Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluebird_in_Peace

Anthony Gerrard Cardiff to Leicester

Never really rated Anthony Gerrard, but his loan spell under Pearson at Hull sounded good. Pearson knows him and what he is like, that can only be a good thing. I'd rather us go for a loan player so the youngers arn't pushed back even further, but if Pearson thinks we need this signing then I'll back him/it, because Pearson's knowledge of defending, and ability to defend himself, will always be better than mine.

I just worry about the pace issue though.

Same as every centre back Pearson signs then one dimensional. He seems to only sign center backs that he sees himself in, but footballs moved on and more is expected of the back four than during the 80's/90's.

I can't see anything wrong with signing a central defender in the Pearson-mould. I'd rather our centre halfs launch it, instead of trying to beat opposition players in defence, like Bamba tried too. I agree it's good to see defenders bring the ball out of defence, but I usually only see that on tv when teams like Brazil play. Most defenders in our league, the Premier League, and most English defenders will launch the ball clear when required.

Decent signing. Reliable centre back. My take on the ball playing centre back issue is that we got to the play offs with brown and Hobbs at centre back neither of which are "ball players". If our back 4 keeps clean sheets we have a good chance of winning games with the likes of nugent, vardy, Beckford and king in the squad who all are capable of scoring goals!

http://bit.ly/NTuXSN

Pretty much 99.9% sure you guys have had a bid accepted for him, around the 450k mark, Cardiff sources have confirmed to my Cardiff colleague they have accepted a bid.

Personally as a Hull City fan i am a bit jealous, you don't win player of the season ahead of Robert Koren that easily. He was sensational in his season here for us, i know your not a big fan of our club, but is a great centre half at this level. He was unlucky not to come back to us, but with Hobbs and Chester we didn't and still don't probably have the money to go and spend on a third centre half.

Either way he is a good signing for you guys.

http://bit.ly/NTuXSN

Pretty much 99.9% sure you guys have had a bid accepted for him, around the 450k mark, Cardiff sources have confirmed to my Cardiff colleague they have accepted a bid.

Personally as a Hull City fan i am a bit jealous, you don't win player of the season ahead of Robert Koren that easily. He was sensational in his season here for us, i know your not a big fan of our club, but is a great centre half at this level. He was unlucky not to come back to us, but with Hobbs and Chester we didn't and still don't probably have the money to go and spend on a third centre half.

Either way he is a good signing for you guys.

Is Koren still available or has he signed a new contract with your team?

Happy with this, obviously didn't work well at Cardiff, but he was one of Hull's stand out players when Nigel worked with him before, he wouldn't have signed with him if he wasn't confident in his ability or personallity. Reckon he'll be a good player to come in if Whitbread has any injury problems, as long as he doesn't mind fighting for his place. Not exactly a big fee either, decent bit of business hopefully.

From browsing over the Cardiff City forums they do actually rate him, but for whatever reason he hasn't managed to break into the team on a consistent basis, his attitude has been questioned because he went on the jolly with his cousin Stevie G after the Carling Cup Final.

Archived