Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Mirror - Redknapp emerges as shock target for Leicester

Oh shit, does Nuge want Pearson to go?

I thought King went missing in tough away games though? :whistle:

King has had a good start to the season Corky. However, that's four games in, two of which we've lost. Let's hope his great form continues. But I ain't shouting too loudly just yet. And Wales are shite.. As I said over the summer.

:thumbup:

last i saw they were losing 6-1 col

Cheers buddy...

Harry Redknapp would be a good appointment no one can deny that really he may have flaws but not as many as NP purely because of his experience at this level and in the prem, if the owners aren't convinced by NP than make a change sooner rather than later imo.

As far as I know Redknapp has won one promotion from this league, with Portsmouth, on a spectacular budget. He also failed with Southampton, after getting them relegated. One and a half decent seasons with Pompey, half a miserable season with Soton in this league. I'm not sure that, in terms of experience, that hugely outshines the record of a man sixteen years his junior who has enjoyed three and a half seasons at this level, in which he saved Southampton from the drop at our expense and took us to the play-offs on a modest budget.

Not to mention the fact that the season is four games old; he's assembled this set of players and we're hardly embarrassing ourselves yet.

And really you should look at the post above which details that of the past fifteen sides to go up, eleven of the managers have had no top flight experience.

This isn't a loaded question, because I don't know the answer: How many teams have won promotion out of the thirty to go up in the past ten years having fired their manager within the first five games? I doubt there are many. Indeed, getting rid of the manager in the first couple of months of the campaign in 3 out of our last 4 seasons (in this league) has hardly worked wonders for us, has it?

I swear some of you just get bored when it looks like things might be on the up: Quick! Let's do something ridiculous!

As far as I know Redknapp has won one promotion from this league, with Portsmouth, on a spectacular budget. He also failed with Southampton, after getting them relegated. One and a half decent seasons with Pompey, half a miserable season with Soton in this league. I'm not sure that, in terms of experience, that hugely outshines the record of a man sixteen years his junior who has enjoyed three and a half seasons at this level, in which he saved Southampton from the drop at our expense and took us to the play-offs on a modest budget.

Not to mention the fact that the season is four games old; he's assembled this set of players and we're hardly embarrassing ourselves yet.

And really you should look at the post above which details that of the past fifteen sides to go up, eleven of the managers have had no top flight experience.

This isn't a loaded question, because I don't know the answer: How many teams have won promotion out of the thirty to go up in the past ten years having fired their manager within the first five games? I doubt there are many. Indeed, getting rid of the manager in the first couple of months of the campaign in 3 out of our last 4 seasons (in this league) has hardly worked wonders for us, has it?

I swear some of you just get bored when it looks like things might be on the up: Quick! Let's do something ridiculous!

My sentiments too, especially when the saviour is a tax dodging barrow boy,seems nice enough bloke but there appears to be something distinctly fishy and the big question should be why did Levy sack him when Spurs doing so well?

My sentiments too, especially when the saviour is a tax dodging barrow boy,seems nice enough bloke but there appears to be something distinctly fishy and the big question should be why did Levy sack him when Spurs doing so well?

Sacking 'Arry is one thing.

But I have a feeling that Spurs fans are gonna rue the day Levy ever gave AVB a four year contract and a shit load of cash to spend.

I reckon he may well be a Fook up waitin to happen.

But I have a feeling that Spurs fans are gonna rue the day Levy ever gave AVB a four year contract and a shit load of cash to spend.

This.

What Spurs have done is sack a bloke who had Spurs overachieving on a relatively small budget compared to the other top 4 clubs and employ a bloke who will spend huge amounts of money and underachieve.

Levy is an ex city trader. A cocky know all that wont be questioned or allow Redknapp or anyone else to dictate to him how when where or why.

Enjoy the ride spurs fans.... downwards....

I do agree there are a good few examples of managers, such as MON who have taken teams up, but for me the issue is not to merely gain promotion, but to stay up. That is my concern at this moment in time. I want to see my club staying up there with the best, and I am pretty damn sure in my own mind , that Redknapp could achieve this, unlike Mr. P., who seems unable to inspire his troops.

But Redknapp is massively unlikely to want to come here. And so is any other manager that has a record of getting teams out of this league and keeping them up. Why? Because they are all managing premier league clubs.

West Brom, QPR & Newcastle all changed their managers in the first season back up though which tends to suggest that their boards thought that their managers were out of their depth at the top level.

And two of those sacked managers currently manage the teams 1st and 15th in the Premier league.

Why? He went to Chelsea and was one of many managers who didn't last that long at the club. It'll be interesting to see how long Di Matteo is given.

He's made some good signings and I think he'll keep them up there.

But Redknapp is massively unlikely to want to come here. And so is any other manager that has a record of getting teams out of this league and keeping them up. Why? Because they are all managing premier league clubs.

I agree, and have stated that elsewhere. I am merely saying he would be the right calibre of manager, that could take us up, and make us stable.

Harry is available, although probably unlikely to come

I agree, and have stated that elsewhere. I am merely saying he would be the right calibre of manager, that could take us up, and make us stable.

Harry is available, although probably unlikely to come

Which means if we get rid of Pearson as you wish we'd only be able to replace him with someone with no record in the premier.

Why? He went to Chelsea and was one of many managers who didn't last that long at the club. It'll be interesting to see how long Di Matteo is given.

He's made some good signings and I think he'll keep them up there.

Why? Why?..... lol

The two situations are too similar..

Ancelloti gets the sack from Chelsea, a man very highly respected by players and fans alike, to be replaced by AVB who tries to do too much too quickly and loses the dressing room (allegedly).

Spurs... Sack Rednapp, another man highly respected by his players and bring in AVB who has ALREADY upset the apple cart re. Friedel and Lloris.

I think this could be disastrous and was amazed when I heard what Spurs were doing.

Only in football management can a bloke Fook up so spectacularly at one club, to be handsomely paid off when sacked and then walk straight into another top job, this time at Spurs, on another massive contract.

It's mad! It's mad!!! I tell ya....

Archived