in a City shirt before you begin demonising them?!

Beat me to it. "I've decided to give De Laet and James a chance" - WTF?! So Kingfox has decided to wait until he's actually seen these boys play before he writes them off? You couldn't make it up.

The only thing I can think to say is 'WOW' - which stands for 'willy puller or WUM'?

Beat me to it. "I've decided to give De Laet and James a chance" - WTF?! So Kingfox has decided to wait until he's actually seen these boys play before he writes them off? You couldn't make it up.

The only thing I can think to say is 'WOW' - which stands for 'willy puller or WUM'?

I am no WUM look at my previous comments on my profile months ago, which proves I am no WUM.

I just don't rate De Laet, don't think James is the type of player we need, and Anthony Gerrard is just an absolutely knob.

Also as some know, Drinkwater is overrated and Waghorn should of been sold months ago.

Rest I am happy with.

I just don't rate De Laet, don't think James is the type of player we need, and Anthony Gerrard is just an absolutely knob.

I just do not know how you can be writing these guys off before they've even made appearance number 1 in a City shirt? Even the most critical fans will give them 10 games - you haven't even given them 10 minutes before making your judgement!

I don't care what these guys have done before now, I'm only interested in how they perform for City. Also, people seem to be taking it as gospel that Gerrard is a willy puller and that's based on very little evidence other than he went drinking with his cousin after the cup final. Hardly Joey Barton territory is it?

You have your opinion but its based purely on supposition because I doubt you've seen any of these players on more than a handful of occasions and never for City.

Agree with you regarding DD though! Although I expect him to be stronger this season.

I just do not know how you can be writing these guys off before they've even made appearance number 1 in a City shirt? Even the most critical fans will give them 10 games - you haven't even given them 10 minutes before making your judgement!

I don't care what these guys have done before now, I'm only interested in how they perform for City. Also, people seem to be taking it as gospel that Gerrard is a willy puller and that's based on very little evidence other than he went drinking with his cousin after the cup final. Hardly Joey Barton territory is it?

You have your opinion but its based purely on supposition because I doubt you've seen any of these players on more than a handful of occasions and never for City.

Agree with you regarding DD though! Although I expect him to be stronger this season.

I am just nervous aboout De Laet being first choice, if he was to start at left-back or centre-back I would be incredibly nervous going by his time at Norwich last season he seemed to start well then struggle until he got injured, then he got put to the bench. He can be a liability but at right-back he seems to prefer that position, but I just have a feeling that he may do a Peltier start well then go down hill.

Gerrard is a knob plain and simple, we have just basically brought Matt Mills all over again if the deal gets complete, but for a much cheaper price. Overrated, big headed, aggressive and a absolute knob off the pitch. Toffee Fox posted about we can only manage getting in cheaper players so nobody like Berra or Chester which is fair enough, but Gerrard is only 4th choice at Cardiff, he is a player who will want to start not be fourth choice all over again, and with the attitude surrounding him he will become frustrated like Mills and St Ledger did and cause unrest. I think we could of opted for better options than Gerrard, someone like Fontaine would of been good, or a young Premier League loan signing like Craig Dawson like so many have mentioned.

Drinkwater is overrated, he had some horrible loan spells prior to Barnsley, he can play well sometimes, but he is more bad than good, start him this season he will get destroyed by players such as Dickson Etuhu, Darren Pratley and any of the Wolves central midfielders plus many more like Trotter, Dikgacoi etc...

If he wasnt Gerrards cousin he wouldnt have gone. Thats the difference.

??????

Difference or not, it's massively disrespectful.

Imagine you're at work and by some daft chance, your company and a rival company have a big head to head on something, fvck knows what. lol (Shocking analogy this I admit) but anyway your work loses it, but one of your team still goes out celebrating with the opposition company because one of them is their cousin, even though that particular person made the key mistake in costing you.

I can fully understand the Cardiff fans' frustration, it's a huge disrespect especially considering A.Gerrard actually missed the vital penalty.

Tbh yes.

Guy is rubbish, why buy a Cardiff City fourth choice centre back, just to make him our fourth choice centre back just doesn't make sense.

If he is gonna be fourth choice, he will just get frustrated and kick up a fuss like Mills did, he is exactly like Mills a massive bighead.

At least if he went to Millwall or Bristol City he would get a game.

If we start Morgan and Gerrard god help us.

lol

Name which three centre halves Cardiff used more than him last year.

Yeh, god help us, how would we possibly cope having two players who've both received season awards at this level before, how could we cope having defenders bought by a manager who's only ever built a solid defence for us.

Do you do it deliberately?

lol Saved me the effort. What a laughable "fan"

I am just nervous aboout De Laet being first choice, if he was to start at left-back or centre-back I would be incredibly nervous going by his time at Norwich last season he seemed to start well then struggle until he got injured, then he got put to the bench. He can be a liability but at right-back he seems to prefer that position, but I just have a feeling that he may do a Peltier start well then go down hill.

