Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Danny Higginbotham (Signing?)

Not many players of Higginbottom's experience available, that is prepared to come along for a month, be able to slot in and be effective. Good for all parties if it comes off. Higginbottom gets some game time, we get some experienced cover.

I should think that signing Higginbotham will mean that Tom Kennedy and Cian Bolger will be on their way out now. Higginbotham is a left back as well as a left-sided centre back - and so will probably cover for Konch when Whitbread is fit (so no further need for Kennedy, who has been looking for a move for a while now - and we know Peterborough are interested). And another centre back will mean Nige will probably ship out one of the young reserves - Tom Parkes and Liam Moore look good (and have been succesfully tried in the First Team recently) - so the 'other' young centre-back (Bolger) will probably go soon. I read this week that McGhee was apparently keen on taking either Bolger or Parkes back to Brizzle Rovers for the start of this season - on a permanent deal (after their successful loan last season) - I would guess that Bolger is the most likely.

IF Moore's injury (fractured cheek, possibly) will keep him out for a while, then it was all the more vital to get someone in on loan quick.

Got to say, love the way Nige does his business, not even a sniff from anyone about us signing him.

Actually, someone DID post on FT that Higginbotham was coming, a few weeks ago - can't be bothered to trail through all the posts, but it was definitely there.

I would think that all the talk about Gerrard coming as cover for Whitbread, was all rubbish. It's clear that Nige was certainly looking for a LEFT-sided defender (which of course Whitbread is) - Gerrard is one of the most right-sided players I've seen. We've got Moore, Parkes, De Laet, Bolger and SSL (who would only have been cover for Whitbread in the short-term) who are all right-sided (as is Morgan, of course) - no one (other than Taft, who apparently has looked very dodgy in the centre of defence) who is a natural left-sided centre back - I guess Nige has been scouring the market for one as a loan.

Actually, someone DID post on FT that Higginbotham was coming, a few weeks ago - can't be bothered to trail through all the posts, but it was definitely there.

I doubt that. I really don't think that's true. I think more would have been made of it. I hadn't seen one mention of DH on here before yesterday.

I doubt that. I really don't think that's true. I think more would have been made of it. I hadn't seen one mention of DH on here before yesterday.

As you doubt me, I'll now have to have a trawl through all the posts on TT this summer ! Perhaps someone else might also have seen it / know where it is - and save me some time ?! If it helps, one thing I CAN remember, was that whoever posted it, named Higginbotham and Ricardo Fuller as 2 Stoke players City were interested in - I think a Stoke fan, posting on FT, saying it had been rumoured at the Britannia, that we were keen on both players (if I remember right, in one of the 'original' 131 Twitter Link pages !).

EDIT - No, I can't be bothered trawling through 130+ Twitter Link pages (if someone else knows - great !). You'll just have to believe me, Raw Dykes !

As you doubt me, I'll now have to have a trawl through all the posts on TT this summer ! Perhaps someone else might also have seen it / know where it is - and save me some time ?! If it helps, one thing I CAN remember, was that whoever posted it, named Higginbotham and Ricardo Fuller as 2 Stoke players City were interested in - I think a Stoke fan, posting on FT, saying it had been rumoured at the Britannia, that we were keen on both players (if I remember right, in one of the 131 Twitter Link pages !).

EDIT - No, I can't be bothered trawling through 130+ Twitter Link pages (if someone else knows - great !). You'll just have to believe me, Raw Dykes !

You are right - it was an alledged Stoke fan ITK - I think it was 3 players we were linked with Fuller, Higginbottom and Glenn Whelan.

I would think that all the talk about Gerrard coming as cover for Whitbread, was all rubbish. It's clear that Nige was certainly looking for a LEFT-sided defender (which of course Whitbread is) - Gerrard is one of the most right-sided players I've seen. We've got Moore, Parkes, De Laet, Bolger and SSL (who would only have been cover for Whitbread in the short-term) who are all right-sided (as is Morgan, of course) - no one (other than Taft, who apparently has looked very dodgy in the centre of defence) who is a natural left-sided centre back - I guess Nige has been scouring the market for one as a loan.

Yeah it was about a month ago it was reported that we were in for fuller, Shotton and higginbotham

As you doubt me, I'll now have to have a trawl through all the posts on TT this summer ! Perhaps someone else might also have seen it / know where it is - and save me some time ?! If it helps, one thing I CAN remember, was that whoever posted it, named Higginbotham and Ricardo Fuller as 2 Stoke players City were interested in - I think a Stoke fan, posting on FT, saying it had been rumoured at the Britannia, that we were keen on both players (if I remember right, in one of the 'original' 131 Twitter Link pages !).

I remember seeing it about a month ago, on a Twitter Link page. It was a Stoke fan ITK, who had heard that we were interested in Higginbotham, Fuller and one other, who I can't remember!

Archived