Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Jay Spearing

Pearson tried to sign Danns at Hull. But Danns chose us over them. So Pearson must rate him. We need someone like Spearing for away games. Sitting just infront of the back 4. Wouldn't concede as much

Thing is though, isn't his preferred position where Stevie G plays?

I think Spearing is a cracking player. He grafts, loves a tackle and distributes the ball brilliantly. I think we would massively benefit from having him at city. Whether we could get him or not I don't know but he'd be the first name on the team sheet for me. Also I see somebody mentioned Richie Wellens. I think he's past it personally. A few games I seen lat season where he looked really leggy and struggles to keep up with the game. Not a player who will help take us forward in my opinion. Nothing against him, he's served us well. Just think his times up

I think he would come here & we could probably get him for around £2 million. Sell Danns & Wellens when fit & that pretty much recoups the Spearing transfer fee. Get it done Nige

Just to repeat, there is no way we are signing Jay Spearing.

lighten up theres a good player we are being linked with

a very tentative link - more likely lazy journalism.

I just can't see a young 'big club' player who is getting some starts under a new manager, dropping down to the Championship, as much as I would love him here.

This would be an excellent signing.

He didn't half liven up our midfield last time he was here, a real livewire who broke up attacks and initiated ours almost at will.

Too good to be true surely.

My mate met him Jay Spearing on holiday in the summer... I've seen the photo and all that, it's true!

Anyway, my mate said 'oh yeah Spearing said he liked Leicester, the club, the fans, the ground etc'. I don't know whether that was made up just to make me feel good though lol

Paper talk about Dempsey leads to a paper suggesting Spearing maybe sold.

A Foxes fan remembers he spent a few weeks with us on loan and mentions his availability on here.

A few people suggest he would be a good signing.

A lazy journo picks up on it from here and writes some half cocked bollocks based on nothing more than fan talk.

This fuels the rumour even more and so the vicious bullshit circle perpetuates.....

p.s. His agent probably loves it!

How do you know he is on huge wages?

Someone claimed earlier that Schlupp was on 10k a week, fleckney pointed out that he lives in a bedsit in Milton Keynes.

I doubt he is on 10k my guess would be that he's on about 5-6k a week!?

And if jay spearing was to happen which I doubt it will then why don't we just release Wellens instead of selling one of our better centre mids in Danns!?

I doubt he is on 10k my guess would be that he's on about 5-6k a week!?

And if jay spearing was to happen which I doubt it will then why don't we just release Wellens instead of selling one of our better centre mids in Danns!?

I agree there would be no real need to sell Danns, releasing Wellens would cost us a huge amount of money.

Archived