Gerrard is a knob plain and simple, we have just basically brought Matt Mills all over again if the deal gets complete, but for a much cheaper price. Overrated, big headed, aggressive and a absolute knob off the pitch. Toffee Fox posted about we can only manage getting in cheaper players so nobody like Berra or Chester which is fair enough, but Gerrard is only 4th choice at Cardiff, he is a player who will want to start not be fourth choice all over again, and with the attitude surrounding him he will become frustrated like Mills and St Ledger did and cause unrest. I think we could of opted for better options than Gerrard, someone like Fontaine would of been good, or a young Premier League loan signing like Craig Dawson like so many have mentioned.

Drinkwater is overrated, he had some horrible loan spells prior to Barnsley, he can play well sometimes, but he is more bad than good, start him this season he will get destroyed by players such as Dickson Etuhu, Darren Pratley and any of the Wolves central midfielders plus many more like Trotter, Dikgacoi etc...

If Gerrard was AT ALL like Mills there's no way Pearson would sign him, he knows him well from his time at Hull, how people can not have faith in a signing that the manager's had before is well and truly beyond me.

Yeh, Drinkwater would get dicked by those midfielders? So maybe that's why we've bought a more defensive one for those games like James?

I'm absolutely adamant you want us to fail.

£500K is a snippet for a good championship defender when you see for example the likes of Keogh go to Dierby for a 1m when he was relegation fodder for Coventry likewise with Shackell 1.5m for a defender thats team finished mid table so putting it in perspective we have got a good deal , he will provide us with depth in the centre of defense for a long arduous season.

How do you profess to know so much about all the players you are talking about?

Eg Gerrard? How do you know that he is 'Matt Mills 2'?

You are either pretty much in the know or making most of it up?

I suggest what you are trying to say us that, in your opinion, we haven't made any quality signings in the summer.... Is that what you are trying to say? Because believe me, how you come across over the past few pages is as a bloke who is not willing to give any of them a chance. As Dan says, you seem to just want us to fail.

Guy is rubbish, why buy a Cardiff City fourth choice centre back, just to make him our fourth choice centre back just doesn't make sense.

Why doesn't it make sense? It makes perfect sense to me. If you go out and buy someones first choice CB they are likely to want to be first choice centre back. Premier league teams will want loan youngsters to be getting game time, you also could face the problem of having to replace them several times during the year.

If Pearson knows the Gerrard is willing to be a team/squad player without kicking up a fuss (and lets face it he's more qualified than you on that subject due to working with him already) then it's exactly the right sort of signing.

You seem to know a lot about players who you actually know little about.

How do you profess to know so much about all the players you are talking about?

Eg Gerrard? How do you know that he is 'Matt Mills 2'?

You are either pretty much in the know or making most of it up?

I suggest what you are trying to say us that, in your opinion, we haven't made any quality signings in the summer.... Is that what you are trying to say? Because believe me, how you come across over the past few pages is as a bloke who is not willing to give any of them a chance. As Dan says, you seem to just want us to fail.

:yesyes:

All your points are pretty much invalid because

a) The season hasn't started yet and you're simply scare-mongering about what could be when we don't even know what is.

b) You make assumptions on some of the players' attitude (the ones you don't like), simply because you don't like them. Whether they really have an attitude issue or not is unimportant (see point a) for further information).

There are just about as many players who just put on a different face on the pitch when they're totally normal or even shy in real life. Gerrard might be a "knob", but he's a "knob" who already knows what it's like to work under Pearson.

Besides, he may have been fourth choice at Cardiff, but played 1st choice at Hull, where he won POTY award ahead of Koren. Can't be that shit, can he? Also, he hasn't even signed yet (officially)!

I, for my part, are somewhat excited about the upcoming season.

We're still favourites to some, but the team isn't perceived as overly star-studded as it was under Eriksson, which should allow us to fly under the radar for quite some time.

All your points are pretty much invalid because

a) The season hasn't started yet and you're simply scare-mongering about what could be when we don't even know what is.

b) You make assumptions on some of the players' attitude (the ones you don't like), simply because you don't like them. Whether they really have an attitude issue or not is unimportant (see point a) for further information).

There are just about as many players who just put on a different face on the pitch when they're totally normal or even shy in real life. Gerrard might be a "knob", but he's a "knob" who already knows what it's like to work under Pearson.

Besides, he may have been fourth choice at Cardiff, but played 1st choice at Hull, where he won POTY award ahead of Koren. Can't be that shit, can he? Also, he hasn't even signed yet (officially)!

I, for my part, are somewhat excited about the upcoming season.

We're still favourites to some, but the team isn't perceived as overly star-studded as it was under Eriksson, which should allow us to fly under the radar for quite some time.

Good post this IMO

However, I hold my hands up and have to say personally I have no idea how we are going to do this season. I'm neither optimistic nor negative cos I simply do not know enough about our new players to make any sort of judgement.

The new season is exciting for me exactly because I'm looking forward to seeing the new lads play.

Why doesn't it make sense? It makes perfect sense to me. If you go out and buy someones first choice CB they are likely to want to be first choice centre back. Premier league teams will want loan youngsters to be getting game time, you also could face the problem of having to replace them several times during the year.

If Pearson knows the Gerrard is willing to be a team/squad player without kicking up a fuss (and lets face it he's more qualified than you on that subject due to working with him already) then it's exactly the right sort of signing.

You seem to know a lot about players who you actually know little about.

Good post and totally hit the nail on the head. Cardiff's 1st choice CB wouldn't be happy coming here as 4th choice. Decent signing imo

Archived