Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Vardy's Abuse On Twatter

If your in the spotlight and on twitter, surely you should expect some abuse?

They dont have to be on twitter!

There's banter & abuse which he said he's fine with, but keep going on about people's family & daughter isn't the same thing.

and because you choose to use something for its primary purpose it doesn't mean you have to tolerate stuff that goes beyond banter and normal abuse

Makes me laugh that people blame twitter. Its the people, not the thing itself. People are morons in real life too, but you don't go...society? why bother?

because people don't come into your front room or walk behind you in the street and keep repeating they hope your daughter dies of aids and such like

People are morons in real life too... but strangely even morons are able to judge what goes too far in real life

There's banter & abuse which he said he's fine with, but keep going on about people's family & daughter isn't the same thing.

and because you choose to use something for its primary purpose it doesn't mean you have to tolerate stuff that goes beyond banter and normal abuse

Does Twitter have a purpose? lol

Guest BlueBrett
why cheat if you think you are as good as you are[/color]]

Love this one. Syntax is so muddled I just can't stop reading it. Almost sounds like a motivational speech to me now.."you can be as good as you want to be Jamie..you just have to believe!"

Bang on.

If that's what people think Twitter is about then they are missing the point completely. I use it regularly. It's as normal a method of accessing the news as is reading a newspaper or sticking the news channel on these days. It's great for me in my line of work because it offers an easy way of building up a network of fellow professionals who can share news and other articles, and is also an excellent platform for debate if used correctly.

I've no idea why a person would want to use Twitter to read the inane ramblings of some celebrity or another, or to keep up to date on the latest football transfer rumours. But as a means of accessing news and professional (or otherwise should you choose) networks it really is quite brilliant. For what it's worth I've never once read a tweet detailing what a person is up to in the way of Facebook status updates, but then I choose not follow people who post such nonsense.

To write something off because you either don't understand how to use it to its potential, or because you simply have no personal use for it, is a bit silly. I don't like peanut butter but I'm sure the stuff has its uses.

Never seen such a long response to 2 words!

I think if Blackpool had been awarded a penalty in exactly the same circumstances, many of our fans would also be using the word cheat. However, I would like to think our comments would not be so vile.

Very similar to the disgusting abuse Gally got from our fans.

A STRIKER who fired Fleetwood Town to promotion has hit out after receiving “below the belt†internet abuse following new club Leicester City’s victory against Blackpool FC.

Former Cod Army striker Jamie Vardy was targeted by Seasiders fans following Saturday’s game on social networking site Twitter.

Two Pool supporters tweeted the striker - who won Leicester a controversial penalty which secured them a 1-0 victory - singling him and his family out.

One of the pair, who said he had a season ticket at Bloomfield Road, later deleted the tweet and apologised profusely to Vardy.

The incident came just a month after a so-called Twitter troll was arrested for abusing Olympic diver Tom Daley, and just like the bronze medal-winner Vardy used his own Twitter page to hit back at his abusers.

The striker, who was the undisputed hero of Town’s promotion winning campaign last season, said: “I can take abuse from fans but saying you hope my family and daughter dies...â€

And he added: “Can take the abuse and banter, bringing my family into it is absolutely below the belt.†Today, the abuse was widely condemned by Blackpool fans.

Glenn Bowley, chairman of the Blackpool Supporters Association, said: “The content of some of the tweets directed towards the Leicester City forward are distasteful and do not represent the views of the Blackpool Supporters.

“Football is a passionate and frustrating game at times but to make such sickening remarks and comments about an opposing player’s family is beyond the pale.

“Those guilty of sending such vile messages via social media should really consider their actions and think about whether they would like to receive such unpleasant tweets.â€

Supporters also used the internet to hit out at the abusers, with fans voicing their disapproval on the social-networking site and on fans website avftt.com.

Tom Daley was the victim of abuse after missing out on a medal with partner Pete Waterfield at London 2012.

Teenager Reece Messer tweeted : “You let your dad down, I hope you know thatâ€, a cruel reference to Daley’s father, who died in May last year following a battle with cancer.

Messer, 17, received a formal warning for harassment.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/vardy-anger-at-twitter-abusers-1-4890738

People take that twitter shite way too seriously

:unsure: It's that attitude that puts people like the Tom Daley twitter troll into prison. There is a massive misconception that 'it's only twitter'.

This, thankfully, isn't on that scale though.

:unsure: It's that attitude that puts people like the Tom Daley twitter troll into prison. There is a massive misconception that 'it's only twitter'.

You mean the Fabrice Muamba Twitter troll.

The scumbag who mocked Daley, and threatened those complained, escaped with a caution from the police.

This, thankfully, isn't on that scale though.

Isn't it? all that Tom Daley troll said was 'I hope you know you've let your dad down', whereas one of the posts on the first page says '@vardy7 You ****ing diving ****, I hope everyone associated with you dies of aids. It's ****ing sport pal, why the need to cheat?? Dickhead'

I'd say this goes a damn sight further. Perhaps because he's not a sports personality, no-one cares as much.

Isn't it? all that Tom Daley troll said was 'I hope you know you've let your dad down', whereas one of the posts on the first page says '@vardy7 You ****ing diving ****, I hope everyone associated with you dies of aids. It's ****ing sport pal, why the need to cheat?? Dickhead'

I'd say this goes a damn sight further. Perhaps because he's not a sports personality, no-one cares as much.

Well no, his Dad actually died, where as, while what has been said about Vardy and his family is horrible it isn't the same as abusing someone about something traumatic that actually happened.

Holloways moaning has took the attention of our win. Didn't want any bad press for his boys so he's tried deflecting it which he is good at.

He's such a bald cnut it's unreal. He was moaning at the end of the match that there wasn't enough added time, well... where did 5 minutes come from in the first place?!?!

FCUK OFF HOLLOWAY HOLLOWAY, FCUK OFF HOLLOWAY NA NA NA ANA ANA A

Vardy denies a spot of cheating

JAMIE Vardy has hit back at Ian Holloway’s claims he dived to secure Leicester’s match-winning penalty on Saturday.

The Foxes’ £1m summer signing from Fleetwood Town went down easily when challenged by Tiago Gomes. Furious Pool boss Holloway said the striker conned the referee, something Vardy was quick to deny.

“I have cut inside of him and he has banged into the back of me,†said Vardy, who netted 34 goals for the Highbury club last season.

“If there is contact it is a penalty. I thought we should have had one just before, but the referee has given this one and it is down to him at the end of the day.

“There was one on Lloyd Dyer just before. Lloyd said it was definitely a penalty but the referee didn’t give it.â€

Replays show Gomes got a clear touch on the ball and referee Mike Jone made the wrong decision, but Vardy says that’s not his problem.

“There was no dive. There was definitely contact, and the laws of the game say that if there is contact and he hasn’t touched the ball it is a penalty.â€

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/vardy-denies-a-spot-of-cheating-1-4893551

Archived